Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If SOE brought back pre-CU SWG....

DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Would you still play TOR?

Guess no but interested in your opinion...

Comments

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

due to the title of your post:

-

-

- EF YOU!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• medmarijuanamedmarijuana Member Posts: 282

let them bring it back so the folks that never got a chance to play it can see for themselves.

I garuntee you that most people that have not played that game( Pre cu) will play for one hour and go, meh. What the heck is all the fuss about?!?!?!!?

• IgorchtIgorcht Member UncommonPosts: 82

As someone who absolutely loved pre-CU SWG, I can say I would still play ToR.

"I am the weapon that strikes/In the hearts of men I thrive/Feeding their fear with lies/I will devour/I will divide/I am the god of hellfire/inside every man there lives a liar/before their gods they cower/I will divide/I will devour" - "Divide Devour" by Iced Earth

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

uhm......................nvm.

• Greyhawk4x4Greyhawk4x4 Member UncommonPosts: 480

I wouldn't play anything else and I would probably be divorced shortly thereafter.

Originally posted by adderVXI

-

-

- EF YOU!

What are you so mad about ? You probably wouldn't even play it if they brought it back. I can see you playing for maybe a day or something and then finding yourself very bored.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Originally posted by medmarijuana

-

-

- EF YOU!

What are you so mad about ? You probably wouldn't even play it if they brought it back. I can see you playing for maybe a day or something and then finding yourself very bored.

I'd play it.

If they brought it back and re-opened the true Financial Support for it

As well as the original mantra "To Live in the Star Wars galaxy"

Bring it back, start taking it in a new and non-SW:TOR-goof-fest direction and Bam, you got my sub.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Nasty title.  I would not play SWTOR anyway. . I would sub to pre-CU SWG though.  I do think that alot of people (that haven't played it) would get turned off right away. . . look at all the people that say UO was the best game ever. . Trammel ruined it etc. etc.  They can play the second age right now and they don't.

Nostalgia mixed with a first experience. . mixed with time to spend with the community.  

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• SerpentarSerpentar Member Posts: 246

The topic title is misleading, it is in form of a statement and not a question. So what reason would he have for not being irritated at such a lack of a question mark or an IF at the beginning of the title?

• KillkinKillkin Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by eagle4x4

I wouldn't play anything else and I would probably be divorced shortly thereafter.

^this

whatever....

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

If someone wanted to play preCU SWG, why would they play SW:TOR in the first place? Those two games cant be more different from each other. So if someone wants to play SW:TOR, its very likely they still want to do so if SOE brings back preCU.

Not to mention that preCU SWG will turn for most players into a snorefest very fast. Even for some of the vets who look back with melancholy. Lot of those players dont realise that their own expectations of a MMO have risen through time. preCU SWG simply wouldnt cut it nowadays. You would get sick of the same bugs and inbalance sooner then you might expect.

• ClaxisClaxis Member UncommonPosts: 16

You forgot the word IF at the begining of your post, if you didnt shame on you.

• KaoRyxKaoRyx Member Posts: 68

I played pre-CU and quit pre-CU. Would absolutely, positively, without a doubt play TOR over it, no question.

I wouldn't even go back to pre-cu now before TOR comes out. I enjoyed it for a while when I was there. Although, tbh, it was probably because it was a Star Wars MMO, not because it was everything I ever wanted in an MMO quite like TOR is shaping up to be. There wasn't all that much stuff to do in SWG. Kill Quests, exploring, and "hanging out" got boring after a while and PvP was dull and scarce. just my $.02

Someday we'll all look back on the age of computers - and lol.

• Gardavil2Gardavil2 Member Posts: 394

Originally posted by Deewe
    Would you still play TOR?

Guess no but interested in your opinion...

SOE bringing back Pre-CU SWG...

I call FOUL!

you got me lol

As others have said... no two MMOs could ever be more different as SWG pre-CU and SW:TOR.

I am the Player that wonders... "What the %#*& just happened?!"
    "I Believe... There should be NO financial connection or portals between the Real World and the Virtual in MMOs. "
    __Ever Present Cockroach of the MMO Verses__
    ...scurrying to and fro... .munching on bits of garbage... always under foot...

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

-

-

- EF YOU!

^ This lol..... I was excited for a moment lol!

• Gardavil2Gardavil2 Member Posts: 394

let them bring it back so the folks that never got a chance to play it can see for themselves.

I garuntee you that most people that have not played that game( Pre cu) will play for one hour and go, meh. What the heck is all the fuss about?!?!?!!?

I never played SWG pre-CU and yet I know I would love it... not going to say HOW I know that...

TBH I would only play SWG pre-CU if another company other than SOE legally purchased the rights to it and offered it tho.

I am the Player that wonders... "What the %#*& just happened?!"
    "I Believe... There should be NO financial connection or portals between the Real World and the Virtual in MMOs. "
    __Ever Present Cockroach of the MMO Verses__
    ...scurrying to and fro... .munching on bits of garbage... always under foot...

Originally posted by Gardavil2

I never played SWG pre-CU and yet I know I would love it... not going to say HOW I know that...

TBH I would only play SWG pre-CU if another company other than SOE purchased the rights to it and offered it tho.

Well, there is only one way you could possibly know that, and I think it is a good idea that you did not say.  Unless you do not value your posting privilidges on these forums.

Also, I said most people. Not you, not some of the other niche folks on these forums. Believe me this mmorpg site is a hub for this crowd of people anyhow, so you are certainly gonna get alot of thumbs up for a bring back pre cu post.

• LizardKing89LizardKing89 Member UncommonPosts: 61

I wouldn't go back and I loved pre-cu.  At this point it would be too little way too late on SOE's part.  TOR will blow SWG out of the water and be the final nail in the coffin for what could have been a fabulous MMO. 

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Wrong Forum N00B?

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

I'd play EQ if they brought it back as pre-SoL, so the expansions Ruins of Kunark and Scars of Velious still included.

But SWG pre-CU, no. It had some good things, but for these day and age it's not enough.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

SWG pre-Cu already lacked content.

We had the Geo cave, Corvette and the DWB but after that...nothing.

If they brought in that Hoth thingy and those other dungeons from time to time instead of raping the whole game before it, it might've done better.

SWG pre-Cu (or even CU, I liked that as well) with that new content they brought in....Mustafar, Hoth, ISD, Jedi ruins or whatever it is called.....I would have settled for that....now I have done nothing that was released after the NGE because that broke the games'  neck.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• dirtyklingondirtyklingon Member Posts: 158

i certainly wouldn't play swg pre cu if they brought it back it was bad back then and it would still be bad now.

and yes i would try swtordespite that, obviously.

btw this isn't the swg forum.

KERPLAH!

• sindraodsindraod Member Posts: 28

this question's been asked over 9,000 times now

that would never happen, but even if they did, it would be much too little, much much too late...

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I don't know why people are so obsessed with pre-CU. CU was a great move. COmbat before CU meant endless standing in medic buff lines, which just was absurd.

And as a sidenote: I LOVED SWG back then. Emphasis on, back then. I had a great guild, wonderful people and we made up what we wanted to do. I doubt such things would work in today's community. Even then, after some time you just ran out of content. I loved the sandboxish part, but all SWG players back then bemoaned the lack of quests. Almost everyone. Despite common myth, SWG "back then" wasnt a happy crowd, all content about how it was. Most SWG gamers wanted more quests and that was why Kashyyk (sp?) and Mustafar were quite popular among every single SWG player I knew, and back then I knew a LOT.

It's just a myth that most SWG gamers were happy with just a mere sandbox alone and no quests and quest lines. That was NEVER the case.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

Not gonna happen. SOE subsribes to tough love. When the child throws himself on the floor and screams and cries, simply walk away. Most children come to understand although it seems not all.

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

This discussion has been closed.