Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

if you can revive any game .. what would it be and why?

Comments

• HardlinemonkHardlinemonk Member Posts: 67

SWG Pre-cu hands down. 1st MMO I played and unfortunately, the best. Also GW 1 was fun with a big population now it is dwindling. Sooo excited for GW 2.

• VerenathVerenath Member UncommonPosts: 61

Noticed this thread, had to reply:

Ultima Online 2, I still have one of the older PC gaming magazines in my closet with the screenshots of UO:2 before they scrapped it, would of been fantastic I think.  Otherwise original SWG, that was my 2nd favorite mmorpg, it was so awesome to travel to Jabba's palace for the first time and all the other sights to see, geez I miss that game but I'll never go back, not after seeing that horror storm trooper episode deal or whatever.

Someone else mentioned Ultima Online, which is why I said UO:2, granted UO is still active and seems to have a decent playerbase, I tried it again recently and even with the enhanced client it just wasn't the same for me *sigh* kind of agree with the other poster who said to leave them be and just recall the fond memories, ohhh the memories.

Didn't really add a "Why" because both titles are self-explanatory, at least I think so for anyone who is familar with them.

-Verenath-

• CamisadoCamisado Member Posts: 98

This MP:BT 3025

and more

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

I would revive SWG pre-cu, just so I could toss out that piece of garbage a second time and let the "vets" start whining and crying all over again.

• sultharsulthar Member Posts: 298

Shadowbane! All the Lok-ri on my server were fantastic roleplayers and the game was unique as we were one of the only server to have 3 guilds sharing the map, on the other server it was only 1 major kick ass guild owning everything. It was so fun .

• VazertVazert Member Posts: 60

For me it would be

1-precu swg i had a blast

2-Tabula Rasa was a cool concept.

3- Dungon of Doom  it was great concept

• rrhillsrrhills Member UncommonPosts: 14

For me that is an easy one Earth and Beyond i loved that game. I remember the update that added the tada-o gate me and my guild went to check it out. warped right into the middle of it just in time for the tengu to spawn and party wipe... man i miss that game damn EA.

• dar_es_balatdar_es_balat Member Posts: 438

Originally posted by Nailzzz

I would also defintly have to go with AC2. I know the AC1 crowd dont like it because it wasnt AC1 with better graphics. I never played AC1, but from what i hear it seems to be an issue of totally different type of gameplay compared to AC2. The only thing it seems to have in common as the lore and world/charachters. Seems to be about as different from AC1 as GW2 will be from GW1.

I loved AC2. It had flaws definitely, but most of those where due to the microsoft/turbine devs having a tug of war with the game and the terrible customer service. Just seemed that by the time the smoke cleared and turbine won ownership of the game, they didnt really care about it. But it was really ahead of its time. I think it would do far better if released now than it did at the time. Most of our computers then just didnt have the hardware to do it justice at the time. But ive ...umm "seen" it on a more modern rig and it actually holds up really well graphically.

Seconded.  AC2 was a really wonderful game, and to be honest I was a little heartbroken when they pulled the plug on it.  I played AC1 as well as AC2, and loved both games.   AC2 was well on its way to being a classic in terms of game structure and development, unfortunately the community had already given up on it.

Crappy, petty people breed and raise crappy, petty kids.

• Tiqabar45Tiqabar45 Member UncommonPosts: 17

Meridian 59 anybody?  Revamp the engine with a modern graphics engine and fix some lingering bugs.. still has the best PvP in existance outside of Eve.. and no one can dispute that... I really wish AC2 would've succeeded... that game was one of the first with graphics that really made me say WOW... this is gorgeous.  Both of those games would bring me full circle to nerdom

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Tabula Rasa. A game that never got the attention and support it truly deserved.

• PerjurePerjure Member UncommonPosts: 250

Shadowbane. 

• KillHurtKillHurt Member Posts: 347

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Why? Simple. Because it is arguably the best and most fun game ever made. I want to review it just to get the chance to play it again.

Graphics: 9

Soundtrack: 10++

Mechanics: 10

Replayability: 10

Story: 9.5

Awesomness: Infinite

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

Earth and Beyond or AC2

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

My boyfriend told me about an MMO that was released in 2006 called Seed. Roleplaying was enforced, and it had a large dynamic storyline where you were a clone of someone from earth, and in the first part of the story you had to group together with other players to fix the space ship you were on. There were various jobs you could have like being a repairman, or being a gardener, etc. There was a lot of GM activity, and the story and quests changed based on what the players did. It sounded like a really good game to me, but it's dead now. 

Here's a couple screen shots (they are kind of hard to find). 

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Precu SWG.  I'd love to go back and give it another go.  Especially with my new computer :)

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262

Originally posted by KillHurt

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Why? Simple. Because it is arguably the best and most fun game ever made. I want to review it just to get the chance to play it again.

Graphics: 9

Soundtrack: 10++

Mechanics: 10

Replayability: 10

Story: 9.5

Awesomness: Infinite

I still play it on occasion.  +1 for pure a post made of pure win.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Originally posted by Philby

Tabula Rasa. Its a game I always planned on playing but waited to long. I know it closed for a reason but would still liked to have experienced the game.

Heh, I feel the same way about TR, and also about Auto Assault.

I would almost vote Planetside, except that I'm more interested in a new MMOFPS (or Planetside 2).  They really needed to add new base types to have more variety to the indoor fighting though.  Although I suppose it's a tribute to how much I loved the game that I spent 3.5 years fighting in those same bases (well, a lot of combat happened outside too :P )

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

I already remade a game for fun :)

The original Risk Your Life...:) The game became one of my favorite games out there. I spent years modding the game from the private server files. I loved the WASD+Space Bar controls.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

I have to agree with Gardavil2, so none should be revived.

As he said the community we once had is no more, we who began at the start of mmorpg's are just a minority towards the majority of people currently into gaming. We need to resort to the indie MMO's, but even those games are not save from the majority of players these day's who for some reason feel every single MMO made should be perfect towards every single player out there.

And all the good memories where brought to me due to how the community was back then, manyy of us are still here, but times have changed drasticly, some for the good, some for the bad, leaning towards the "want it all and want it now" type of players.

Those games of the past regardless how good many of us felt they where simply don't work with current gamers community, the majority of people lack patience, if they see a bug they want it to be fixed asap, obviously everyone wants bugs fixed, but at the speed many seem to want it just shows how impatient the current crop of players have gotten.

• catmaykatecatmaykate Member Posts: 45

Fungwan online with 2010 GFX, game had some of the best PVP I've ever been in 2 day wars, town take overs and clan takeovers but due to GM corruption it was shut down

• WoW level 60 cap

A Tale In The Desert

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

original idea of horizons (istaria): working together to unlock new parts of world, new races etc.

• goingwyldegoingwylde Member Posts: 141

I think AC2 actuallyhas a shot at making a comeback.  Why not F2P it like LOTRO and DDO.  Turbine is obviously loving the item mall model, surely it wouldnt cost that much to do one server of it.

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342

Another vote for SWG Pre-NGE.  This time no Jedi at ALL and just work on the fixed and expanding the game.  Best community I have ever been a part of.  I miss my Ranger, camps, my house and 25 man groups.

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

I think I'd probably go for Matrix Online, but only if they enhanced the graphics and added some new gameplay elements. I always kinda liked Matrix Online, but the graphics were kinda ugly and repetitive, and the game could have done with something more than "Run to mission, do mission, return from mission. Run to mission, do mission, return from mission.". The combat was quite cool though, the whole interlock thing, and I never got tired of leaping across buildings.