Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Every MMO population will fall tomorrow at 12AM EST (or slightly earlier).

Comments

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

Originally posted by uquipu

Originally posted by Swanea

I'm worried less about them making you to buy 3 games to compete in the Multiplayer, which is what the game is all about.

I'm worried about this "Marketplace" for additional maps...

You're worried that blizz might actually recoup some of the millions they've spent on making sc2?

So $180 for a video game is ok with you?

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128

Not liking Starcraft is one thing...

But thinking its not going to be a huge release that takes a chunk out of everything is just silly. Starcraft 2 is huge, huge budget, huge fanbase, huge advertising.

Just because you don't like WoW doesn't make the any less of a glorious success.

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

Originally posted by arcdevil

Originally posted by Lienhart

The fact that there are people who do not know makes me very sad. It means they are either kids who never touched SC1 (which then they shouldn't be on the internet <_<) or they were deprived as children.

SC2 is SC1 with a new paint coat and a Last Stand mode ripoff from DoW2. and anyway SC1 was worse than classics like tiberian sun, Civ series or Total Annihilation

people that goes apeshit insane about this probably are drinking ye gud olde Blizzard hype but dont know jack shit of RTS games...morons...

i lol'd. youre one of those Total Annihilation nostalgics. let's just allow the populations to speak for their respective games.

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218

Originally posted by Garvon3

Originally posted by sonoggi

sc2 is innovative in many ways. that being said, all the excitement is because of:

- mass player-directed marketing through youtube replays

- balanced pvp (pretty much nonexistent in the multiplayer world) = unlimited content

- ridiculous map editor potential

- success of sc1

- fun gameplay; hands down the best strategy game since sc1, with wc3 being a close third. and i played them all

everything came together for blizzard. most importantly they listened to the player base 100% during beta which led to a more or less perfectly balanced game for release

Yeah, you're not a Blizzard fanboy or anything. 

Do you honestly believe SC was better than Age of Empires 2? Seriously? 

Yes.

And everyone in Korea agrees.

I'm 1/4th Korean, 1/4th Japanese and 1/2th Taiwanese. My opinion automatically invalidates yours.

Ah that explains your need to stab people because they stole your pixelated sword.

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• arcdevilarcdevil Member Posts: 864

The fact that there are people who do not know makes me very sad. It means they are either kids who never touched SC1 (which then they shouldn't be on the internet <_<) or they were deprived as children.

SC2 is SC1 with a new paint coat and a Last Stand mode ripoff from DoW2. and anyway SC1 was worse than classics like tiberian sun, Civ series or Total Annihilation

people that goes apeshit insane about this probably are drinking ye gud olde Blizzard hype but dont know jack shit of RTS games...morons...

i lol'd. youre one of those Total Annihilation nostalgics. let's just allow the populations to speak for their respective games.

Im one of those C&C nostalgics.

and in all honesty 50% of the population that would speak for SC2 are Blizzard fanbois that never played any RTS besides WC3 and SC1 and know absolutly nothing about the golden age of RTSs, and I wouldnt understand the remaining 50% as they would speak in korean.

You wont impress me with that...dont make me play the MacDonalds card, please...

How about Age of Mythology? Is it ok if I like that game? I mean I know its not Blizzard but I kinda like it.

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

• generals3generals3 Member Posts: 3,307

and in all honesty 50% of the population that would speak for SC2 are Blizzard fanbois that never played any RTS besides WC3 and SC1 and know absolutly nothing about the golden age of RTSs, and I wouldnt understand the remaining 50% as they would speak in korean.

You wont impress me with that...dont make me play the MacDonalds card, please...

Too bad EA Ruin-it-all destroyed C&C :( Used to be a C&C fanboy to. But tbh , to say that one cannot think highly of SC without being a Blizz fanboy is a bit exagerated . It's overhyped and that's for sure but i can understand it is appealing to some people.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
    Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

i was an RTS player before MMO's so ive played them all. im no fanboy. i just know pvp balance when i see it. sc1/2 have it, most others dont. red alert was good, AOE's were good, TA was good, DoWII is average, list goes on an on, but sc1 was revolutionary because no other RTS won over more fans and had the longevity. sc2 is basically a superior version of the first. with nothing else on the horizon from other developers, im gonna have to give this one to sc2 sry.

• KyelthisKyelthis Member UncommonPosts: 287

Originally posted by Garvon3

sc2 is innovative in many ways. that being said, all the excitement is because of:

- mass player-directed marketing through youtube replays

- balanced pvp (pretty much nonexistent in the multiplayer world) = unlimited content

- ridiculous map editor potential

- success of sc1

- fun gameplay; hands down the best strategy game since sc1, with wc3 being a close third. and i played them all

everything came together for blizzard. most importantly they listened to the player base 100% during beta which led to a more or less perfectly balanced game for release

Yeah, you're not a Blizzard fanboy or anything. 

Do you honestly believe SC was better than Age of Empires 2? Seriously? 

Yes.

And everyone in Korea agrees.

I'm 1/4th Korean, 1/4th Japanese and 1/2th Taiwanese. My opinion automatically invalidates yours.

So, you're a Canadian-Korean....must be tough for you.

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

always liked alpha centauri better than starcraft....

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?

Originally posted by zymurgeist

Originally posted by Philby

Originally posted by uquipu

Originally posted by Swanea

I'm worried less about them making you to buy 3 games to compete in the Multiplayer, which is what the game is all about.

I'm worried about this "Marketplace" for additional maps...

You're worried that blizz might actually recoup some of the millions they've spent on making sc2?

So $180 for a video game is ok with you?

Less than that for a full video game and two equal sized expansions.

I havnt seen the price of the xpacs. Just people saying you have to buy the game three times. Didnt take the exaggeration factor into account. :)

• jisaacs1207jisaacs1207 Member Posts: 16

Sigh. I am tired of the hype. This game will fail just like Aion did. Remember the hype from that?

• TwiggLeTwiggLe Member UncommonPosts: 85

I never really liked the first SC... I actually thought there where better RTS's out there.. I was in the beta pretty early on for SC2 and I hardly played it pretty much the same as the first just all prettied up.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

RTS games just haven't appealed to me for the past 20 years.

I tried a whole bunch but they just don't grab me, except Lords of EverQuest & I think that one only did so because of the EQ link in so I don't think SC2 is going to be worth my time or money trying either.

• slashbeastslashbeast Member Posts: 533

I didn't much care for SC1 either. It's argueably one of the most over rated games to date (though not as much as halo.)

I'll be passing on it.

• SauronasSauronas Member Posts: 183

Again blizzard is able to use it's base of ignorant fanboys to sell a product.  SC2 came out 5 years ago, it was called Dawn of War...

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

yes indeed I can't wait! MMO market is so lame these days leave it to Blizzard to beatem all with an RTS!

• SerenesSerenes Member UncommonPosts: 351

Originally posted by Sauronas

Again blizzard is able to use it's base of ignorant fanboys to sell a product.  SC2 came out 5 years ago, it was called Dawn of War...

Maybe I'm confused this is a Diff company and SC2 looks way better and plays way better. Dawn of War was the SC clone. Nice try though.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Originally posted by Chr1sc

Im 35 and never played it iv been playing swat3 wow guildwars swg and sto and afew f2p but never played it

OMG Starcraft was the greatest fps game ever! until now SC2 will rein!

• SauronasSauronas Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by Serenes

Maybe I'm confused this is a Diff company and SC2 looks way better and plays way better. Dawn of War was the SC clone. Nice try though.

ROFL again a fanboy with no grasp on history or the genre...

• SerenesSerenes Member UncommonPosts: 351

Originally posted by Serenes

ROFL again a fanboy with no grasp on history or the genre...

I know SC1 came before any of the Dawn of Wars... Its not hard to use google try it sometime. I would love too listen too your story on how dawn of war somehow leaped from 2004 too 1997 (before SC1). Does it hurt too bad that your game came second and is played by way fewer people? If you are refering too the board game Warhammer 40k yes it came first... but this is a Video game thread not a stupid little board game thread.

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

ROFL.  Fool!  I shall mock you, call you names,  and make fun of your taste in games simply because I don't agree with what you say!  A ha ha ha ha ha!  Take that!  I really showed you didn't I?

Fixed it for you.

So you dont like this game and call people fanboys. Good for you.  Maybe next time you can be something other than a generic troll, and actually try to come up with better insults.

Calling one a "fanboy" for liking a game or company is really getting stale guys.  Lets try and do something new.. ya know.. really get the blood boiling.

• joseph567joseph567 Member CommonPosts: 51

Meh.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Nope, won't effect me. Don't  play RTS, I tried WC and never finished that one, that was enough for me to never touch that genre again. And they basically all are the same from command and conqueer to SC. For some reason I just don't enjoy them.

• BaffaBaffa Member Posts: 37

Is it just me or I'm the only one so incredible tired of all these RTS games?

Startcraft 2 looks like any other generic RTS game, might have better looking intro but.. meh..

RTS games have basicly been the same since Dune 2.