Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What IP do you wanna see?

Comments

• NicroxNicrox Member Posts: 140

I would too see Dune in a sandbox style mmo

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Shadowrun

• tikitiki Member Posts: 395

I would love to see a Warhammer MMO that actually stuck to the story and used the real warhammer world map.

East Carolina University, Computer Science BS, 2011
    --------------------
    Current game: DAOC

Games played and quit: L2, PlanetSide, RF Online, GuildWars, SWG, COH/COV, Vanguard, LOTRO, WoW, WW2 Online, FFXI, Auto-Assault, EVE Online, ShadowBane, RYL, Rappelz, Last Chaos, Myst Online, POTBS, EQ2, Warhammer Online, AoC, Aion, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Allods, Darkfall.

Waiting on: Earthrise

Names: Citio, Goldie, Sportacus

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I think I'd play a horror game based on the BooBahs.

Picture these things following you around;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm9HYtKrkdg

(creepiest part is about 35 seconds in)

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Star Wars.

• ErstokErstok Member Posts: 523

Blackisle coming back and making some more of the greatest rpgs of all time, offline single player.

Screw MMO's and the legions of wannabe critic fanboys who spend more time complaining and nit picking games then actually playing and enjoying them.

When did you start playing "old school" MMO's. World Of Warcraft?

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by Erstok

Blackisle coming back and making some more of the greatest rpgs of all time, offline single player.

Screw MMO's and the legions of wannabe critic fanboys who spend more time complaining and nit picking games then actually playing and enjoying them.

Blackisle is known as Obsidian now.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

Originally posted by Erstok

Im feeling pretty much the same way anymore. I can ignroe the "critics" but the sub models and general quality of the games have all but killed the genre for me. But to stay on topic.  A Battlestar Galactica MMO or single player series would be good if done well or some old school turn based fantasy as you describe.

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

I've got a few ideas I'm numbering them but they are not in any particular order.

1)Mechwarrior-Mech combat with a strategic element to the gameplay and a rich history for which to build from also if I'm not mistaken Microsoft owns the rights to Battletech which would certainly be able to put some money into making it right.

2)Dragonlance-My all time favorite fantasy setting even more so than Forgotten Realms dragons galore a unique world (with the three moons influencing magic) and Draconians exploding,turning to stone and dying only to come back to life as a clone of the person who killed them.

3)Ravenloft-Number two on my D&D list and a great setting for Vampires Werewolves ect would be awesome and then I could avoid giving funcom any money to try that SW garbage (most likely won't buy it but never know if/when I'll get the urge to play an mmo with a horror element to it.

4)Elder Scrolls-The things they were able to do with all the other Elder Scroll offline games gives me hope for what could be accomplished with a game based on this ip that was an mmo.

5)Transformers-I'm kind of roasting myself for this one too right now but it would be pretty awesome to be able to make an autobot or decepticon so long as they didn't pull a Cryptic with it and make it as plain as wonder bread.

I'm sure there are some others I can think of if I racked my brain but considering that Transformers was the last choice they would probably only get worse so I'll quit while I'm ahead haha.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310

A Diablo MMO would certainly float my boat.  If they could retain the darkish nature of the game, it would be stellar. 

A MMO based on the Alien vs Predator series.  I know the movies sucked, but the lore is there.  Add in some humans and you got your 3 factions.

Out of sheer curiousity, a Twilight MMO would certainly be hilarious.  Could you imagine the drama that would happen in that game?

• Mechwarrior will be a great idea.  The 5 houses form a natural pvp setting, the inner sphere, the clans, so many options.  With mercenaries, I see no reason why "quests" are not part of the lore.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Originally posted by dannydeuce

Out of sheer curiousity, a Twilight MMO would certainly be hilarious.  Could you imagine the drama that would happen in that game?

With FFA PvP?  I've never been a griefer, but for that - I would make an exception.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Originally posted by Li-Su

Mechwarrior will be a great idea.  The 5 houses form a natural pvp setting, the inner sphere, the clans, so many options.  With mercenaries, I see no reason why "quests" are not part of the lore.

http://www.classicbattletech.com/index.php?action=text&page=Game_Universe

I have to say of all the PnP stuff that I have lost, I would be hardpressed not to say that all my original BT stuff hurt the most.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

1. Eclipse Phase. I like my science-fiction realistic, transhumanistic, and singularitarian. This is the best sci-fi RPG I've ever laid my eyes on, and ridiculously well-suited to an MMO format—not something that can be said of many tabletop RPGs.

2. The Chronicle of Strife by Sam 'Meridian' Johnson. Yeah, the Shadowbane lore. I don't give a damn whether it resembles Shadowbane in any way. It could be a PvE themepark for all I care. I just want that lore done justice. Best—fantasy—ever.

3. Dragon Age. It's just such a great fantasy setting, god damn it, second only to Shadowbane's, and ripe for the gameplay model being used for TOR.

4. Elder Scrolls. Not because I think the setting is anything special, but because I'd like Bethesda's gameplay model adapted to online worlds. I imagine that they would do for the sandbox what I hope BioWare is doing for the themepark.

5. Tolkien's legendarium, again. Turbine's work is clearly loving, but to the extent that the books leave themselves open to interpretation, I thought Turbine's take on it all was light, fluffy, and cheesy at every available opportunity. I'd like to see what BioWare, Bethesda, or the ghost of Sigil would do with the license, in an RPG or an MMO. Especially in the Fourth Age with Men as the only playable race. I can dream.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted_Waters

This, there is already an online version, but that's for japanese only. I just love sandbox

• bronzeroninbronzeronin Member Posts: 89

I give 2 thumbs up for Dune

I would also like to throw another book series in the ring, the Dragaeran  books by Steven Brust.  Each of the houses is a sub faction for the dragarean side and then the Easterners are the other side.  Lots of room for stuff because the lore while deep has only really scratched the surface.  And if done right of course could be a hybrid of themepark and sandbox  IMO.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

I would love a Shadowrun MMO!!!

But making one would prolly be too tough (at least a good one) or u would need a lot of active gamemasters who would act as Fixers for you and your Runner team.

• RianRian Member Posts: 17

To the people that mentioned, Wheel of Time, The MMO is being done (or maybe was) by Red Eagle Games, as well as a motion picture based on "The Eye of the World" (with Universal).

To the people that mentioned Underworld, Vampires, Lycans, or World of Darkness, CCP has been making the World of Darkness MMO for a while now.

To the person that mentioned Battlestar Galactica. It is already being made.

To the people that mentioned Survival Horror or a Resident Evil MMO they're alrea...just kidding. Great Idea though. 

Now what I would like to see done:

Riddick MMO: Nothing is currently being done with it. I think if it was based after Chronicles of Riddick,  the possibilities could be enormous.

Earthsea MMO: It could be a mix fantasy/pirate MMO. Preferably set before any of the books.

Inception MMO: Would give instances a whole new meaning.

I think Just Cause could make an excellent mmo as well given a large enough game world.

• dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310

Originally posted by Rian

Now what I would like to see done:

Riddick MMO: Nothing is currently being done with it. I think if it was based after Chronicles of Riddick,  the possibilities could be enormous.

I think this would be a fantastic basis for an MMO start.  It has some lore developed and a ton more that could be added on.  Furyons and Necromongers are already races...add in a few more like the elementals or something and you have something to start from.  I would definitely check this one out.  Again, and I am repeating myself, the movie was sub-par at best but the transition to gaming is viable.

• BaffaBaffa Member Posts: 37

Any steampunk and no anime inspired asian f2p crap.

• medmarijuanamedmarijuana Member Posts: 282

Terminator(after the nuclear war), stargate (orignal movie), Something egyptian. Ancient civilization type stuff.

As far as major names, I would have to get back to you, but Terminator after the machines have taken over type of game would be pretty neat.

btw OP, i was going through your post and noticed the words SWG come out at me. I said out loud "Omg not another one of these swg posts" lol

Then I read what you said, and I guess you already knew it would have been coming. Good stuff.

• dragonbranddragonbrand Member UncommonPosts: 441

Dune

Blade Runner

Underworld

Chronicles of Riddick

Ringworld

Gaming since Avalon Hill was making board games.

Played SWG, EVE, Fallen Earth, LOTRO, Rift, Vanguard, WoW, SWTOR, TSW, Tera
    Tried Aoc, Aion, EQII, RoM, Vindictus, Darkfail, DDO, GW, PotBS

Originally posted by Mazin

An 1870s-90s America MMO, not just the mid/southwest but the whole mainland country.

Sandbox with tons of tools(toys).  Think RDR with a SWG precu scope (I'm not saying what you didn't want me to say, just making a visual).  Anyways this isn't the place for my brainstorming ideas for something like that.

But definetly ME universe, I think before the Shepard sage more like the First Contact War upto but before the Reapers.  Humans colonizing and shit like that.

they should call it fallen earth 2, dawn of america.