Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last Days Pope John Paul II?

DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

The pope is in the hospital for the 3rd time this month. He has a urinary tract infection, and he was given sacrament of the annointing of the sick (last rites). One doctors quote was this:

"His body has come to a standstill," said Dr. Zab Mosenifar, who treats elderly patients at the intensive care unit at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. "Usually, these people go in a downhill course."

This doesn't necessarily mean he will die. He is responding to antibiotics, but his condition is worsening.

Full story here:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=1&u=/ap/20050401/ap_on_re_eu/pope_3

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Yup

I think so

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Last time he made a public appearance they had to feed him through a tube.

Doesn't look very good.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

i do feel it is sad someone who made the church so much better then it was even in world war two. with platform of non involvment, and some priests even turned in resistance fighters against musalini.

and much better then their silent endorsement of the slave trade.

i feel pope john paul has made the catholic church a good summaritan outgoing organization that helps the world. and i feel he is mostly responsible for this. so i feel this is a great man passing away.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• mister_GuSmister_GuS Member Posts: 811

When i strated hearing about him bieng sick it really made me sad
    I mean this man is the head of the church and well i am Catholic so in a way he is like my president of religion
    and well if he goes
    who knows who will take his place

lets hope god saves this man

For atleast some more years

unless he is in pain
    then in that case, i think people in pain should well not have to be in pain any more

God Bless you Pope John Paul II!::::28::

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riggy for shissy:
    Pent 4 2.66
    1 GIG ram
    Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition
    120 gigs of HD

REMEMBER: He who hates the beaner, Will loose his WIENER!

• DerfelCadarnDerfelCadarn Member Posts: 875

I am also Catholic, it is really sad to see such a great man die. He really helped the church survive in the 20th century through reform. Unlike figure heads of countries and organizations- I really think he talks the talk and walks the walk.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Sigh.

First Johnnie Cochran, Then Mitch Hedburg, and now possibly the Pope. What a depressing week.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• Hyper_PorsheHyper_Porshe Member Posts: 20

It seems like it may be, but who would be the new pope if he did die ::::03:: It wouldnt be the same, because "Da freakin pope"(if you have seen family guy) is a one of a kind ::::08::

-Hyper::::28::

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Update:

The pope only has hours to live. He is in grave condition and has now suffered heart failure.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&tmpl=fc&in=World&cat=Pope_John_Paul_II

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    Its very sad to see him go, he has done so much to the world.. He is one of a kind and should be remembered for a long time to come, I know I will remember him image