Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Forums Moving to BioWare Social Network

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Warhammer Herald has a new announcement indicating that the WAR forums will be joining the BioWare Social Network. According to the post, players will "have the benefits of being part of a larger community, one with a passion for games as big as our own." To facilitate questions from the community, the WAR team has put together a short Q&A and will provide more information this week as the date of the transfer arrives.

Q: Will my existing forum profile and posts be transferred to the BioWare Social Network?

A: No, this is clean slate. We will provide an archive of the old forums in the near future.

Q: If I have a preexisting BioWare Social Network Account, do I need to create a new account?

A: No! Your current BioWare Social Network account can be associated with your WAR account!

Q: Who will be able to post in the WAR: BioWare Social Network forums?

A: Active subscribers and Endless Trial accounts will be able to post in all of the same forums they are currently able to post in.

Head to the Warhammer Herald to read the rest of the Q&A.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

real id now BioWare Social Network WTF is this seams facebook al over teh place

profile here profil there more databases and crap for this ppl

BestSigEver :P

• SilverelSilverel Member UncommonPosts: 24

Originally posted by cosy

Were you trying to chew off your own ear while typing that lovely response?

It's just another step in the Bioware takeover at EA. They know what they're doing, and if it pulls WAR into a better place, I can't see any issues with it. There's no RealID or Facebook here, it's just merging standalone forums with Biowares normal forums. "Social Network" is just a nice way of saying "the site where we lump all our game forums together".

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

is not what the privacy policy say

BestSigEver :P

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

yeah, I'm not overly fond of the "social network" myself. I had to use it for Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age but I never would have posted in their forums with this.  I hope they don't ram it down our throats for TOR.

• XianthosXianthos Member Posts: 723

is not what the privacy policy say

Did you know that 99% of lemmings dont read policy? :-)

They praise and follow without thinking.

EvE doors

See the best doors on EvE-on!

• alithanar8alithanar8 Member Posts: 17

Well this might be interesting, I just hope BW decides that, given their loyalty to story in all their other games, they bring back an RP server... the lack of one is the only thing keeping me from dropping WoW like a bag of rat droppings and going back to WAR.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

This is what Bioware & Mythic people stated in a news item on Massively.com:

" Worried that Blizzard's Real ID system may be coming to an MMO near you? BioWare Mythic has a few words of reassurance on that point: "No. Never. Never. No." This was the response by Warhammer Online's Carrie Gouskos to Eurogamer when asked if BioWare Mythic was mulling over a Real ID-type feature for its games: '"I would fight that tooth and nail. I've had some very personal, really bad experiences in online communities with that. Personally, I’m against it," she said.

BioWare Mythic's general manager Eugene Evans supported that sentiment and expanded on it: "We wouldn't do it. I'm surprised they did it, and for a group that is so close to their community, it was amazing that they misread it that poorly. I'm pleased to see them reacting to the community. We should all learn to listen to our communities. Their community made it very clear what the right answer is."  "

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• teddy_bareteddy_bare Member UncommonPosts: 398

Originally posted by alithanar8

Well this might be interesting, I just hope BW decides that, given their loyalty to story in all their other games, they bring back an RP server... the lack of one is the only thing keeping me from dropping WoW like a bag of rat droppings and going back to WAR.

WoW, all the WAR RP servers were closed w/ the server merges? That's freakin lame, from what I remember (I was/am a "Veteran Beta Tester") the RP servers were the highest populated around launch. I played on Phoenix Throne (at least, I believe that's what it was called) and can remember it being fairly well populated....although, all the servers were well populated at launch so I guess that doesn't count for much.

That really is pretty surprising though that they'd make all the remaining servers "core" servers as WAR is an ideal game for RP servers, not to mention that, at last check, the RP servers from DAoC were still the most highly populated. Oh well, I'm sure at least one of these remaining servers is an "unoffical" RP server, but it's still not the same.

Gods...I am still bitter about how WAR turned out, what the hell were they thinking, if they would have just made an updated, improved DAoC-2 in the Warhammer universe that game would have been the f'n shiznit. But noooooooo, they just had to try and emulate WoW *sigh*

Anywho, lets just hope that when SW:TOR is released there is at least one RP server..

• bigb671bigb671 Member UncommonPosts: 22

:D God I love WAR. I hope the bioware forums are nice.

• AshaadAshaad Member UncommonPosts: 100

• AshaadAshaad Member UncommonPosts: 100

This game will ruin bioware game list.

• CendhariaCendharia Member UncommonPosts: 319

Well..that's an interesting turn of events.