Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Against All Odds - The Test

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bioware Mythic is inviting everyone to tomorrow night's ORvR mechanics test. The event will take place on the public test server in the RvR Lakes. Developers will be on hand to lead the troops into battle. Afterward, WAR devs will be on hand on the Ventrilo channel for a post-event chat.

The fun all starts at 8:00 PM EDT/02:00 CET on the Warpstone Public Test Server! Full Sovereign RR 80 Templates are enabled, so everyone can come on out!

Be sure to stick around after the test for the Developer Q&A Session hosted on the official BioWare Mythic Ventrilo server. Be sure to show up early if you want a slot on the Vent server as space is limited.

The Official BioWare Mythic Vent information is:

ventrilo1.eamythic.com

port: 3960

pw: PTS (Will be changed 10 minutes before the test event).

Read more on the Warhammer Herald.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HonkieHonkie Member Posts: 152

Amusing that Mythic is inviting people after all their hard work driving as many as they could away from their games.

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647

tell u what, ppl who left dont really care unless its f2p.  Game is not worth sub at all.

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

tell u what, ppl who left dont really care unless its f2p.  Game is not worth sub at all.

I love ma squigiee..

worth 50cents a day to play him

; )

• ArzhAngelArzhAngel Member Posts: 427

The Game is DEAD

• hogscraperhogscraper Member Posts: 322

Originally posted by ArzhAngel

The Game is DEAD

Too bad trolling is easier than actually knowing what you're talking about. While its definitely not dead I'm hoping they finally get the game to launch quality some time in 2012.

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Originally posted by hogscraper

Originally posted by ArzhAngel

The Game is DEAD

Too bad trolling is easier than actually knowing what you're talking about. While its definitely not dead I'm hoping they finally get the game to launch quality some time in 2012.

I went back for the two week welcome back trial which should have ended on the 23 rd but for me went on till the 29 th . In the two week welcome back time the game was a lot of fun loads of people playing but most of the free to play players gave up on the 23rd and only a few like myself tried beyond that date . I played on the two european english speaking servers so I cant speak about the others . Once the two week period was over the game reverted to what i remember in both t3 and t4 which was that it was ok but it had nowhere near the number of people playing for the a pvp centric game to work well . But it really was nice to see what the game could be like in those two weeks . Shame it never realised that potential .

• jvxmtgjvxmtg Member Posts: 371

I personally believe that they are on the same sinking boat with Age of Conan.

When players don't trust you, there's no way of getting them back.

Ready for GW2!!!
  • KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

AoC is far from a sinking ship, the game rises in popularity from one week to the next, especially since the release of the expansion pack.

I also disagree with the second statement regarding players and trust. It is entirely possible to get ex-players back, it's just a matter of showing them that there initial investment hasn't gone to waste and that the game has improved dramatically since, which Funcom has done rather well with AoC.

AoC is more of a success now than it ever has been.

• thanoskkkthanoskkk Member UncommonPosts: 230

Originally posted by Kost

AoC is far from a sinking ship, the game rises in popularity from one week to the next, especially since the release of the expansion pack.

I also disagree with the second statement regarding players and trust. It is entirely possible to get ex-players back, it's just a matter of showing them that there initial investment hasn't gone to waste and that the game has improved dramatically since, which Funcom has done rather well with AoC.

agreed

He that lives upon Hope dies farting.

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501

Exactly...

AoC has new players starting up everyday. 

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514

• AlexTheTallAlexTheTall Member Posts: 174

Agreed, I just restarted and the population seems good and the game is much better!

• jezvinjezvin Member UncommonPosts: 804

It's too late, they needed 3 realms...

-------------------------------------------------
    Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 33.33%

EKSA

• Shadowrunn3rShadowrunn3r Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by AlexTheTall

Agreed, I just restarted and the population seems good and the game is much better!

Does it still have the same game mechanics?

Originally posted by rozenblade1

Exactly...

AoC has new players starting up everyday. 

What about the players that aren't new?

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Actually, AoC's popularity appears to have gone back down to roughly pre-expansion levels, and is holding there.

The game is much better now than it was at launch, but it's basically another middle-of-the-road PvE themepark.  It's great that it has fans that enjoy it, but AoC's resurgence has been well overblown by fans.

Of course, WAR is doing worse than AoC, and for good reason - the devs have abandoned it.  Almost nothing new has come out in the game for over a year.  They've done little more than tweaks and adjustments to existing parts of the game.  No MMO will survive for long that way.

If they were to finally put some real work into it, and put out a real expansion, WAR would probably experience a decent resurgence as well.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

In my opinion this game needs to go the free to play route, too little content to justify a sub.

• BooksBooks Member Posts: 80

My whole thing with WAR is that there's no story behind the RvR. If it's red it's dead will only take me so far in a online experience. I get that the city sieges are the end game raids but what's beyond that? Bioware - Mythic hasn't done anything beyond, "Hey look out for those ratmen, maybe they'll show up in some RvR lakes and be worth more XP than usual." So rather than the endless tide of ratmen from the books we'll get  a few here and there with a runner that's worth even more, OooOooo! So exciting.

On the PvE side the quests stories are sleep aids and should come with warning labels. The over arching stories of the races are so broad you as a player are made to feel beyond the smallest cog. Yet, in RvR you can kill an emporer... Doesn't make much sense.

As for Conan I've gone back and tried it again and again but the quests have no character. They give me no feeling of urgency or a sense of consequence, again here piss poor story telling.

I do enjoy the realism, the gore and to some extent the combat. But I feel the combat could have been more twitch based and a little less Dance Dance Revolution. After a while of grinding through quests hitting the attack combos gets more monotonous than I'm used to dealing with in an MMO.

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647

bigggest let down was no realm pride no team work like Daoc,  just zerg the small zone and if u are losing just bring more ppl to crash the server and reset the warzone lol. 

• DocZDocZ Member Posts: 105

i see they are more heavly pushing the Bioware name attached to Mythic now in hopes of linking it to quality

I challenged my reflection to a staring contest....4 days later i won

• DamarlDamarl Member UncommonPosts: 30

i disagree with what peoples said on this thread, while i agree with some too. BUT, there's one i wont agree and never will... You want a F2P game ? go play the damn shit that F2P devs are doing  !

I played WAR, alot ! I've played DAOC, longer than i've played WAR, i paid the damn subs, and if the game wouldnt worth it, i just hit the "cancel" button and thats it !

If you wanna talk about MMO, dont come from the %$#$ F2P world ! You dont wanna pay ? then ask your daddy or your uncle i dont give a $%$#@ where you find your money. those that are working on those game are doing the best they can. And sometimes, the "boss" dont want some "thing" or the other "thing"  to be live. So, they're doing the best they can, to make cash to be able to feed their famillies.

WAR was fun... at first.. first time you're in the T4, get geared, do the instance a few time, be lucky and enjoy the PvP. But, and.... BUT... If you plan to make a PVP MMO, or a RvR MMO... I've got one thing to tell ya : Expect lots of lots of lots of lots of lots of lots of new peoples playing MMO for 4 to 5 years max, and all they want is massive battles ! They dont care if they're on the ram taking the gate down ! They dont care if they guard the postern ! They just dont care about anything else than the freaking%#@%$# LOOT from the damn side that gonna win !!! You win, you get something... you lose... you get something...

F?%$R?# generation of: if i dont get this,  i dont play !

Thats where WAR lost  the real PvPer.... Thats where WAR lost "CASH" !!! They tho by doing the same thing Blizzshit did, they could compete... well.. sorry but try again, anyway tey got way more $$$ than me :P

For 95% of peoples that gonna disagree with me, read bellow :D

Go back on WoW ! go back on L2, or go back on i dont ffucking know which game !!! But if you want some real PvP and RvR... dont expect to  win anything except some honor from winning the damn fight, and if you lose... Keep your head up ! That means those that beats ya were better ! haha !

Oh and... i lost alot... but i respect those that beat me... well.. most of them.. Some are just 'no life" peoples that can afford to waste 30 hours a week to farm stuff and doing the same damn freaking instance days after days... sorry guys... you may have beaten me... but i got a life ! :P

• cougmerrikcougmerrik Member Posts: 15

WAR is a really fun game at the low end.  It's almost surreal how a game can be so fun at the low and and so bad at the high end.  I really enjoyed the battlegrounds.  It became apparent several months after launch that T3 and beyond was totally ill-conceived and failed to build on any of the successes of the early tiers.  I've gone back to play T1 several times and found it to be pretty entertaining.

I agree with those that say they needed that third faction to give the world PvP real depth instead of a long-term tug of war.  That, some bad PvE decisions, and some really bad PvP decisions at the high end really doomed the game to mediocrity.

• SilverelSilverel Member UncommonPosts: 24

Oh hey, that's original. People are bashing WAR for not having enough "content". No surprise. Everyone that's made it into T4 has a great time, and the ones that can't seem to grind their way up is having issues. 

I can't believe F2PMMORPG.com has whiners about "not enough content" and "too much grind" at the same time. Unbelievable.

• MandaloreMandalore Member UncommonPosts: 131

What grind? You can get Lvl40 in under 1 week. I have to play avoid PvE so i can stay longer in T2^^ (with my twink). The main problem are the server with to low population. WAR is a game that needs enough players in every Tier - maybe thats a general design fail.

I dont get the point of bashing games - i dont like WoW, but i was never in a WoW Thread or comment to blame the game. I dont care about.

The last test event was fun - and as I heard the ventrilo chat was informative and in a nice athmosphere. (I dont use Vent.)

-------------------------------------
     Playing: Overwatch, Genshin Impact, Black Desert Mobile, Hundred Soul, Cyberpunk 2077
     Inactive: WAR, DAoC, RIFT, GW1/2, TSW, Age of Wulin, Black Desert, Blade & Soul, Skyforge

• QrajberQrajber Member UncommonPosts: 40

I gave up after they didnt fixed server stability even after transition EU servers are stillcrashing hpe they will fix that and after a 4 charcter 50+ I cannot force my self again to wander in empty zones again ....

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by jezvin

Yes. The game will never rise from the swamp of mediocrity unless they add a third realm. Any other change wont matter...

• jezvinjezvin Member UncommonPosts: 804

Originally posted by Yamota

Originally posted by jezvin

Yes. The game will never rise from the swamp of mediocrity unless they add a third realm. Any other change wont matter...

well changing end game pve to be more focused on public quests would have helped.

but yeah 3 realms changes the perception one gets from pvp. In a two realm system if one realm is clearly over populated there is a low chance that the other will usually win anything. And people that lose stand a chance of unsubscribing.

But with three realms you get and interesting dynamic.

The biggest thing is it's harder to attack. So basically the big realm that gets to attack has to worry about that third realm crashing the party.

So if realm A has a huge zerg and is sieging realm B's keeps, then realm C has two options. Attack A's keeps or attack A's group attacking B's keeps. so in any sort of attack situation it puts the realm defending in a pseudo alliance with the extra realm.

There is also a dynamic that can happen in open PvP, Not to say that it will happen but due to the nature of zerg fights usally being in the same areas it will happen alot.

Basically you have big zerg A attacking smaller zerg B, naturally zerg A the bigger one wins. usally they won the battle with some losses and this is when zerg C attacks for the most part wiping out zerg A.

So look at that situation who wins? well zerg A clearly beat zerg B so everyone there is happy, and zerg C beat zerg A so C is also pretty pumped. and Zerg B well they lost to A clearly they are slightly upset and want to get revenge on A, but someone from B is surely still on their corpse or scouting the fight and sees C come and wipe out A. It's not the same as B wiping out A but it changes everything. All of a sudden B's perspective is changed from "well there is the super zerg lets not PvP" to "They just got owned lets get back out there".

Basically 3 realm RvR balances it's self out better than 2 realms.

This is another story of MMO developers making a good game then making a sequel but have no idea what it is that made their game good in the first place.

Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 33.33%

EKSA