Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hero Engine capabilites - Space combat Video

BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Here is a youtube video of BW's hero engine with actual space combat:

Mind you this is not SWTOR but is thier engine and what it can basically do, will help give you an idea that BW is not any other company that has released a shit game in the last decade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt-Jk3TmodY

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Comments

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by sinjin

Mind you this is not SWTOR but is thier engine and what it can basically do, will help give you an idea that BW is not any other company that has released a shit game in the last decade.

It doesn't do any thing of the sort.

First of all, Bioware didn't make the engine.

Second of all, Bioware hasn't shown space flight or combat.

So, exactly what is that video supposed to prove?

That the people who made the engine knew what THEY were doing? Okay.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Trying to put a hate thread spin to this eh!?  It shows what the scalability of the engine can do, and I am sure BW's developers will be able to manipulate and use the engine just fine.  Possibly even push it to the limits.  Quit being a negative nancy.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Trying to put a hate thread spin to this eh!?  It shows what the scalability of the engine can do, and I am sure BW's developers will be able to manipulate and use the engine just fine.  Possibly even push it to the limits.  Quit being a negative nancy.

Not being a "negative nancy", as you put it.

Just pointing out that what you claim in the OP is wrong.

For instance, if I buy a license for the Crytek II engine and then show you videos of Crysis, will that mean I'm "not any other company that has released a shit game in the last decade"?

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

He is simply stating its likely they can. That isnt wrong... I mean its possible. If a dev gets a good engine, its more likely it will work out. 

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Good find, OP.

And haters will hate for the sake of. Sad people.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• SabradinSabradin Member Posts: 772

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

• SabradinSabradin Member Posts: 772

gonna have to keep saying this in the new age of troll-hate

it doesn't matter what the trolls motive is for pointing out mistakes and flaws

if what they say is actually true then its true no matter what their motive is

Troll - "haha the storm is coming and will crush you haha!"

Troll-hater - "shutup troll nobody wants to hear what you have to say you're just a hater go away!"

Non-troll-hater - "Shit there is a storm coming quick protect what you can!"

***storm comes***

*Non-troll-hater comes out scratched but with some things saved from being diligent

*Troll-hater loses much for wasting time hating on troll and for not being quick 

*Troll laughs at troll-hater for wasting time hatin on him!

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

• willvaswillvas Member Posts: 137

Not being a "negative nancy", as you put it.      actually you are being one.

Just pointing out that what you claim in the OP is wrong.    actually he is right.. he gave the exact name of what the engine is called.  HERO ENGINE.. he didnt state it as BWs engine... BW is using Hero Engine... so it is BWs Hero Engine. 

For instance, if I buy a license for the Crytek II engine and then show you videos of Crysis, will that mean I'm "not any other company that has released a shit game in the last decade"?   how do you think these engines sell.. they showcase other games that have used them.  It is showing off its possibilities.. which is exactly what the OP is doing...

so stop being a "negative nancy".