Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you ever buy another Cryptic game?

MackehMackeh Member Posts: 164

Please don't turn this into a flame war, I am just really wanting to know if after all the talk of Cryptic ripping off the gamers will any of you ever touch another Cryptic game?

Comments

• sultharsulthar Member Posts: 298

nope, not event with a 10' pole.

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218

Nope.

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• viditorumviditorum Member Posts: 60

I would be hard pressed to. Now if the game goes free then 100% no and will be looking for a class action suit to get on board with. Yeah I got got suckered and did life time. LOL live and learn.

• coruncorun Member Posts: 61

no

• Dragon71UKDragon71UK Member Posts: 86

Not a chance in hell.

Played WOW (5 years), AOC, AO, EQ2,AC2, Horizons, Saga of Ryzom, SWG, CO, STO(Beta),ROM, Allods, and many other F2P titles. Asl been in beta for many of the main titles and played countless SP games. I have been gaming for 15+ years!

• raistalin69raistalin69 Member Posts: 575

no..... wait, how much will you pay me to buy one?

edit: and do i have to install it?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/276296/would-u-buy-another-cryptic-game.html

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

I have STO and while that game needs more content etc. I like it so I bought CO on steam a little while ago because it was cheaper than one months sub. I played it for several hours, didn't like it, and then deleted it.

So I might, it depends on the price of the game I suppose.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

nope, CO is one of the few mmorpg i regret ever getting

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• Aki_RossAki_Ross Member Posts: 166

No, I would sooner vote Democrat that buy another Cryptic game.

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

More than likely not. It would take an extreme set of circumstances for me to even consider another game of theirs in the future; a setting that I really wanted to play, a proper development time of 4+ years, and the firing (before they can have any input) of the current Cryptic executive team along with none of those people (nor Zinc) ever being allowed near the company again. if those things were to happen, then I might consider it.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• KitKat1KitKat1 Member Posts: 33

HELL NO!

• VeldekarVeldekar Member Posts: 220

Nope...

• rwmillerrwmiller Member Posts: 472

Possibly but it would depend on the game. I don't really worry about the developer other than it sets a general level of expectation on what I might get.

To assume that simply because a company has released a few good programs that all their programs will be good is probably overly positive whilst assuming a company with a few stinkers can't do anything else is overly negative.

STO was a disappointment and will negatively impact my next purchase from Cryptic but I will consider what ever it is they bring to the market.

• C04LC04L Member UncommonPosts: 22

Probably not, We'l see(tm)

• TbnitzTbnitz Member UncommonPosts: 13

No way

Never again

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

You mean another game based on the CO engine ?  NO.

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443

Champions online was my last mistake. Cryptic can go bankrupt and i wont give a shit.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

No

• SevenOmaticSevenOmatic Member UncommonPosts: 177

lol, I never bought one to begin with.

• ASpartanASpartan Member UncommonPosts: 44

At this point in time NO: not even if they paid me!

• HagonbokHagonbok Member Posts: 365

No

• KyngBillsKyngBills Member UncommonPosts: 452

Not a chance in h.e. double toothpicks...image

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Yes.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

What's that old saying...."Fool me once...."

That would be a no.

• GadarethGadareth Member UncommonPosts: 310

Yes, seriously STO and CO are exactly as promoted. They are casual friendlty games with regular updates. The development team at least seem to be paying attention to the playerbase. (Please note I said paying attention they may not be doing exactly  what people demand BUT they at least seem to be paying attention).

No they are not perfect and yes there is room for improvement but they are improving things as they go.

So if the new game they develop looks interesting then yes I would consider getting it.

Gadareth