Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POLL: Who Should be President of SOE?

Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Who should be president of SOE?

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
--Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
--Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

Comments

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

Great thread Beatnik! This should be fun to watch. image

• ValeranValeran Member Posts: 925

Interesting topic!

--------
    Ten Golden Rules Of Videogame Fanboyism

"SOE has probably united more gamers in hatred than Blizzard has subs"...daelnor

• OSF8759OSF8759 Member Posts: 284

JesterRodo in 2010!

• ArcAngel3ArcAngel3 Member Posts: 2,931

So far Jester and I are tied lol!  Okay Jestor, I'll rewrite the EULA so that it doesn't blow, and you can be in charge of fun ^_^.  How does that grab you?

Here are my EULA (and other) ideas to make this game user friendly:

If we patch your game, we'll only make it better, with your input.  We'll warn you well in advance of any updates, and if you don't like the changes, you can have your money back for any time paid past the time the changes go live.

We will no longer hide SWG loot in trading card booster packs.  This only encourages you to waste your money on a random chance of getting something you want--none of that for our valued customers.  The best loot will be available via actual gameplay.

In fact, we're closing down RMT in this game.  It alienates our crafters.  They paid for good entertainment value, and that's what they're going to get damnit!  Besides, everyone already paid a subscription fee for content updates, so that's what you're going to get.

Okay, on to other business.  Is Drakuul still on staff?  If yes, then he's fired.  Too many tantrums and disrespect for the players.  Remember, we're here to put the customer first, not cater to the ego needs of our staff.

First order of business for the dev team: a pre-cu server.  Conduct actual research via surveys, polls and focus groups to determine the pre-cu population's favourite game update, and start there.  If you get results that suggest two forms of pre-cu are popular, give them both versions on separate servers.

If you can't figure out how to do it, call Koster, and tell him he was right all along, and we were fools not to believe him.  See if he'll take some contract work to dig us out of this friggin canyon we've created.  Ok people, let's move! 

Lol, okay that was fun :)

On an ever so slightly more serious note, I voted "other," and I'd like to nominate Lum the Mad ^_^.  He knows the business, and he's not an ass.

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

I vote other.

Burt for president.  Earny for vice.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Took George from 1987-1999 to f'k up Star Wars...Smedley has done it in only 5 years. Even Lucas needs to be impressed with that. ;)

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Mark Jacobs, 'nuff said...

RIP Orc Choppa

• wazaapwazaap Member UncommonPosts: 19

Kevin Butler without a doubt! Hes awsomeness would bring everything back on track!

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Originally posted by ArcAngel3

So far Jester and I are tied lol!  Okay Jestor, I'll rewrite the EULA so that it doesn't blow, and you can be in charge of fun ^_^.  How does that grab you?

Here are my EULA (and other) ideas to make this game user friendly:

If we patch your game, we'll only make it better, with your input.  We'll warn you well in advance of any updates, and if you don't like the changes, you can have your money back for any time paid past the time the changes go live.

We will no longer hide SWG loot in trading card booster packs.  This only encourages you to waste your money on a random chance of getting something you want--none of that for our valued customers.  The best loot will be available via actual gameplay.

In fact, we're closing down RMT in this game.  It alienates our crafters.  They paid for good entertainment value, and that's what they're going to get damnit!  Besides, everyone already paid a subscription fee for content updates, so that's what you're going to get.

Okay, on to other business.  Is Drakuul still on staff?  If yes, then he's fired.  Too many tantrums and disrespect for the players.  Remember, we're here to put the customer first, not cater to the ego needs of our staff.

First order of business for the dev team: a pre-cu server.  Conduct actual research via surveys, polls and focus groups to determine the pre-cu population's favourite game update, and start there.  If you get results that suggest two forms of pre-cu are popular, give them both versions on separate servers.

If you can't figure out how to do it, call Koster, and tell him he was right all along, and we were fools not to believe him.  See if he'll take some contract work to dig us out of this friggin canyon we've created.  Ok people, let's move! 

Lol, okay that was fun :)

On an ever so slightly more serious note, I voted "other," and I'd like to nominate Lum the Mad ^_^.  He knows the business, and he's not an ass.

With Drukull out of the Picture ( Dang , that saved me from my first firing) I am available Start in Sept after Dragon CON

Come now SOE ----Know your Destiny , It will take a Clown to bring this game around - Heavens knows that your current band of Clowns are not doing the trick........Wait until they get a Load of ME - Muahahahahahahahahahhahaha!

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• jjjk29jjjk29 Member Posts: 295

IDK why Lucas would be on this poll.

• japojapo Member Posts: 306

Brad McQuaid

Originally posted by jjjk29

IDK why Lucas would be on this poll.

Really , If he care about SWG ,we would all be playing on SOE Pre CU servers by now....Just like your Clown Prince would authorize and make happen.

Unaware of the Jestor?

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Nice to know I'm still on people's minds ;)

Originally posted by Obraik

Nice to know I'm still on people's minds ;)

Huh?   Back , Back goes the Left fielder and he misses it but its still foul.

Unaware of the Jestor?

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

hmmmmmmmm, no ME option:(

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

A vote for the Jestor from me! better to pick a guy who tells jokes than is one image

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

I made the wrong pick.  I wanted to put "Other" and throw a vote in for General Zod.

"Kneel before Zod!"

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• PreponerancePreponerance Member Posts: 295

I voted other....  ZOLTAN!

• nemesis621nemesis621 Member Posts: 43

ROFL LOLerz

I vote Zoltan too!

Originally posted by nemesis621

ROFL LOLerz

I vote Zoltan too!

I can not help but to notice this groundswell support for Zoltan.but I Promise you this , that if you vote for me I will Make Zoltan an important part of my Transition team. Are you hearing me, Sony Board of Directors ?

Unaware of the Jestor?

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I voted for GTwander.

That guy is a genius.

(don't even try to quote me with that 'fixed' junk)

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• KwanseiKwansei Member UncommonPosts: 334

Jabba no badda cash shop!

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

$OE is too much fascistic type of organisation for someone to want to be thier president.

Smed has to kiss higher up $ONY's a...s up to highest $ONY a..., so this position isn't to compeling.

Guys what about you stop spending attention to these fail, fascists and don't find yourself and support some indie developers worth your attention.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

$OE is too much fascistic type of organisation for someone to want to be thier president.

Smed has to kiss higher up $ONY's a...s up to highest $ONY a..., so this position isn't to compeling.

Guys what about you stop spending attention to these fail, fascists and don't find yourself and support some indie developers worth your attention.

I would make it compellling.....Don't you think?

Unaware of the Jestor?

This discussion has been closed.