Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: July Producer's Letter

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Warhammer Online's Carrie Gouskos has written the July edition of the Producer's Letter. In it, Gouskos talks about summer convention plans for the WAR team in both Cologne, Germany and at the Baltimore (MD) Games Day.

The letter also goes into some detail about the recent WAR forum move from the WAR site to the Bioware Community Site and the transition of the European servers back to Bioware Mythic control.

Finally, Gouskos speaks to the upcoming v1.3.6 patch and its current state on the public test server and then she spends quite a bit of time discussing live events and Tier 4:

In closing, while Tier 4 is a very important part of WAR, we know that players only get to Tier 4 by passing through the first three Tiers. As we’ve been examining the ORVR experience, as well as our other plans for the future of WAR, we wanted to incentivize ORVR in Tiers 2 and 3. In order to do this, we’ve taken a page from the DAoC playbook and have added high experience value NPCs to the RVR lakes in Tiers 2 and 3. While we expect players to gravitate to these camps because of the xp,the ultimate goal is to drive the lower Tier populations back into the RVR Lakes. This change goes hand in hand with the deliberate decision to restrict access to Land of the Dead for all players below Rank 32. More players in the RvR Lakes means more fun for lower Tier characters and, of course, more killing in the face.

Read the WAR Producer's Letter.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

They've mentioned they'll be announcing planned new content at GamesCom in a couple of weeks, which should be really interesting to see.

And, if I never see the phrase "killing in the face" again, it'll be too soon.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• vickter420vickter420 Member UncommonPosts: 37

"In closing, while Tier 4 is a very important part of WAR, we know that players only get to Tier 4 by passing through the first three Tiers."

I dont like hearing that I had a level 40 in WAR and it wasnt hard to get their and was a lot of fun....the problem with WAR among many MMOs is they dont focus enough on endgame! who cares about T2 T3? Once you finally get the right level you out level it and have to move on. I think MMOs have a problem with understanding that while leveling may be an experience in a MMO its not the only one. Having a good leveling system and then nothing to do (or very little) once you finally reach the cap besides roll another toon and do it again is all MMOs seem to try for now a days.

I went back and saw the servers still have a problem staying up during mass RVR and when your getting close to capping  zone#2 the server fails and all your work is reset this was a few months ago I dunno if it was fixed but yah in general I felt the endgame was pretty boring as ever too bad they just didnt make DAoC2.

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

One of the most common complaints of the game is that t2 and especially t3 are dead. Wether you find that important or not is opinion i guess, but the complaints are certainly there.  They absolutely need help, and i don't think this is a bad idea.

I don't disagree that t4 needs work as well, and if you listen to rumours, there may be info coming "soon" on that.

I haven't seen the server crash from mass RvR in a very long time. Not saying it hasn't happened, but i play quite bit, and i haven't seen it.

• zaphorzaphor Member Posts: 20

The server crashes are not to big of an issue, but Marcus hit it on the head. T2 is slow and T3 is dead.

• soundsonicsoundsonic Member UncommonPosts: 16

on one of the German websites, do reference, that the war soon onto publicity brings for a new expansion :P

(sorry bad english :( )