Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Every MMO population will fall tomorrow at 12AM EST (or slightly earlier).

LienhartLienhart Member UncommonPosts: 662

Do you guys know why?

I sure as hell do.

I live to go faster...or die trying.

Comments

• n00bitn00bit Member UncommonPosts: 345

Well, the online numbers may fall, but I doubt anyone will be completely quitting their MMO.

• Chr1scChr1sc Member Posts: 53

Why man ? whats up.

• GrimzayGrimzay Member Posts: 214

I don't know why, lol.

"We got rid of the trinity." How'd you do that? "Now everyone can heal." Sounds like you just took the mechanic and spread it thin. "Well no, there's one class that can do it better than others." I see, so they're healers. "No. They're.." -mind asplode-

• toljartoljar Member UncommonPosts: 228

STARCRAFT2 STARCRAFT2 STARCRAFT2 STARCRAFT2!! My guild has about 30 strong rolling into SC2 I'm very pumped!

Gaming community: IRONFIST
    New World: Lilith - US East
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Burning Legion> Alliance(We transferred to Illidan)
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Illidan> Horde
    SWOTR: IRONFIST <Satele Shan> Empire/Republic

• uquipuuquipu Member Posts: 1,516

Starcraft II comes out.
    It will pull a lot of players away.
    Diablo will be worse.

Well shave my back and call me an elf! -- Oghren

• LienhartLienhart Member UncommonPosts: 662

The fact that there are people who do not know makes me very sad. It means they are either kids who never touched SC1 (which then they shouldn't be on the internet <_<) or they were deprived as children.

I live to go faster...or die trying.
  • GrimzayGrimzay Member Posts: 214

Oh, lol.

Now I feel weird for not catching on image

"We got rid of the trinity." How'd you do that? "Now everyone can heal." Sounds like you just took the mechanic and spread it thin. "Well no, there's one class that can do it better than others." I see, so they're healers. "No. They're.." -mind asplode-

• SinnriseSinnrise Member Posts: 97

i doubt anyone will go out and cancel the mmo sub, it might slow down who is online curerently but thats about it.

Sinn

• Chr1scChr1sc Member Posts: 53

Originally posted by Lienhart

The fact that there are people who do not know makes me very sad. It means they are either kids who never touched SC1 (which then they shouldn't be on the internet <_<) or they were deprived as children.

Im 35 and never played it iv been playing swat3 wow guildwars swg and sto and afew f2p but never played it

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

*rolls eyes* If this were Worlds Of Starcraft I could buy this but nah not for a single player game too bad it isn't being released on console though I may actually try it if it was.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• erkinbabaerkinbaba Member UncommonPosts: 79

Originally posted by Sinnrise

i doubt anyone will go out and cancel the mmo sub, it might slow down who is online curerently but thats about it.

Sinn

^ This ^

• uquipuuquipu Member Posts: 1,516

Pretty cool opening video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELhtXtnV3pg

Well shave my back and call me an elf! -- Oghren

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Maybe this will affect the people that sold their soul to Blizz. But me? meh, I may play it eventually

• KuatosuneKuatosune Member UncommonPosts: 219

Starcraft 2 woot woot!  <does happy dance>

• splitcoldsplitcold Member Posts: 73

I'd rather play better games.

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

I played it, but I never understood the appeal.  There were much better RTS games out when Starcraft was released.  I wouldn't say I hated it, but I felt like I wasted my money.  Same thing as Diablo 1 and 2, and Warcraft 3, oh and WoW.

I guess I just don't like Blizzard games. :D (Except Warcraft)

This new Starcraft 1.5 is even less impressive. I've played it.... it's Starcraft 1 with better graphics.  Only they're charging $60 for it.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Nah forget that. Splitting the campaigns into 3 different games all for 60 bucks a pop? For a game thats extremely similar to the one they released a decade ago? Ill pass.

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

Never did like sc1 and after playing the beta I will not waste my money on this one

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

It was alright, the AI was dumb as shit but eh.. Wasn't "all that" though

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

The game isn't worth $180.00 to me. It isn't worth $60.00 either.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Gotta admit - I didn't catch what the OP was alluding to.  Forgot all about SC2.

Probably going to be big.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• ironleviironlevi Member Posts: 122

God I hate RTS games. I also hate the current state of mmos. WTF am I doing here.

• luciusETRURluciusETRUR Member Posts: 442

Not everyone likes StarCraft. While it may be a very solid game, it's not groundbreaking anymore and SC2 doesn't change a whole lot. It simplifies the first one, adds a few new units and has better graphics. I played beta extensively, and still think that Dawn of War and Age of Empires III are leagues better than StarCraft II. StarCraft is a great game.. ten years ago.. unless you live in the Republic of Korea...

StarCraft II is overrated, not because it isn't good, but because StarCraft isn't what people say it is.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

or.. they just don't care and over the years have moved on from that genre completly.

Star Craft was fun 'n all back in the day, really wasn't too many "pvp" games to choose from at that time, but there are litterally 1000's of choices to be competetive in now, with more depth and control too. 

To put it simply what SC offers (as far as gameplay goes) just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

• BademBadem Member Posts: 830

I beta played Starcraft 2 and I ahve to say it is still a Zerg Fest, he who builds the most the fastest wins

not really my kinda game though, no challenge, apart from 'who can get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome the fastest' but I will skip that acheivement thanks........