Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned without notice

DarthMooskaDarthMooska Member UncommonPosts: 146

So I just got my new hard drive installed. I transfer the steam files, which contain my APB files, over to the new hard drive. I startup the launcher, installing punkbuster and directx. It works fine up until log in screen and gives me something about my account not being able to enter. I go to the site to check status or forums and I've been banned. Now I know everytime I see someone talking about being banned, I usually assume they deserve it, but I honestly can't figure out why I would have been banned. I played just last night. I played in beta. I don't understand...

Anyone heard of anyone else having this happen?

I derive my strength from passion. Do you feel that? That is what seperates you and I, Jedi!

Comments

• DarthMooskaDarthMooska Member UncommonPosts: 146

Update. I just got this:

Hello,

After an investigation, our fraud team has identified that your account has applied a fraudulently obtained product key. Subsequently, we have been forced to terminate this account.

As a result of the termination, you will be unable to access any part of the All Points Bulletin service including the action districts, social districts, and APB forums.  Moreover, your account will not be refunded any outstanding RTW points or game time.

All Points Bulletin strives to have a fair and transparent system for account discipline.  If you disagree with the removal or if you believe the removal from APB was in error, please email the administration team at support.apb.com.  We will review the terms of your removal and investigate the events leading to the termination of the account. 

Please let us know whether you have any questions.

Thanks,

APB Support Team

To which I replied:

I bought my game through steam.... how could it possibly be fraudulent? Not only have I paid you guys $50 for my game, I just purchased $10 worth of APB points. This needs fixed now!

I derive my strength from passion. Do you feel that? That is what seperates you and I, Jedi!

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

sounds like a simple mistake.  relax, take a breather, and be a little patient.

I've just never seen this happen in any game I've played. I don't understand how these mistakes happen.

• SWGmodAlphaSWGmodAlpha Member Posts: 126

Good reason to stay away from this game a bit longer if their system is miss-identifying game keys from their own karking system.

Is this game by SOE?

• FlamingIceFlamingIce Member UncommonPosts: 120

Can't you send them some sort of proof-of-purchase with the receipt you got from Steam?

• Robdc84Robdc84 Member Posts: 156

in the great words of bender "This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against me!"

IN THE FACE!

I can send them my key, yes... you would figure there was a system where they could just look and say, "Oh hey... This guy did preorder from steam. He paid the $50 that we need for a key. We are bad at our jobs"

22:27:27 : Stella: Hello! Welcome to Real Time World's chat system. How may I assist you today?

22:27:31 : [email protected]: hey... I got banned for "fraudulently obtained product key", but that can't be when I bought it through Steam...

22:28:22 : Stella: I really apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

22:29:12 : [email protected]: It's fine. I'm just a fan of the game, have recruited my friend to play, and I just understand how this wasn't checked before going through

22:30:42 : Stella: Thank you!

22:30:47 : Stella: Would you please tell me what error massage you are getting.

22:31:14 : [email protected]: let me load up the game real quick to see

22:31:32 : Stella: Sure.

22:33:55 : [email protected]10008

22:34:19 : [email protected]: Says my account has been blocked

22:34:42 : Stella: I really apologize for the inconvenience.

22:34:57 : Stella: In this case, I would need to escalate this issue.

22:35:05 : Stella: Would that be fine.

22:35:17 : [email protected]: Thats fine. How long would it take for them to get on it?

22:36:42 : Stella: It will take 24 hours, within 24 hours we will resolve your problem.

22:36:53 : [email protected]: Yeah. That will work then

22:37:42 : Stella: Definitely, No need to worry about that.

22:38:03 : [email protected]: Is it a common issue?

22:40:22 : Stella: Yes, it is a common problem with some of accounts.

22:40:47 : Stella: So our account department will check first that what is the main problem in your account.

22:41:22 : Stella: Then we will resolve your issue within 24 hours.

22:41:45 : [email protected]: Ok. Thank you

22:42:17 : Stella: I have escalated this issue write now.

• eburneburn Member Posts: 740

Eh at least you got to chat with someone.

Hope it works out man.

The whole.. "write now" thing bothers me tho'. Hope they're just bombarded by launch problems and next time they get it 'right'.

I kill other players because they're smarter than AI, sometimes.

• lethyslethys Member UncommonPosts: 585

I'm gonna be completely honest, that sounds reasonably good for a game rep.

The problem your having will most likely be fixed then.  Not a great thing to happen but certainly nothing to whine about on a forum for five posts.

I do feel a little better after being able to chat with someone. It's not like missing a night's going to kill me. It's just surprising to get something like that thinking my money invested was basically taken from me.

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

"To err is human...

To really foul things up requires a computer."

One of my favorite sayings, because its so true. As a programmer myself for a credit card processor, I know ALL the horror stories of billing things (especially over the internet).

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by eric_w66

"To err is human...

To really foul things up requires a computer."

One of my favorite sayings, because its so true. As a programmer myself for a credit card processor, I know ALL the horror stories of billing things (especially over the internet).

Well.... they said that huge drop in the stock market a little while back was because someone either entered a million instead of a billion or the other way around. 

Created a ton of panic XD!

So I'd say it's definitely true lol. 

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

As unfortunate as it is, people need to learn to relax when a situation arises. The first thing that you do shouldn't be to rush to a forum and make a post about it before you have even researched the issue enough to know what's going on. It's good you figured it out and contacted them, but in the future when someone pops up like that take the time to figure it out before thinking that hell just erupted onto earth and the world is at an end.

If anything it shows the quick turn around and willingness to help customers that this company has, it's a shame their game doesn't interest me in the slightest to get me to try it.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

That really does suck, clanmate of mine had his character in a void for a couple of days - seemed like the support email did nothing. Once he talked to them online it was solved in minutes lul.

Probably getting bombarded with stuff but hope it all works out for you m8.

• NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743

This is why I do not buy games online any more.  Got burned with a game account a long time ago.   Rebuilt a PC and forgot the game was on the account.  Tried to re-download it and could not. 

Just decided from that point on I would only deal in hard copy.  Since most games will get you a week free on pre-order I just drop $5 on GameStop, get my beta key, try it out and get my refund if it sux.  Almost did that for APB cus that first Key to the City weekend I got on was awefull.   Was not until a freind convinced me to play with his group that I actually had fun at it. 

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

As unfortunate as it is, people need to learn to relax when a situation arises. The first thing that you do shouldn't be to rush to a forum and make a post about it before you have even researched the issue enough to know what's going on. It's good you figured it out and contacted them, but in the future when someone pops up like that take the time to figure it out before thinking that hell just erupted onto earth and the world is at an end.

I don't think it hurt anything. It'll probably be alright :)

If it makes you feel any better, the 24 hours they said it would be resolved is nearly two hours away and I've received nothing. I also think my friend possibly was banned for the same thing. He also purchased through steam. I see a pattern.

• dwnsthboy88dwnsthboy88 Member Posts: 1

I also bought this game from steam and was banned with no reason no response from apb support team for 1 week then im accused of faud! Well I sent them two emails back one with screenshots of my CD-Key window open in steam with the CD-Key Clearly Legible . The second was my recipt of purchase from steam.  RTW need's to get there ^%^$ together and quick I know this is my first post on this site but I had to reply after reading the other guys story. I will say this If my account is not refunded (playing time and unbanned) I will be taking legal action because I have all the documents to prove I Paid for this game legaly and played legaly and there company is so dumb they ban players who pay through steam for no reason..... I have to say ^&&$ RTW and there crew

I'm already looking for a new game. Too bad FFXIV and SWTOR are so far off.

• NirvyNirvy Member Posts: 73

Same here :( APB want to see all kinds of ID and personal info to unban me. I only owned the game for maybe 4 hours before they canned me :(

You got something back from them? I've still not seen a thing. Sad stuff.

• NirvyNirvy Member Posts: 73

Nope nothing back yet, been waiting a good day and a half nearly now. You would have thought they would make new customers getting this a priority.