Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you enjoy getting massive advantage for IRL cash? This is your game!

Do you enjoy getting massive advantage for IRL cash? This is your game, now proudly presenting car rental for uber cars compared to non cash shop cars.

So if you want to be competive you have to buy them or lose.

Enjoy your cashshop advantage.

Comments

• flaknuggetflaknugget Member UncommonPosts: 1

It's not that far out-of-whack.

True, there are 3-day car rentals available for the equivalent of $1-6 depending on the tier level (there are 3 tiers). But their performance is equal to a car purchased with in-game cash that has the upgrade packages installed.

So renting a car simply lets you get a car a you'll eventually buy anyways, just a few levels earlier.

There are no real-cash exclusive cars. All the cars that can be rented, can eventually be bought permanently with in-game money.

Don't get me wrong, I have complaints about this game too, but the real-cash advantage thing ain't one of them.

The fact that there is no guild system as yet is very disappointing.

• painbreakerpainbreaker Member Posts: 88

For a game which is presented on "MMORPG.com" I miss the RP part...

But we'll see about that after the release.

When the war of the beasts brings about the world’s end,
    the goddess descends from the sky, wings of light and dark spread afar.

• slippyCslippyC Member Posts: 396

Originally posted by flaknugget

It's not that far out-of-whack.

True, there are 3-day car rentals available for the equivalent of $1-6 depending on the tier level (there are 3 tiers). But their performance is equal to a car purchased with in-game cash that has the upgrade packages installed.

So renting a car simply lets you get a car a you'll eventually buy anyways, just a few levels earlier.

There are no real-cash exclusive cars. All the cars that can be rented, can eventually be bought permanently with in-game money.

Don't get me wrong, I have complaints about this game too, but the real-cash advantage thing ain't one of them.

The fact that there is no guild system as yet is very disappointing.

flaknugget speaks the truth...

Played the beta. 

The only advantage you really have is winning more races in the begining because you have a suped up car.  Just means you get ingame cash quicker.

The only real problem I had with this game is lack of more customization for your engine, aerodynamics, and drivetrain.  Don't like how you just buy a predefined upgrade.

Basically everyone is going to drive Silvas until they get a rank 2 car, because overall it has best perforance from the begining.  It sucks that you can't tweak the other cars to balance it out more.

BTW, just bought me a Mazda3 Hatch last week... :p

Was first car I tried in the game...

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

The car selection is poorly thought out. Usually in racing games every car has an advantage depending on drivers style or the track/course. Not in NFSW though. Certain cars are clearly better.

I pre-ordered the game directly from EA. I regret it. I wish I had bought the game on D2D since the Nissan from D2D is far better than the crappy Toyota from EA.

• sloebersloeber Member UncommonPosts: 504

not going to play this one altough i am a NFS fan....i hear nothing but bad reviews from this game going from LOADS of disconnects (in the beta) to cars that are bought with IRL money giving you an extra edge.

They should have made it with a monthly fee instead of free and treat everyone the same.....giving everyone the same chances is VITAL in a racegame me thinks.

You should be able to customize more on the engine too me thinks so not all cars have the same upgrades and you have to tweak it yourself if you want more torque or more grip.....and so on :)

• Originally posted by painbreaker

For a game which is presented on "MMORPG.com" I miss the RP part...

it mainly consists of "report this cheater", "do you also have lag?" and "are you there?"

but really :D to play a casual racing game with others without complicated stuff this game is good. it feels like a streetrace to me because you can bump each other out of the way :P

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Lol I dont think anyone comments in this forum anymore. I started playing for the heck of it and can see real fast that alot of the cars are clearly pay2win. Theres no free variant. It goes from 200~ up to 320 just by paying for the car.

Also, what would incite me to pay for a car in this game anyway? Beyond skirmish races, you dont get any recognition for wins/losses. I dont see any real competitveness other than who bought the best cars with real money. I missed this game by a few years though. Apparently Im just looking at the corpse.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

This game is a decent time waster if you just get a crappy free car and do treasure hunts. I got into the sprints for a while, but when you lose to cash shop uber cars and auto win hacks... well you just mess around and do treasure hunts heh.

• minime2minime2 Member Posts: 113

Gave this game a try but got fed up waiting for race to load ,  only to find diconnected all the time annoying .

• paroxysmparoxysm Member Posts: 437
    Originally posted by Foomerang

This game is a decent time waster if you just get a crappy free car and do treasure hunts. I got into the sprints for a while, but when you lose to cash shop uber cars and auto win hacks... well you just mess around and do treasure hunts heh.

I just gave this game a try.  It's messed up.  The way they rank cars makes no real sense compared to their real life versions.  The car stats don't really represent what the car can do.  The car pricing makes no sense at all.  Prices seem somewhat random in their absurdness.  That's if they have an in game cash version at all.

There is definitely still some cheating going on.  If you take two racers with the same car.  Player B's car has greater stats in every department compared to A.  Even if Player B has a "perfect start", as signaled in game, Player A's car can just pull away in a straight line and disappear.  No, it's not power ups either.  I did some quick searches and found tons of easy to find cheat programs for the game.  I don't cheat, so I didn't test if any worked or if they were just the usual malware.

There are also tons of rammers in the game.  By rammer, I'm talking about people who ram you off the start into the wall and fly off with seemingly no slow down.

So, I decided to not bother with races anymore until I figured out what was going on.  So I started playing team escape and pursuit modes.  Some fun, but the computer AI is nuts.  Jeckyl and Hyde nuts.  The computer police cars are sometimes insanely brutal on level 1 and will pin you in places you can't escape without an escape power up.  They ride your every move.  Next time, I coast by fairly easily into level 5 Federal before things reach that level of agressiveness.  I like some of the tactics they use like pits and boxing in, but it doesn't seem like the AI has any idea what level you are up to.  Take a new player in a tier 1 car and put them in level 1 of a pursuit when the AI acts like that and they'll throw their hands in the air.  Nothing short of hitting power ups on every CD and such will help you.  Which, of course, you can refill with real money.

Uninstalling.

• paroxysmparoxysm Member Posts: 437

One thing that gets me is advertising in this game.  Such a simple idea for revenue.  They even put it where it belongs, on billboards.  They could have even gotten some companies to pay for replicas of their stores in game with variable levels of interaction.  They didn't have to worry about clashing genres, lore, or it looking out of place.  All they had to do was make a game people wanted to play, get it loaded with people, and let the advertisers chase. 

Instead, they made a fairly poor game with severely limited non pay options to get people playing.  This game is about cars, customizing them, and racing them.  And that's one of the points the game falters at, as mentioned above by several others.  There was a link in the launcher to them changing things in how they rank and sell the cars, but who knows how long it's been there or when it will be realized.  If they ever get that ironed out, they should have expanded on the hangout part as well.  Social interaction in a game that seems made for it, is completely absent.  I never saw anyone use the chat interface except a couple of one liners.

This game has been out a while it seems.  Though, I just found it.  Is it too late or are they going to give it another go?  Who knows.  It failed it's first impression with me.  A lot of games have of late.  And, as is expected, it'll take something alluring to get me to try it again.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

You guys are freaking me out with all the talk of Lagg. I'm downloading it now but went to youtube and checked out a review vid and I really liked what I saw.

If what ever they give me out of the gate doesn't lagg to death I will give em some money just to drive around and smash in to things.  It's less about wanting an advantage, I will buy whatever to enhance my gaming experience. Keep the OP stuff in single player races . My question is, besides races do we have other social elements? Or is this a pure you and the car with other people in the scene doing the same thing?

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by free2play

You guys are freaking me out with all the talk of Lagg. I'm downloading it now but went to youtube and checked out a review vid and I really liked what I saw.

If what ever they give me out of the gate doesn't lagg to death I will give em some money just to drive around and smash in to things.  It's less about wanting an advantage, I will buy whatever to enhance my gaming experience. Keep the OP stuff in single player races . My question is, besides races do we have other social elements? Or is this a pure you and the car with other people in the scene doing the same thing?

there is no u, its the car only, u'll see cars only all the time.

the game has races, sprints, circles and team ascape (4 cars against police)

worst community uve ever seen, its 100000% pay to win, they change it lately with 5 class cars so specific races are for specific class cars.

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    lol
  • fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by jokuvaan

Do you enjoy getting massive advantage for IRL cash? 

of course I do.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    I bought a few cars and was just goofing around on world map. Yea, the cars you pay for are in a class way above the free ones. I can tell you when you go in to a single player race, it doesn't make any difference what you are in. Two of my cars are almost to 800 in handling and have speeds over 220 mph it doesn't make any difference. Handles the same as the original one they gave me and I still haven't done better than 7th place. So if you suck at this game (and I do it seems - really bad) paying won't matter. Yes, by sheer force I could out run a player in one of the free cars just because of the 300% speed advantage but that's not really what I was after. The AI is I-Win, graphics are good, lots of cars to choose from. I'm having fun but I don't know how long it will keep my attention. It's a good fall back game if you want to spend $25 to get you started.