Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

READ THIS!! if u have ever played rappelz

2»

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by CryoDragon

hmm i didnt play rappelz for long but i got to lvl 30 and was sick of it.

Reasons for quitting:

-Slow, long, and repetitive quests

-dieing....alot

-armor sets that are 30 levels apart

-LAGGGGGGGGGGG  >.<

...and that's pretty much it

Dito *

Most important reason for me was the boring, slow & repetative quest grind. 

• madrianomadriano Member Posts: 3

what hooks you in the game are the pets that you collect. it will be boring if you just grind alone and just do quests alone.

on the grinding part, what mmorpg doesnt want you to grind? if you quit as early as lvl 30 then trust me, you havent even begun to fully play the game.

if you want to speed up in the game then level up to 20.  after that join dungeon parties, along the way you will be able to collect empty pet cards to tame. you'll be level 30 in no time at all. dont mind the quests (and trust me on this one) continue on those DP's and you'll be 40 just like that. items are fairly easy to get once you get in the dungeons for you to sell or keep.

ask around or read the forums as to what build you might want your class to be. theres a lot of mean people in game but doesnt mean there are no nice ones.

play it before you judge the game. have fun and goodluck!

• bisurgebisurge Member UncommonPosts: 168

I have to admit, Rappelz has one of the finer grind systems if you just get lucky. The reason for the grind is that certain monsters are better for EXP and some drop pet cards - worth millions. If you can get a single pet card: the Blue Pixie, and you want to play a game without spamming potions all day long, all you have to do is make a Cleric or a Kahuna and train with that Blue Pixie healing you.

Furthermore, there's the world communication system. You will never be left to chat alone once you hit level 20 because you can talk to everyone on the server. It gets a bit spammy at times but I personally think it was a good implementation.

• schmidty131schmidty131 Member Posts: 3

Hi i am happy you made this thread the reason i quit was because 1. It was laggy... 2.It is all about HLP-High Level Pet (The game was not ment to be played this way) 3. People became assholes over time 4. The cash shop is getting worse and worse ever day...

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

Laggy, the pet system was the staple of the game, yet pet combat was unfun to say the least,and all u ever did was grind in dungeon groups all day. It had some interesting classes i thought tho.

• muc1004muc1004 Member Posts: 6

We both, my friend and I, don't play this game since about one year because

- too less events with mostly sucking rewards

- you need to spend real cash if you don't want to kill about 1000 monsters a day

- laggs

- bad community on our server (I for sure don't remember the name), mostly kids and unemployed

- ill people who kill you after you transported, everytime you transport you have to pay so you won't have much ingame gold left

- too much player on one server or too less monsters

- it's just boring, we left after I think the update to R5, you couldn't go into dungeons although you have been about 20lvl higher than the monsters and still didn't stand any chance to live through it

- you have to go into dungeons if you want your quests solved but you can't go into dungeons without a group with 20 players

- no support, as in most games there's no communication between publisher and players and between publisher and programmer.

All in all I don't miss it.

• bisurgebisurge Member UncommonPosts: 168

Originally posted by muc1004

We both, my friend and I, don't play this game since about one year because

- too less events with mostly sucking rewards

- you need to spend real cash if you don't want to kill about 1000 monsters a day

- laggs

- bad community on our server (I for sure don't remember the name), mostly kids and unemployed

- ill people who kill you after you transported, everytime you transport you have to pay so you won't have much ingame gold left

- too much player on one server or too less monsters

- it's just boring, we left after I think the update to R5, you couldn't go into dungeons although you have been about 20lvl higher than the monsters and still didn't stand any chance to live through it

- you have to go into dungeons if you want your quests solved but you can't go into dungeons without a group with 20 players

- no support, as in most games there's no communication between publisher and players and between publisher and programmer.

All in all I don't miss it.

I have a few objections:

You don't have to kill 1000 monsters a day if you don't use real money. You have to kill more.

Also, you can set your respawn point, so you don't have to pay everytime you transport. Also, you can't be attacked in towns, only outside of towns, so you can just run out, get killed, respawn in that town (after resetting your respawn point to that town), and try a different exit.

Most servers have too few players, actually. They had to combine servers because populations were too low.

R5 is level 100. I think you mean Ep5 (Epic 5). I went through dungeons 5 levels higher solo, and 2 levels lower with a party. However, "HLP" (High Level Pet) parties destroyed below-90 group dungeon parties.

You only need a 5 or 6 player group to do dungeons. Try joining a guild if you can't find one.

The GMs in Rappelz are actually considerably active. You can often find them in world chat. However, the developers are completely missing.

EDIT: Also, for those of you who say the cash shop is getting worse, please note that this is a completely ignorant statement. The cash shop is actually getting ridiculously better. Now you can obtain several things that used to be money-bought.

• RiboflavinRiboflavin Member Posts: 44

The pet system, which if Rappelz had anything good at all in it, was appealing, but it has been watered down over and over and .........

I compare watering down of this game to homeopathic remedy, where the strength of the actual substance is 1/10000 of original strength.

It is a wonder to me, how this game keeps going.

Some mmos are just harder to kill off than Clostridium difficile.

• slavkecslavkec Member Posts: 20

Complete grind festival, zero support.

• Darastrix70Darastrix70 Member UncommonPosts: 2

Worst game ever folks. this game steals your money and steals your soul. been playing for almost 5 years. i put 260 usd into this game last week and went out with 81 tpros for a white dragon tame. everylast one of them fails and what does customer support say? better luck next time... after nearly 5 years and litterally thousands of dollars spent on this game, they screw me. to people considering to play this game DONT. its totally not worth your time.

• psyclumpsyclum Member Posts: 792

Originally posted by Darastrix70

Worst game ever folks. this game steals your money and steals your soul. been playing for almost 5 years. i put 260 usd into this game last week and went out with 81 tpros for a white dragon tame. everylast one of them fails and what does customer support say? better luck next time... after nearly 5 years and litterally thousands of dollars spent on this game, they screw me. to people considering to play this game DONT. its totally not worth your time.

hahaha and after that, i intentionally did the xp cheat and got myself perma banned during their mass banning of the R6/R7's so i would have no motivation to look back ever:D

truth to the matter is if you WANT to enjoy rappelz, be prepared to spend at least $3000 :D  otherwise, move along and dont look back

• CugastratosCugastratos Member Posts: 1

Believe it or not I still play Rappelz, but I'd strongly suggest that if you're thinking of using the Cash shop, DON'T unless you really like burning money.  If you have enough to spend over $150+ USD on Rappelz for a single year I'd strongly suggest spending that cash on a subscription game like FFXI, Phantasy Star Universe (Japan), or even WoW because at least you get a stable game(Rappelz is fraught with bugs and glitches), hardly any lag, better developers, better gaming community, better game economy, and game maintanence.  Rappelz  is extremely expensive compared to those subscription games I've mentioned above for a far less than adequate service.

Reasons to play Rappelz-

1.Its free to play if you want a free MMORPG

2.The pet system can be fun.

3.Job classes are fairly interesting.

4.Events are being improved and being held more often for players.

5.You can solo normal dungeons/ vulcanus Solodungeon and champion mobs with ease depending on your skills and pet type/level.

Reasons NOT to play Rappelz-

1.The Cash Shop is over priced considering its uses.

2.Crafting system is sub par and craft/enhancement  success rate is ridiculously low considering they desire players to use Cash shop items.  Imagine having only 1 item you want to achieve to +20 (maximum level enhancement) and failing 20+ times straight requiring you to "repair" that item with a $12 USD item that you only get 1 of for that price.   Now mulitply that by x10 items you would like to get to +20 with the same problems.

3.Taming skill and success rates are a complete mess. A player with level 1+0 taming skill can tame a high tier pet (harder success tame rate) with a better success rate in many cases than a player with level 10+5~7+ creature taming card booster.  This is in no small part to the fact that the developers aren't willing to balance taming skill to be more effective.  Players aren't even given any information as to even a base percentage of the taming skill nor the pet card they're taming. All is left to complete speculation so far on the players end. 

4.Random lag spikes that can come from a variety of causes.  Either it is server side, certain graphics can cause players to crash/lag, certain player skills/toggles can cause party members to lag/crash, changing equipment in party or near others can cause random crash/lag issues.

5.Drop rates are horribly low except on 2 particular servers that specialize in PvP or PvExperience.

6.Gaming community is full of very inconsiderate players.  If you're looking for nice folks to have fun with, it can be a chore to find them.  Be prepared for constant harrassment from PKers.

7.PvP is a mess. If you don't have the +20 weapon and armors you can't win against anyone who does have them. 

8.Glitches and bugs, this game gets them during every "maintanence" text missing, skills don't work or malfunction, monsters don't die or bosses HP starts to go awry.  Party members don't show properly in party listing etc.  And it takes weeks or longer for them to fix the problem.

9.The rupee spammers or RMT spammers.  They not only spam day in and day out, but if one is foolish enough to use their services, they also will run the risk of having their account stolen. 

10. To be continued....

• FritomanFritoman Member Posts: 59
    LOL, I know this thread was started 5 years ago but thought I would chime in since Rappelz was my very first F2P game experience...ok, maybe the 2nd, I did play Anarchy Online around that time.  Anyways, I played to level 28-30 somewhere around there.  But when I started, someone in the game stated that the average person would play to level 30 and quit...well, he/she was absolutely right. All my Guild members ended up quitting and I was logging in to an empty Guild so i too quit.  Also, the game became very boring.  just thought I would give my 2 cents
  • xyfaismynamexyfaismyname Member Posts: 13

Hi Guys!

i want to play rappelz but in philippines server.

i know you guys are PROs when it comes to rappelz.

can you give me any idea on which i will choose? PVE or PVP?

which build is good?

i heard rappelz philippines is good and PVE server is a newly opened server.

i also heard that they are giving free items for new players and transfering players.

Does any of you tried playing here? http://www.rappelz.ph/index.html ?

Any reply will be appreciated. Thank you!!