Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Site Advertising Single Player Games?

KruxKrux Member Posts: 274

Is the market for mmorpg's/mmo's really that pathetic where now mmorpg.com has to take advertising for single-player games such as Enslaved, a strategic single-player adventure game?

Honestly, that's not the only non-mmorpg/mmo game rearing it's head on a massively-multiplayer gaming site, but okay, guess it might be better to relaunch a new site such as mmorpg.mmo.rpg.mmog.mmorts.mmosg.mmoccg.rts.fps.anygame.com

Comments

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

That's something I thought was funny, especially with official news bits / links to Starcraft 2, which is anything but an MMORPG.

Seriously, if you guys want to do general gaming, just go IGN, Gamespy, or whatever.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516

Careful they are issuing warnings for these kinds of posts now lol

• eburneburn Member Posts: 740

Originally posted by severius

Careful they are issuing warnings for these kinds of posts now lol

It's an income source.

EA pays to get this 'hot new leaked info' out there.

But at least they're willing argue that it's relevant I guess.

I kill other players because they're smarter than AI, sometimes.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

The people of Torchlight are paying MMORPG.com for their news too?

I don't know, I bet its voluntary on MMORPG.com's own favorite games.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Who the f**K cares if they do or not?!

Of all the things to complain about, FFS... then again, I expect no less from users like Krux.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

The people of Torchlight are paying MMORPG.com for their news too?

I don't know, I bet its voluntary on MMORPG.com's own favorite games.

There's more to revenue than $ alone, but yeah I'm certain it's worth more than 'boy this game looks good'.

Bioware and EA are looking for allies to promote their upcoming MMORPG and EA has their fingers in a ton. The more good press given the more exclusives given the more hits given so on and so forth.

There should be classes about consumerism.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Times are tough for everybody, who really gives a flying monkey F*)k where they get the money from and whats advertised here? They are not using it to buy Ferrari's or private jets. They are using it pay wages and keep the site the running. It's an advert on a computer games website advertising a computer game. Get a grip.

Originally posted by spookydom

Times are tough for everybody, who really gives a flying monkey F*)k where they get the money from and whats advertised here? They are not using it to buy Ferrari's or private jets. They are using it pay wages and keep the site the running. It's an advert on a computer games website advertising a computer game. Get a grip.

I'm glad mmorpg.com is making money from it honestly.

But I do think it's silly looking how this particular relationship plays out. Plus people ask why and they deserve to know.

Honestly bring me more Dragon Age news. I always thought the best gaming on a PC came from Baulder's Gate style rpgs.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

If I want to do anything on other gaming genres, there's far superior places to go than here.  If the place wants to try to be IGN, I'd rather go to IGN because that's what kind of work they've always been doing image What's next?  News and reviews on the upcoming Medal of Honor game?  Strategies on Super Street Fighter IV?  I came to MMORPG.com for indepth, up to date MMORPG information.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• XiroXiro Member UncommonPosts: 118

Who cares if they post single-player games? all they do is highlight the significant single-player games.. which i like to be honest, because although i am an MMOer i AM a gamer , and do like to keep in touch with my console counter parts~ i didn't even know about enslaved till they posted it, so.. lol.

Stop finding stupid stuff to QQ about. 

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

This website brings one bad ad and every one jumps on the wagon and starts calling them out when the actual level of advertisement on this website is great, hell i don't see people complain when they have ads for bras on the actual games website and you guys are complaining about ads on a gaming website about a game? pathetic.

• gracefieldgracefield Member UncommonPosts: 279

It's pretty standard for this forum - there are guys on here that just don't seem to be able to breathe without having a go - everything's an epic fail, developers are all tossers and every company that ever made a game are robbers and should crash and burn - you'll get it all on here. Over-reaction is always the flavour of the month...

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by Warmaker

If I want to do anything on other gaming genres, there's far superior places to go than here.  If the place wants to try to be IGN, I'd rather go to IGN because that's what kind of work they've always been doing image What's next?  News and reviews on the upcoming Medal of Honor game?  Strategies on Super Street Fighter IV?  I came to MMORPG.com for indepth, up to date MMORPG information.

You (well most everyone else in this thread)  are talking about advertisements on this website not the content of the website. Do you really get your news and reviews through advertising elsewhere?  I doubt it. Why expect it from here?

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by grunty

You (well most everyone else in this thread)  are talking about advertisements on this website not the content of the website. Do you really get your news and reviews through advertising elsewhere?  I doubt it. Why expect it from here?

No, they are talking about articles on non-MMO games, to which I still reply;

"who gives a f**k?"

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• RaizeenRaizeen Member Posts: 622

Originally posted by GTwander

No, they are talking about articles on non-MMO games, to which I still reply;

"who gives a f**k?"

Me thinks tons of fails are butthurt cause they where once again wrong like always that blizzard would fail with starcraft 2 and they where realy wrong and are now bitching about the general idea of single player games.

It's an advert ace, try to keep things in perspective. The events you describe have not hapened, why the F&%k are you getting your knickers in a twist? The only other games they have talked about on this site the majority of us would have bought anyway. This site has a great editorial staff, good writers and decent mods. If they want or need to branch out into other spheres of gaming then all power to them. If you don't like it don't come back that's your choice. I can't speak for everybody but I doubt very much you will be missed. (snip)

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

This is such non-sense. They have already stated multiple times why they post other types of games on this website other than mmorpg's. If it needs to be said again then so be it, its because it's relavent to gaming in general, and most people play more than just rpg's. If this site only contained information about mmorpg's then it would be a very dead site. MMORPG news doesn't come out every day, so there has to be filler news that is relavent to gaming. Seriously people, take a moment and think about what your going to type before you actually hit the post button. I think that is all that needs to be said and this topic can be closed now as there is already topics about this situation.  END

Pointing out fallacies or poor logic is good. Calling someone a 'fail' or a 'turnip' isn't. Name calling does nothing to promote reason.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Hasn't this been beat like a dead horse enough? Can't count how many times it's came up, new threads and plenty of random posts about it within the comment section of said news article, the answer is still the same.

With the shear number of threads and posts about this around, aswell as the responses and reasoning from admins, I can only think this one was made just to "troll", and that's not a word I ever throw around..

Pointing out fallacies or poor logic is good. Calling someone a 'fail' or a 'turnip' isn't. Name calling does nothing to promote reason.

Oh, I think we went beyond reason around about this thread from the original post.  Really grunty...Turnip???? who's going to take that seriously????  :)

Oh, I think we went beyond reason around about this thread from the original post.  Really grunty...Turnip???? who's going to take that seriously????  :)

The person called it?

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

I don't know, I don't find it that strange a question, after all, the site is being called mmorpg.com not for nothing.

While in the end I don't really give a damn, the amount of newsitems and -pieces about singleplayer games this week was prominent, and such things usually makes me suspect of some news entries being pushed or encouraged by 'sponsors'.

I don't see other mmorpg focused sites like massively.com spending a lot of news items to singleplayer games as comparison. Like I said, in the end I don't really care, but the frequency of newsitems this week about singleplayer games was that much that it stuck out,  especially for a mmorpg-site.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

The person called it?

Well if thats the nastiest thing he ever gets called then fair play to him. Look, I don't want to go off topic here but I will say is this. Though I admire your forum police stand thing you have going on right now it's not your job. If you find offence in my post then flag it and let the mods decide, but please no more self important , sanctimonius little speaches ok?  Unless you are trying to make me vomit to death, then by all means go for it but I must warn you.....I had a large dinner:)

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

That's just stupid. You're allowed to call another poster turnip, but someone else can't say something about it? Weird and stupid argumentation.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

The person called it?

Well if thats the nastiest thing he ever gets called then fair play to him. Look, I don't want to go off topic here but I will say is this. Though I admire your forum police stand thing you have going on right now it's not your job. If you find offence in my post then flag it and let the mods decide, but please no more self important , sanctimonius little speaches ok?  Unless you are trying to make me vomit to death, then by all means go for it but I must warn you.....I had a large dinner:)

I don't report what someone else may feel is a personal attack on them.  I also ignore attempts at personal attacks to myself.

I will continue to report referral linkers, private server promoters, NDA breakers, and posts with what I feel have excessive profanity. I then leave it up to the staff at MMORPG.com to determine whether my report has value or not. The vast majority of the time they agree with me.