Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forgot all about this

GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

As a BH in swg, I killed so many jedi that I can't remember more than a few these days. I laughed when I read this and it reminded me how much fun I had doing what I did. Most of the time I just bum rushed them somewhere out in the wilderness. However, sometimes I was pretty clever and sneaky.image  Good times.

Oh well, all good things come to an end I guess.  Hopefully SWTOR will have something similar and I'll enjoy it just as much.  Thats the reason why my first character will be a BH and not a jedi or sith class.  Not holding my breath, though, just hoping is all. 

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=42195

"But yeah, i remember unlocking and being scared all the time. Was fun though, first couple of bounty hunters my heart almost exploded out of my chest. And I remember being shanked by a bomb droid that was supposed to be a buffing droid. The guy put up his Master doc tag and sat down and asked if I wanted a free buff because he had to clear some invo space. Course I said yes and soon as I sat down he was up and the bomb droid was off. Tk'd me to death in a matter of seconds. I think it was Ginaz to be honest, not 100% sure though."

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Comments

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

heh nice!

I remember a friend unlocked Jedi early on, and one evening we're standing in our cities' cantina. I was a crafter at the time so I quickly made some obscure item and labeled it "Jedi Tracking Device" and placed it at his feet without him noticing right away.

Eventually he did see it. It was fun to watch him panic for those few minutes :)

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I remember my first first day as jedi.  I was standing there at the acheron our guild city showing off my new light saber. Then one of the best bounty hunters on the server showed up, and  in less than 3 seconds I was dead was not sure if he killed me of his droid killed me.

After that I leared to watch for red incomming dots on the radar.  Eventually went down the path that gave me master defender and master lightsaber. Ever face a jedi who was master defender who was wearking a 40k shield generator?  I actually had bh's show up that dropped their mission.

I remember one bh showed up in his newly crafted riz armor payed about 20 million credits to have it made, one of the first sets on the server.  After the fight I asked him I was getting angry tells, Seams his ris armor set that cost him so dearly to have made was trashed for the most part, and back then even with repair kits you never got back to where you were originally.

The bh/jedi game was always fun you never knew when you were going to be jumped. It was a 2 way street,

I also had a bh, in fact I think most jedi's had a bh, and when you were being hunted you logged out for a while and went and hunted jedi yourslef. Lol turnabout was fair play.  That was back in the day when we had sliced weapons, armor and what not before they messed all that up. 

Oh well this has me longing for the day before the cu.

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

Originally posted by erictlewis

I remember one bh showed up in his newly crafted riz armor payed about 20 million credits to have it made, one of the first sets on the server.  After the fight I asked him I was getting angry tells, Seams his ris armor set that cost him so dearly to have made was trashed for the most part, and back then even with repair kits you never got back to where you were originally.

Wasn't armour vulnerable to lightsaber damage? 

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Originally posted by Suvroc

yes all armor was, some had better resists.  Also it mattered on the type of crystal perfered at the time was sunriders destiny crystal with a couple of power crystals and a couple of dragon pearls. I also had the kit in my light saber to keep it from degrading.

Also armor could be enhanced if you had the stuff to put in the slots.

The point was you did not want a prolonged event, you wanted to get in with your bh kill them and get out.  A prolonged even meant that you were going to have a lot of item wear on weapons and armor, and if you died it was eaven worse.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Originally posted by Suvroc

As a TKM BH, I never wore armor.  It was pointless since, by the time I was a BH, the lightsaber resists had been removed.  Your stat pools(secondary ones in particular) worked more efficiently without the encumbrance that wearing armor gave them.  The unarmed toughness provided by the TK profession was all I had for "armor".

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Ahh, Bomb Droids.  Always funny to hear one go off at the far end of town!

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)