Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Planes of Telara: Death Rifts: A Rot Upon the Land

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Death rifts are the subject of a new lore article from the Rift: Planes of Telara development team. Death rifts are gateways to the planes of doom where the spectres, mummies and lichs wander hopelessly. Find out more about these blighted planes and the dangers that await the unwary.

The Plane of Death is an endless, flat expanse of dust and bleached bone. Shadowy tendrils slither across the horizon, while vast obsidian spikes tear from the ground to claw at skies of purple and gray. The few clouds are ragged and pale, and the occasional flash of lightning sets everything into stark relief.

Things rot under pools of black oil, ready to yank prey down to a gruesome end, and mummies wait in elaborate tombs that were not built by hand, but grew from the land like cysts.

Read the entire Death Rift lore article, check out some never-before-seen screens and a new fly through video.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079

Thanks, this game looks more and more promising the more that it's talked about.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Beyond excited about this game. Top of my list for sure.
  • aryan85aryan85 Member Posts: 2

p2p or f2p???

• dkniftondknifton Member Posts: 24

p2p

• CalmetharCalmethar Member Posts: 3

This game's gonna be top notch hopefully. Bring it on already! ;)

• brado456brado456 Member UncommonPosts: 38

It looks like this game will be awesome but.... c'mon people it's like WOW right?

God of the Games

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

Originally posted by brado456

It looks like this game will be awesome but.... c'mon people it's like WOW right?

wrong.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• 13moons13moons Member Posts: 1

death rifts are gateways for the mmos of days passed"

Rift death-touches "your mmo" for 13000 damage

.. your mmo has been slain by Rift.

• 3rickZann3rickZann Member Posts: 17

Wow.  I'm very impressed by what they are doing, and how they are using the Rifts as part of the dynamic content system.   Not only does it look great, it looks like a lot of fun to play. :)

• DracondisDracondis Member UncommonPosts: 177

Originally posted by brado456

BURN THE HERITIC!

• slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645

This MMO will be like (The Mist) movie but better, now thats really cool.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

*drool*

Oh..Sorry ;)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• GelthidorGelthidor Member UncommonPosts: 37

Yeah, I can't wait for it...

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588

Everyone might want to slow the praise until more is known. It has a great background story, but will it have anything more to offer than other games out now or being developed. I like the ideas for dynamic content with random rifts opening all over (or GW2's version of having events happening out in the world to find w/o having to run back and forth to a NPC), but will these be really dynamic and random/unique content, or will it just be another way to guide the player to the same old quest/content. If a Rift opens and you have to fight a horde of mobs, or enter it and hunt down small groups of mobs, isn't that the same as following a quest to get to mobs/goal or running around fighting random mobs in the world. Hopefully there is more to it.

• holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532

I enjoyed that article, well written and very interesting. I'm so pelased to see a lot of information around the major sites on this game - had been followign anotehr game and that's gone so dead quiet it's probably losing interest.

So excited for Rift.

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • Sluagh_LordSluagh_Lord Member Posts: 58

I love playing with dead things! Now give me a Diablo-style Necromancer class and I'm good to go.

• robertl0lrobertl0l Member Posts: 1

Looks awesome! :)

• njudsonnjudson Member Posts: 21

Aren't these rifts just spawning Public Quests (WAR style)

• ForceQuitForceQuit Member Posts: 350

Originally posted by njudson

Aren't these rifts just spawning Public Quests (WAR style)

Podcast 4: Larry Boles clarifies aspects of the Rift System

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342

Look really really good.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Thats quite a write up, The beginging part is especially good.  So eerie.  While this post dosnt give me much of an idea what its going to actually be like Im intrigued none the less.  I was wondering when a rift post was going to be made after everyone had mentioned it in alot of the sw:tor threads. 

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

have yet to read them say more than...we throw instances at you, doesnt get me excited at all.  guess depends how engaging the game over all feels, but so far feel like this is glorifying the part of MMOs I dislike, instance grinding for the uber rare drops.

• SabbicatSabbicat Member UncommonPosts: 290

The story line seems vary ambitious. I just hope the game mechanics can live up to it.

• brado456brado456 Member UncommonPosts: 38

RIGHT.

God of the Games