Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stargate Worlds - There is new hope..?

ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

I just had an eMail from Dark Comet, you know, the company that bought the assets of CME. Here's their comment on SGW:

Full link to the source: http://www.sgrnews.com/email_response/index.php

Lets hope the audit will be positive and SGW will be released soon ;-)

Comments

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

It's still CME, they just did the old "make a new company" shuffle to avoid losing the IP to someone else, oldest shady business tactic in the book.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

Plus they are spamming people's email again, all these months later....

But to agree with tthe previous poster, nothing really new, SGW is still dead.

And you will notice that link is talking about SGR, which is not an MMO. And was/is junk.

• SemperFiVetSemperFiVet Member Posts: 83

That is so true, BUT there is still a way.. Any burnt investors in CME or any other scam Whiting/Gagon ran or any players out there that would REALLY like to see this game finished, I mean NO BS, let me know..

• EACableEACable Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

It's still CME, they just did the old "make a new company" shuffle to avoid losing the IP to someone else, oldest shady business tactic in the book.

If you took time to read the news or investigate what DCG is you would know the only two connections are:

1. Ex CME Employees

2. Firesky is publishing the SGR game.

Firesky owns the IP period... 

• lovecloneloveclone Member Posts: 57

If you took time to read the news or investigate what DCG is you would know the only two (changed to) six connections are:

1.  Ex CME Employees - who pretended to be ignorant to the Gary Whiting shenanigans.

2.  Firesky is publishing the SGR game.

3.  They use all the same old computers

4.  They are using the same investor business model

5.  They are using  the same investors

6.  The same shell game of companies -- DCG is a subsidiary of some other entity. 

• SemperFiVetSemperFiVet Member Posts: 83

This is the same shell game they were playing before, Whiting just doesn't have the control he once had, and there are a few other players involved. There is ONE way to walk out with the assets and  rid yourselves of the unsecured and most of the secured liabilities, it's not DARK COMET.. Just another underfunded jerk off wanna be.. Talk to the trustee, you will get the truth..

I have never seen so many people with so much to lose and sommuchn they could gain  with NO BALLS in my life..

Like I said, you want to OWN the asset, reap the benefits and shuck the dead weight, give me a heads up..

• Devildog1Devildog1 Member Posts: 494

Man, I was really looking forward to this game but from the sounds of it, if i does come out it'll probably be a half-a$$ed attempt unless someone else gets the ip rights!