Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Age of Camelot: Live Event TONIGHT!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Last week, Dark Age of Camelot players were treated to the first-ever live event. Because it was such a resounding success, DAoC devs have decided to run another one TONIGHT!

Here's what EA's Rowland Cox had to say about the event and his announcement of tonight's:

This past week we unveiled our first ever Mythic run Live Event for DAoC. The turnout was huge and the feedback was overwhelmingly positive. In short, players loved it! As a result, we have decided to run an encore of the event on the Ywain server on Wednsday, July 7th. All information can be found on the Camelot Herald.

Also, be sure to check out the Production Podcast for this event.

The event will be an encore 'performance' of the Infernal Awakenings event that was held last week and will run from 7-9 p.m. EST.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Cool, maybe a small playerbase is actually good in this case. Everyone can participate with (hopefully) few complications.

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369

9 years late.

• KraossKraoss Member Posts: 71

Does sound cool.

I am still a little bitter about Origins. I resubbed to brush up on my CC skills cause they made it sound like a sure thing...

It always felt like live events when one realm would take anothers relics when i played.

We used to talk about having a 4th realm being an NPC invasion that would take over keeps. Realms would have a choice to fight off the NPCs taking over their keeps or using it as an advantage to attack another realm when they were distracted. :)

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

First ever live event?

Erm, wrong, GOA ran lots of them back in the day on the EU servers.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

A few actually, not really lots :)

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• LodenDSGLodenDSG Member Posts: 266

If only they had the Origins server :( I miss the pre SI game tryed it not long ago couldn't get into it seem so diffrent from what I remimber.

• echiyaechiya Member Posts: 26

Dark Age of  What?  C'mon dudes ... a live event for a dead game?

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Clearly not a dead game, hence the events and active RVR... >_>

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

It's not a dead game. At the moment the Ywain cluster has 2,958 people. The total for all the clusters are 3,092.

And it seems that there is a lot of pvp as there are constantly messages indicating that a certain keep has been taken by a certain side.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DeltorDeltor Member Posts: 47

Zinzan : The article says Mythic-ran event.

----
    Games Tried: TCOS, 12sky, 12Sky2, Rappelz, LoA, GO, HO, GMU, Warrock, TR, PWI, SotNW:GE, PotC, EVE, MxO, PotBS, KO, HO, 9Dragons, LotRO, DDO, L2, Maplestory, Second Life, CoX, GW, EQ2, Ryzom, WoW, Planetside, SWG, FE, Aion, Allods, CO, etc

• wakawaka2010wakawaka2010 Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by echiya

Dark Age of  What?  C'mon dudes ... a live event for a dead game?

did  weird

• hogscraperhogscraper Member Posts: 322

Originally posted by LodenDSG

If only they had the Origins server :( I miss the pre SI game tryed it not long ago couldn't get into it seem so diffrent from what I remimber.

Lol, if only they had the classic server you'd what? Convince enough people that are left to leave the servers so the remaining players feel like they are playing in a graveyard? Then abandon the game in droves leaving the few players left the ones you screwed to begin with? Oh wait, that already happened...

Having played this game off and on since SI launched its sad to see that Mythic turned their backs on the players that still play by catering to those that eventually, completely left the game after they got their own cluster.