Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need for Speed World: Pre-Order for Early Access

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Black Box, part of EA and developers of Need for Speed World, has announced that pre-orders are now being taken and that players can download the client for the debut on July 27th. Those who pre-order will gain access to the game on July 20th.

Players can pre-order the Need for Speed World Starter Pack* today to gain early access to the game on July 20. Gamers will also unlock exclusive cars, earn double XP, reserve their driver names and have VIP status permanently displayed in their driver profile before the game officially launches.

On July 20, the Need for Speed World Starter Pack will be available for $20. The Starter Pack includes a credit for $20 worth of SpeedBoost (the in-game currency), full access up to level 50 and a bundled assortment of power-ups including Nitrous and Traffic Magnet to help players get started. Players can also purchase additional items like power-ups, double XP periods and even rental cars starting at just a few cents.

In addition to the pre-order news, Black Box also revealed that a free trial client will be available on July 27th for players who want to try the game out. Trial players will have full access to early levels of the game and will be able to play to level 10.

Learn more about Need for Speed World at the official site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Cute little free time-waster up until level 10, but they'd have to strap guns onto the cars for me to consider paying to play a game like this.  

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• DKWFirstbornDKWFirstborn Member Posts: 32

Christ, it's a need for speed game by EA FFS! that means it might as well be the bigest flop on the mmorpg history has seen... like ever, ever, ever!

So preordering is definetly a NO for me.

Kindest regards,

DKW

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539

I preordered it.Its 20 bucks it is a casual game ofc if you try to play it lile you would WoW or any other mmog your gonna be dissapointed.Having said that it is well worth the 20 bucks.I bought WAR and Aoc both on launch day at more than 2x this price and I am sure I will end up more entertained with this than either of those games did combined.

• Sluagh_LordSluagh_Lord Member Posts: 58

Developers need to realize that not every game belongs on the internet. $19.95 for full access is not a bad deal. I don't usually enjoy racing games, but I thought my son might enjoy it, so I preordered, played the beta a couple of times and cancelled for a full refund. The servers were unreliable and often required multiple attempts to login. The game itself was lacking in any clear directions about just what you were supposed to do. Unless I'm mistaken, collision detection only works with the AI vehicles and it wasn't uncommon to have other players materializing out of nowhere. Honestly, the racing minigame in Free Realms is better than this.

Still waiting for a new Carmageddon.

You must have a old/bad computer or really crappy internet service.I didn't have ANY issue at all in beta.

• DarVashielDarVashiel Member UncommonPosts: 80

It's BETA!!! over half the systems going into the full game won't be implemented till after launch.

Jeez.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Can't see this game making it for very long at all.  The single player games are far better.  Just bad design.

• MerolleMerolle Member UncommonPosts: 3

But this game is Free to play or a trial game?

Free to play with lvl cap of 10? EA games begin with wrong ideia of free to play...

• Sluagh_LordSluagh_Lord Member Posts: 58

Ah yes, the usual suspects  crawl out of the woodwork offering up the same old shelfworn chestnuts. "It's your computer or your connection" offers one crowd, while asserting that they had no issues. Rejoice in the belief that you are a Special Snowflake with the most reliable system on the planet. Then there is the other end of the spectrum who chants, "It's beta!", which would suggest that they are somehow at odds with the Snowflakes.

The apologists can make excuses for sub-standard performance all they want. Most of us have seen them come and go and the rabid cheerleaders will all too soon fade away to offer their supportive insight on yet another title. It's your money. Do with it what you will. Every game is golden to some until it releases. Enjoy.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Originally posted by Merolle

Free to play with lvl cap of 10? EA games begin with wrong ideia of free to play...

Yep, leave it to EA to try to change the definition of "Free to Play" - we all know it never meant entirely free, but a level cap, especially one that's so low, is just a free trial.  Except, it is a free download, no box price.  Least its got that going for it.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• MortisRexMortisRex Member UncommonPosts: 350

Originally posted by DarVashiel

It's BETA!!! over half the systems going into the full game won't be implemented till after launch.

Jeez.

Seriously, this is what you want to state publicly? You want to honestly pull the "it's beta" card 7 days before launch and after they're charging full price? Thanks for defining "shill" for the rest of us.

Originally posted by Sluagh_Lord

Ah yes, the usual suspects  crawl out of the woodwork offering up the same old shelfworn chestnuts. "It's your computer or your connection" offers one crowd, while asserting that they had no issues. Rejoice in the belief that you are a Special Snowflake with the most reliable system on the planet. Then there is the other end of the spectrum who chants, "It's beta!", which would suggest that they are somehow at odds with the Snowflakes.

The apologists can make excuses for sub-standard performance all they want. Most of us have seen them come and go and the rabid cheerleaders will all too soon fade away to offer their supportive insight on yet another title. It's your money. Do with it what you will. Every game is golden to some until it releases. Enjoy.

And don't forget the crowd of whiners who complain it is the game when thousands of others are playing it with no issue at all.No way it could be there great and mighty computer it HAS to be the game.

Originally posted by MortisRex

Jeez.

Seriously, this is what you want to state publicly? You want to honestly pull the "it's beta" card 7 days before launch and after they're charging full price? Thanks for defining "shill" for the rest of us.

It's 20 bucks there isn't alot of choices for racing games online.Either you feel it is worth the 20 bucks or you don't not like they are charging the oprice of a AAA title plus a monthly fee.

Age of conan has a lvl cap on its unlimited trial also as does WAR and I could name a few others you can still keep playing you just cannot advance lvl wise.Are some of you so poor and cheap that you think everything put out should be free now? I play WoW maybe 2 hours a month and pay 15 bucks if I play this 1 hour a day or even 3 hours in 1 night compared to what i pay blizzard I feel I get my moneys worth considering its a ONE time charge of 20 bucks not a monthly charge.

• Luthor_XLuthor_X Member Posts: 431

I still don't understand a racing game mmo... with lvls o_0

Originally posted by MortisRex

Jeez.

And thank you for definning "Ass" to me. Grow a pair why doncha and quit your whining.

• MerolleMerolle Member UncommonPosts: 3

Originally posted by rznkain

Age of conan has a lvl cap on its unlimited trial also as does WAR and I could name a few others you can still keep playing you just cannot advance lvl wise.Are some of you so poor and cheap that you think everything put out should be free now? I play WoW maybe 2 hours a month and pay 15 bucks if I play this 1 hour a day or even 3 hours in 1 night compared to what i pay blizzard I feel I get my moneys worth considering its a ONE time charge of 20 bucks not a monthly charge.

I'm not poor nor rich, but I'm not willing to pay for something they do not see spending much time per week playing. Yes I like f2p, I like to buy what I find essential to my style of play.

But guess who will better inform the forehead or who will play who is playing a trial except to buy the game (download) or pay subscription. Thing that EA has never made clear until now.

Hmm it didn't post my comment.

The short of it is.  rznkain you have given the perfect definition of "Ass"

Respect my opinion and I will do the same, until then. Grow a pair and quit your whining.

ok it's late. I meant to comment  MortisRex. Sorry rznkain My comment was not directed at you.  My apologies.