Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why on earth is this in the MMORPG forums?

This isn't an MMORPG...

Comments

• it is actually, it was announced before E3 and it will be launched very soon. its a free to play game running on the same specs that freerealms runs on. make sure u read before u post

• Proudsoul1Proudsoul1 Member UncommonPosts: 72

Sometime's people make mistakes...I am sure when he saw CloneWars it got him so mad he didn't read only showed his anger ...it's the Internet desease ...you know talk now think later.image

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by medmarijuana

(Mod Edit)

Going by that logic no star wars mmo should be allowed to exist after LA messed up with teh last one.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• medmarijuanamedmarijuana Member Posts: 282

Originally posted by warmaster670

(Mod Edit)

Going by that logic no star wars mmo should be allowed to exist after LA messed up with teh last one.

How many successfull star wars games have been put out. A ton, LA was involved in everyone of them because Star Wars belongs to LA there is no way around it. Why is SOE making another star wars MMO at the same time that TOR is coming out? 

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by depain

This isn't an MMORPG...

because it's Star-Warsy.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

While the site may still be called MMORPG.com; it has been evident for a long time that they are covering more aspects of computer and console gaming... if you did not notice that, it is nobody's fault but your own.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

If they have Sw clone wars listed as  MMO they may as well put down Mech assault 2 as a MMO while they are at it. Honestly the only MMO SOE should have on MMORPG.com is Planetside NEXT

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

Its here so SOE trolls have something to focus their rage upon. But you knew that didnt you OP? ;)

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

Ok, here's the deal. Currently, nobody in the public has played SWCWA, and we have very little information to go on. That being said, the information we do have very clearly shows that this game is not an MMO even in the way FreeRealms is, as CWA is said to only have a central hub for socializing (the Jedi Temple), and that's about all we have to go on, no 'world' to explore even comparable to it's big brother. Now, we can argue semantics 'till we're blue in the face about what makes an MMO, but to me, an online browser based game where carbon copy station cash bought 'avatars' barely have the ability to meet people while doing the same 6 minigames does not an MMO make.

If SWCWA has a section in these forums... so should Rockstars "Red Dead Revolver" (as it has a FAR more robust multiplayer aspect).

What other games that are clearly NOT MMO's are more MMO that SW CWA? I'm sure there's plenty.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

http://www.clonewarsadventures.com/about.html

It is funny, to say it is not a MMO - when - it has features that people are clamoring about in their favorite MMOs, eh?

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• TheNitewolfTheNitewolf Member Posts: 102

Originally posted by warmaster670

(mod edit)

How many successfull star wars games have been put out. A ton, LA was involved in everyone of them because Star Wars belongs to LA there is no way around it. Why is SOE making another star wars MMO at the same time that TOR is coming out? 

Depends how you define successful I suppose. Of the 30+ SW games out there only about a handful games were actually decent or better quality-wise. So if you define successful only by "made any sales" then yes, a ton. However, if you require any gameplay value then no, not even a quarter of the SW games were successful. 

My Signature

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by VirusDancer

It is funny, to say it is not a MMO - when - it has features that people are clamoring about in their favorite MMOs, eh?

I don't think anyone has been clamoring for an "mmo" solely comprised of mini-games.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

It is funny, to say it is an MMO - when the page you link us to also does not make that claim.

What is Clone Wars Adventures™?

Clone Wars Adventures is a brand-new action-packed online game where you can experience the thrills and excitement of Star Wars:

Fable 3 is more MMO than SW CWA!

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Since the most people you can actually play the game with is 2, I don't think it passes the massively multiplayer test of an mmorpg.  For that matter there is no RPG quality to the game either.

It is simply a chat lobby with minigames tacked onto it.  It is neither massively multiplayer nor a role playing game.

We might as well start calling farmville and diablo mmos if this game is going to be listed as an mmo.

• KruxKrux Member Posts: 274

While the site may still be called MMORPG.com; it has been evident for a long time that they are covering more aspects of computer and console gaming... if you did not notice that, it is nobody's fault but your own.

Right.  This site lost their identity a long time ago.