Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: EA Takes Over in Europe

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The final transition between GOA/Telecom and EA to bring back full control of Warhammer Online to EA is now complete according to a new press release. Under the new deal, publishing, subscriptions and operating will revert to Bioware-Mythic in the EU.

BioWare Mythic assumes responsibility for WAR in Europe immediately. Once the transition begins, access to European servers for WAR will be suspended for 48 to 72 hours as new servers are brought online. The full game will then be accessible and to celebrate all current and former European subscribers will receive 14 days of free gameplay. Standard billing rates will resume after this free* game play period.

All characters and account information will be migrated to BioWare Mythic servers and be available to present and past players. In addition, new players will be able to create a free endless trial account.

Head to the Warhammer Online site to find out more information about the transition.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814

EA takes over Europe?! We're all doomed!

• TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by Mahlo

EA takes over Europe?! We're all doomed!

Heh. Maybe they can do a country merge to boost population. All I know is when I went from Norway to Sweden there was a ton of lag and my pet dog disappeared on me.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Considering the decreasing number of subs of people wanting to be in Europe because of the epic fail that is the EU, EA is more than likely just to pull the plug on the servers that run Europe and the Europeans will have to find another place to live...

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• A1learjetA1learjet Member UncommonPosts: 258

Actually  rolled on 2  servers  to try for myself  1 was German server  ad  the other  England(english)  no lag no anything was as smooth as  the Gorfang and Iron Rock UsA  servers. Also was pretty fun.

@Virus dancer  if it  does  Will it be 2  European servers  ?  or Merged in UsA servers. Seemed pretty active  to me tbh.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Aren't they combining EU/US/World servers into a few servers?

• Smallpox1Smallpox1 Member Posts: 28

There are currently 9 servers + 1 test server. That I am aware of there are no plans to merge any of the servers as they have healthy populations; indeed my server, Karak Norn is currently flooded with people coming back thanks to the 100% increase in renown bonus and free to play for the next 2 weeks.

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

I got an email saying the game would be playable for free for 14 days from the 6th july ( I'm in Europe) so i though cool I'll reload it and have a look and see what the games like now. Unfortunatly I can't log in . Does anyone know if its active yet ?

• ZenerenZeneren Member UncommonPosts: 29

to Okhams and all the rest u have to add "_eur"  sufix to your login if ure a EU player like "name123_eur"