Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: The Exiled Realm of Arborea: Frogster to Publish TERA in Europe

Comments

• I live in Europe but Frogster is a bad company that don't care about users, crap support service, crap servers. I really hope en Masse let me to continue to play in the NA servers, i don't care if i have 200+ ping.

Cross fingers about no IP blocks.

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369

Heh lots of bans incoming for not doing what they like u to do.

• CultOfXtcCultOfXtc Member Posts: 378

Frogster + guild Wars 2 = does not compute

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

• jrs77jrs77 Member Posts: 419

If you see how Frogster treats their customers....

Nope, not going to touch anything related to Frogster again.

• PhallPhall Member Posts: 54

Let me see, Frogster is successfully running MMOs with different success but still, with some success (each on it'S own scale): Bounty Bay Online (Subscriptions & F2P) and Runes of Magic (F2P)

TCoS on the other hand  just wasn't a good game. This is probably also Frogster's fault if they were able to influence the game's direction but it is definitely the developer's fault as many game design concepts of TCoS were BS from very early on.

Also while dividing the Spellborn player base between Acclaim and Frogster was a very unclever move this was probably more up to the Den Haag based developer than to these two publishers. Who knows?

Yes, there might be problems with RoM's quality (and at the same time still less than with most F2P titles) and there might be issues with Frogster CS dealing with RoM petitions but I had support issues with publishers of subscription based games that were way more polished and probably didn't cause a tenth of the amount of tickets a successful F2P title like RoM would cause the Frogster guys to deal with in their queues.

So yes, I'm happy Bluehole eventually found a European publisher. Looking forward to playing TERA on European servers!

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by bluefunk

Frogster + guild Wars 2 = does not compute

We are talking about Tera here not guildwars 2.

And no, guild wars 2 will be published by ncsoft in europe, same as with guild wars 1.

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369

Originally posted by Phall

Let me see, Frogster is successfully running MMOs with different success but still, with some success (each on it'S own scale): Bounty Bay Online (Subscriptions & F2P) and Runes of Magic (F2P)

TCoS on the other hand  just wasn't a good game. This is probably also Frogster's fault if they were able to influence the game's direction but it is definitely the developer's fault as many game design concepts of TCoS were BS from very early on.

Also while dividing the Spellborn player base between Acclaim and Frogster was a very unclever move this was probably more up to the Den Haag based developer than to these two publishers. Who knows?

Yes, there might be problems with RoM's quality (and at the same time still less than with most F2P titles) and there might be issues with Frogster CS dealing with RoM petitions but I had support issues with publishers of subscription based games that were way more polished and probably didn't cause a tenth of the amount of tickets a successful F2P title like RoM would cause the Frogster guys to deal with in their queues.

So yes, I'm happy Bluehole eventually found a European publisher. Looking forward to playing TERA on European servers!

U are an idiot, TCoS wasn't good published or should I say it wasn't published at all... 

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

...there goes a great title I've been waiting for :'(

Let's hope I can play on the US servers...

And funny to see TCoS in the announce. There's nothing for Frogster to be proud about that one. The game failed and after 18 months there's still no micro-payments for that game implemented and Frogster somewhat gave o[up on the ttitle.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

The poor Europeans, trying to play this game when it is run by bans anonymous is going to be a real task.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

gawd loved to read about home much energy en masse ,advertised, they putted into this game....better be en masse version they release =(

fear an IP lock on those releases

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

This will not mean nor will it be f2p in Europe. It will be Frogsters first p2p title with a subscription unless you count TCoS. And I want to settle this stuff now, Frogster had nothing to do with TCoS's demise in EU. They are publishers and could only purchase rights for certains EU area's. You should blame the company who made TCoS and made the publishing agreements. Frogster is a good company that has published atleast one well known title, RoM which is a very succesful f2p wether you like it or not. I mean who else did you want them to go with, GOA? There really isn't many highly sought publishers coming out of EU. And Bluehole doesn't want to fork over investment cash to publish a game half way around the world, would be costly. Seriously people, thiink before you post.

Originally posted by mackdawg19

This will not mean nor will it be f2p in Europe. It will be Frogsters first p2p title with a subscription unless you count TCoS. And I want to settle this stuff now, Frogster had nothing to do with TCoS's demise in EU. They are publishers and could only purchase rights for certains EU area's. You should blame the company who made TCoS and made the publishing agreements. Frogster is a good company that has published atleast one well known title, RoM which is a very succesful f2p wether you like it or not. I mean who else did you want them to go with, GOA? There really isn't many highly sought publishers coming out of EU. And Bluehole doesn't want to fork over investment cash to publish a game half way around the world, would be costly. Seriously people, thiink before you post.

thinking you miss the point unless they are allowed to publish the en masse version - they have putted alot of work into rework lore and adding to the game. can discuss if putting in things like achievements is good or bad, but if this aint the case we will get some more or less good translation of an "asian grinder".

that the info Id want, do they make their own version or are they allowed to use En Masse´s

edit: so far En Masse is not mentioned on frogsters/TERA EU site.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

Umm, Headon, read the whole thread first. There is a link that tells you how they are going to publish it. Then come back and post. Maybe by then, I can understand what you just posted.

Heres the link if you can't find it : http://www.frogster.de/en/news,id238,frogster_interactive_acquires_european_license_mmo_game_with_this_one_most_spectacular_new_generation_mmo_game_projects.html#news238

Originally posted by mackdawg19

Umm, Headon, read the whole thread first. There is a link that tells you how they are going to publish it. Then come back and post. Maybe by then, I can understand what you just posted.

Heres the link if you can't find it : http://www.frogster.de/en/news,id238,frogster_interactive_acquires_european_license_mmo_game_with_this_one_most_spectacular_new_generation_mmo_game_projects.html#news238

wish they would spell it out but yes ;

and for frogster I aint blaming them for how spellbourn functioned, havent tried any of the others they have published.

• neilh73neilh73 Member Posts: 239

While not one of my three most anticipated games, TERA was still definately high on my radar.  I was planning to get the game at launch and giving it a shot, well at least until one of my top three games came out. 

That has all gone straight out the window with this news.  I won't touch anything that Frogster are invoved in with a twelve foot bargepole.  Between Frogster and Acclaim they managed to kill one of the most innovative MMO's in years - The Chronicles of Spellborn.  I wouldn't trust those monkeys to run a damn i-phone application, let alone an MMO with the scope of TERA.

Oh well, looks like I'll just have to wait for SW:ToR, ER and TSW to release...

MMORPG History:
    Playing - EVE Online.
    Played (Retired) - AO, SWG, MxO, WoW, RFO, SoR, CoX, EQ2, GW, L2, Vanguard, LotRO, AoC, TCoS, Aion.
    Favourite MMO - Pre-CU SWG, 3 Years, 4 Accounts, 2 Pre-CU Jedi (1 Pre-9).
    Awaiting - Star Wars: The Old Republic, The Secret World, Earthrise.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

We're expecting some kind of release from En Masse about what all Frogster will do for TERA in the EU.  Just gonna have to wait for it.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by stayontarget

EnMasse reply found here:  http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7724

Thanks for the link.

Just to pull out a relevant part:

There will not be a separate microtransaction payment model for TERA in Europe. TERA will use a subscription-based payment model in all regions.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Krypt-JakeKrypt-Jake Member UncommonPosts: 36

Even though it will remain P2P in Europe, I still have sympathy for ye fellow gamers for Frogster taking over there.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Poor poor Europe, I feel for you.

• AxewielderxAxewielderx Member Posts: 96

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by stayontarget

EnMasse reply found here:  http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7724

Thanks for the link.

Just to pull out a relevant part:

There will not be a separate microtransaction payment model for TERA in Europe. TERA will use a subscription-based payment model in all regions.

Just to pull out the relevent part.... does not matter if the game has microtransactions, is free to play or p2p.The main subject of this thread is Froster taking over. LOL! Frogster are not known for giving good customer service, payment method is irrelevant.

If we fail to change the things of today, they will become the lucid nighmares of tommorrow.

• PhallPhall Member Posts: 54

Dear troll Tyrantas: I played TCoS myself and it used to be bollocks, believe me... An uh, yeah: read - understand - post.

And as for Frogster and bad customer support: En Masse first will have to prove themselves as well in that area and they will have the fortune to do so with a probably very polished subscription based MMO as opposed to Frogster with their F2P title RoM. So I really don't see the point for such comparisons yet.

• ivaylo1981ivaylo1981 Member UncommonPosts: 30

WTF - all my hopes for the game and died !!!

can we play US version from EU?

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517