Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: v1.3.6 Arrives on Public Test Server

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Warhammer Online players who want a preview of things to come will want to log into the public test server (PTS). There are several significant changes coming in the next patch including:

• Fashion visibility: Players will be able to toggle which clothing items show and which should be considered 'equipped' for stats. No need to sacrifice looking good for maximum protection.

• Sovereign Armor sets have been redesigned and Split armor sets have been introduced. Each career will have multiple armor options available.

• Scaling bonus, Against All Odds, introduced. This is implemented when one's realm is outnumbered.

Of course a PTS phase wouldn’t be complete without our signature developer lead focused tests and Q&A sessions! Join the WAR Development team, Friday, July  30th at 4:00 PM EDT/22:00 CET, for a Q&A session to be followed up by our normal PTS Stability test (with a special twist!) at 8:00 PM EDT/02:00 CET.

We’ll be doing it one more time on Friday, August 6th at 8:00 PM EDT/02:00 CET as we take to the RvR Lakes to test out the all new “Against All Odds” system with a Developer Q&A following the test.

Read the full patch note on the official site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Why do they keep updating this dying game is beyond me.  

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by Aguitha

People actually complain about updates now? really?

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member Posts: 1,880

rofl

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Originally posted by warmaster670

You missed the word "dying" in my post.  Yeah i'm wondering why they keep putting money in this game.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

You missed the word "dying" in my post.  Yeah i'm wondering why they keep putting money in this game.

Oh i dont know, because people still play it? its not rocket science.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• Maleus666Maleus666 Member UncommonPosts: 75

This new patch brings many good stuff for  Warhammer Online. Although some classes still needing a better anaylisis for  correction of bugs ( a Choppa can parry  lots of attacks without any good equipement and being  below rank 10), a good number of the classes  has been corrected or your skill mecanic reedited. And it is an awesome good new. 

We will able to edit the appearance of sets of the char, a thing that we are waiting for long time. White Lions and  Knights of the Blazing Sun for example has their  higher sets with the same appearance (the sets conqueror, invader, warlord and sentinel and darkpromise forr knights of blazing sunhas the same appearance, only changing the color of them).

In this patch, the menace of an attack from skaven civilization and a possible third faction in th future is clearly, with the addditio of ome odd monster in rvr lakes of ties 2 and tier 3.  In other way, now that land of the deads will be able only for ranks 32+ , ppl from lower tiers cant fly or be teleported for land of the deads to powerlvel. It brings back the actoin for lower tiers that was dead after the land of the dead launch. 

The addons Calling and focus fire wont work anymore in this new patch! Awesome!

Although we havve many god news in this patch, i have to say that nothign all is good. The sequen of BRight Wizard Nerffing Project continue. And now the tactic called Close Quarters was nerfed and dont increase the damage dealt within 20 feets, but only will make the abilities cost 20% less abiliy points. in other way, the stealth ability from Witch hunters and Witch elfs was buffed and they onlywhn they are near the target that you will able to see them. BW isnt a good class to chose in this game anymore.

Warhammer in coming for what we wanted to see in the launch of this game, but I wonder if its time to give a chance for this game, or its very late for anything in it? Warhammer isnt dead like many ppl say, Im sure. Give it a new try only matter for each one. So enjoy all those will do take a look.

(sorry for typo, im working and dont hve much time for reedit the text)

Go to hell!

• Maleus666Maleus666 Member UncommonPosts: 75

Oh i dont know, because people still play it? its not rocket science.

This game  isnt dead dude, many  players still playing it. So no more trolling ok?

Go to hell!

• hebzsterhebzster Member Posts: 16

Well I'd like to add that I just recently tried the New Player experience and can't think for the life of me why I didn't pick this game up beforehand. Population seems decent - hardly 'dying' as some of the burnt out, angst ridden gamers on these forums would suggest. Can't wait to see these changes fully implemented and look forward to getting my Runepriest to cap. :) Solid improvement! Keep it coming.

• kortirionkortirion Member Posts: 1

• KokomoblKokomobl Member UncommonPosts: 153

Although I like Warhammer... and I've tried to go back numerous times the State of which the gameworld is empty.....

None of the Public Quests you can do, group quests are quite hard to find a group with, after Rank 10 the PvP starts slowing though.

Rank 10 and below is brilliant with the unlimited free trial makes everythign active for the Chaos vs Elfs? area, but everything else is dead and another reason I wont return.

Plus the Auction house is Terribleeeee, all in all Warhammer was a good game but without a population... it's boring.

• daemonnnndaemonnnn Member Posts: 30

kinda makes you happy bioware took over right? i think if someone can save a game, it's them

• LonewolfLonewolf Member UncommonPosts: 252

Think me and Kokomobl must be playing a different game

• hogscraperhogscraper Member Posts: 322

I love when some uneducated troll comes into the replies to patch notes for Warhammer and talks about how the game is dead. MMO's are dead when the company involved sees an end to their profit stream. If money is still coming into the company in greater amounts than its going out a game will never die. Get over yourselves and let other people decide for themselves what they like.

Aguitha, if people continuing to play a game like Warhammer boggles your mind  perhaps you should stay away from any videos of EQ gameplay. That game still has subs and still puts out updates and patches. Your brain may just implode if you dare to watch one. 

• MaendauronMaendauron Member Posts: 118

Lots of people still playing this game, it doesn't look like it's dying to me.  Usually it's WoW players who come in and make comments like that.

It's an excellent game and the only one I play right now, there always seems to be someone on my server to play with.  I just hope they expand the content more as time goes on.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member Posts: 1,880

Its not dead they actually pulled it out of the fire and things have settled down. Its no where near the sub numbers it should have had if they weren't forced to release a year before they wanted too but what can you do EA is greedy and got their box sale money.

• magisbladiusmagisbladius Member Posts: 7

If the game is not dying, why do the servers have smaller populations than what they used to when there were more servers online? Why are there threads asking for transfers to or from Iron Rock -- once upon a time, the biggest Non-ORvR server? Why did Dark Crag -- the server with the highest population -- shutdown?

• lindhskylindhsky Member UncommonPosts: 162

The game is losing people that's for sure and have been doing that for a long time. People that have spent 12 hours a day in WOW didn't want to start all over so they went back to WOW because they had spent so much time over there. Others quit because of the balance-issues and I am one of those. I couldn't stand the bombing and this even though I was a sorcerer in a good group. Some classes were over the top and it made the game boring for me. Destruction had the numbers, order the best classes and even though I understand why they tried to balance it that way, then I didn't like it because I didn't want to zerg.

I have tried to come back a few times and they have done a lot of good things to the game that made the game better. But after a few hours in the warzones I logged off again. Armies decided to not fight. If one big army was in one zone, the enemy army moved to another. It was all about zerging around locking empty zones. And then some bigtime order guild came in with a warband containing 6-7 guarded brightwizards killing everything in sight with the click of two buttons while the warriorpriest kept them alive with the spamming of one groupheal button. 

It could have been such a great game. My favourite roleplaying world done by the team that did my favourite mmorpg back in the days, DAOC. It is still a good game I must say, but far from what I expected. I had a great year in it and I don't expect that much from MMORPGs done nowadays anyway to be honest.  Not sure if it is because I am getting older or if I have already seen it all when it comes to MMORPGs.

• Smallpox1Smallpox1 Member Posts: 28

Its a pretty good pvp game; both the sides are very well balanced against each other and have been for months, most of the servers have a balanced population.

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647

lol bioware has nothing to do with Warhammer, they actually took mythics dev to help work on their new bread and butter SWTOR.  There is also rumor that Warhammer will get shut down 1/2011 to make way for SWTOR.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Originally posted by lindhsky

It could have been such a great game. My favourite roleplaying world done by the team that did my favourite mmorpg back in the days, DAOC. It is still a good game I must say, but far from what I expected. I had a great year in it and I don't expect that much from MMORPGs done nowadays anyway to be honest.  Not sure if it is because I am getting older or if I have already seen it all when it comes to MMORPGs.

Isn't it sad i loved daoc man loved it. Id play it tommarrow if a new server and 4k people showed up.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

lol bioware has nothing to do with Warhammer, they actually took mythics dev to help work on their new bread and butter SWTOR.  There is also rumor that Warhammer will get shut down 1/2011 to make way for SWTOR.

LoL did you just start that rumour ???

I played the 2 week welcome back .Given its down to two english speaking european severs they seam pretty busy ( also given it was two weeks free as well ) . It was the first and only time I've seen this games potential . I had a great time in it but i would'nt subscriber as its something i would only ever enjoy for short bursts .

The patch does look to me like they are maintaining the game rather than developing it . I would'nt be suprised if it closes but not to make way for the new Star Wars mmo as you suggest .Though if it changes its buisnes model it could be around for several years and could yet be a success .

• NergleNergle Member UncommonPosts: 253

YOu know, I been on test server and looked at the Sov/Tyran/Warlord sets it is waffling rediculous how a AM can burn down a full 11.5k health Black Orc with a shield.

Yeah, Black Guards will be beast (my main) and Magi have really nice changes (along with Shadow Warriors) but the game is still a waffling mess with over powered gear making up for under powered classes (mark my words about AM).

• KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

Damn seems like i will have to come back to WAR soon!

• lethyslethys Member UncommonPosts: 585

I was planning on leveling my Chosen to max but the population wasn't big enough for me to do any group quests, there weren't a lot of normal quests, and the bg instance grind got boring.  There was no OW PvP at the level I was at anyway so I just quit.  I'd have liked for the game to do well, maybe I'd be playing now instead of waiting for the next MMO to disappoint me.