Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why i left WOW forever

Comments

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

Originally posted by Zoulz

Originally posted by madeux

Originally posted by deniter

There is no MMO with more content than WoW has. Please tell me if you find a MMO that has added more content over it's lifetime than WoW. Still people complain. I don't get it.

WoW has an awful lot of content, alright. The sad thing is they make it obsolate whenever a new expansion comes out, so it has a fixed amount of content to play in any given time.

It's not obsolete. At level 60 the vanilla gear is still useful for the vanilla content, for example. Yeah, gearing up on TBC greens is still better than the vanilla gear. But how do you propose adding new content without making the older content useless? It's not possible.

Lvl 60 purple gear is replaced by lvl 61 green gear... sounds obsolete to me.

The lvl 60 purple is still useful if your doing vanilla content. But my question was, how can you add content without the old becoming obsolete?

The point is that lvl 51 greens do not obsolete lvl 50 purples... Yet when the put on an expansion, BAM one level destroys it all.

As for adding content without old becoming obsolete.... there's room for thousands of new low-level quests and areas... these could all be added without obsoleting anything, simply providing more options for areas and situations to experience.

So your basicly saying, remove all character progression? Gear wouldn't matter anymore. The only thing that would matter in a boss encounter, for instance would be if you know the tactics to defeat the boss.

Character progression is pretty key in WoW, so I don't see that happening.

That's not what he said at all.  Wow...way to make a strawman.

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

There is no MMO with more content than WoW has. Please tell me if you find a MMO that has added more content over it's lifetime than WoW. Still people complain. I don't get it.

WoW has an awful lot of content, alright. The sad thing is they make it obsolate whenever a new expansion comes out, so it has a fixed amount of content to play in any given time.

It's not obsolete. At level 60 the vanilla gear is still useful for the vanilla content, for example. Yeah, gearing up on TBC greens is still better than the vanilla gear. But how do you propose adding new content without making the older content useless? It's not possible.

The lvl 60 purple is still useful if your doing vanilla content. But my question was, how can you add content without the old becoming obsolete?

The point is that lvl 51 greens do not obsolete lvl 50 purples... Yet when the put on an expansion, BAM one level destroys it all.

As for adding content without old becoming obsolete.... there's room for thousands of new low-level quests and areas... these could all be added without obsoleting anything, simply providing more options for areas and situations to experience.

So your basicly saying, remove all character progression? Gear wouldn't matter anymore. The only thing that would matter in a boss encounter, for instance would be if you know the tactics to defeat the boss.

I lol'd :)

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

No, i'm saying add more options and choices to character progression.  More unique and original content.  Not a 30 minute dungeon that you're expected to do 1000 times and consider it 30000 minutes of content.

• ZoulzZoulz Member Posts: 477

Good for you. I think you guys are just trying to make WoW into something it's not. It is pretty clear what WoW is all about. You can bitch all you want it's not going to change anything. So good luck finding your super-duper MMO. My guess is there is no pleasing you anyway.

Good for you. I think you guys are just trying to make WoW into something it's not. It is pretty clear what WoW is all about. You can bitch all you want it's not going to change anything. So good luck finding your super-duper MMO. My guess is there is no pleasing you anyway.

I want you to read the title of this thread.

Now read it again.

Now read it a third time.

Now think about how it relates to someone saying "I wish X was in WoW."

Now think about that some more.

Now a little more.

We're certainly not making it into something it is not.

As for finding my super-duper MMO, I'm enthused by TOR, FFXIV, GW2, and other stuff on the horizon.  They seem to have some very, very sound ideas on keeping things interesting at all levels.

• ZoulzZoulz Member Posts: 477

Originally posted by Drachasor

I want you to read the title of this thread.

Now read it again.

Now read it a third time.

Now think about how it relates to someone saying "I wish X was in WoW."

Now think about that some more.

Now a little more.

We're certainly not making it into something it is not.

As for finding my super-duper MMO, I'm enthused by TOR, FFXIV, GW2, and other stuff on the horizon.  They seem to have some very, very sound ideas on keeping things interesting at all levels.

Hehe, ok. I'll keep an eye out for your 'Why I left TOR, FFXIV or GW2 forever' threads in the future. Have fun.

• beefaroniapbeefaroniap Member Posts: 78

thread should read why you should care i left wow forever .. wahh self entitlement i = everyones opinion... wow was so 2 years ago welcome to the play a game for a few months try a new game era

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

You're right, we're trying to make WoW into a dynamic, growing game worth playing... something it isn't, and probably never will be.

• qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170

Originally posted by Li-Su

Originally posted by SwampRob

I had 7 70s and then gave up when I saw that WOTLK wasn't offering me anything I wanted.   I loved Wow for a time, and as a soloer I loved that you could solo to the top level.   And then Wow is simply Raid or give up.   Bah.   If Wow ever offers me a non-grouping method to obtain the gear I want (even if it's a long and lengthy process), I'll consider rejoining.

Ah this reminds me of why I start playing WoW.

WoW is a game in which there is really a whole game for soloist, during the launch days.  A soloist got a lot of things to do, and is equally entertained, as are the groupists.  That was in great contrast to EQ, in which you can only solo something 20 levels lower than you, and if you do not have the ability to snare it, it will come back with friends.  Yes I can kite, but its not fun kiting every mob for 10 minutes.

However, once you hit the cap, soloing options are largely gone from WoW.

Why waste 15/month to play by yourself? There are many many better single player games that are better single player games than MMOS. Install an in game chat program and play a single player game, you can still chat with people.

• GavelaydeGavelayde Member Posts: 62

Wow is the best Mmorpg! Ever! Why? Because all other companies that could ever compete with bliz are to lazy to make good competion. I've played many other mmorpgs and they just don't seem to take the time to be competitive... I'm hoping Bethesda get's it together and makes an Oblivion or even a Fallout3 mmorpg. But they seem to want to contract it out however.. to other deadbeat companies and wind up in legal issues. They should just take the bull by the horns and do it themselves.

• tanoriltanoril Member Posts: 432

You're right, we're trying to make WoW into a dynamic, growing game worth playing... something it isn't, and probably never will be.

Is there any game that's like this now?   Has there been any game that's been a 'dynamic, growing game' in a 6 year streach?

WoW does have a problem with making gear obsolete, but it's not from expansion to expansion.  It's from patch to patch, which is worse.  By doing it this way, they make gear (and instances) obsolete within the expansion.  For example, Uldudar is obsolete now (as far as end game gear is involved) and that was launched within the WolTK expansion.

• TorikTorik Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by tanoril

WoW does have a problem with making gear obsolete, but it's not from expansion to expansion.  It's from patch to patch, which is worse.  By doing it this way, they make gear (and instances) obsolete within the expansion.  For example, Uldudar is obsolete now (as far as end game gear is involved) and that was launched within the WolTK expansion.

The problem WoW has is that they have not made gear obsolete enough yet.  When Burning Crusade did its major gear reset, it was a wake-up call.  Farming raid instances for gear was bunk and it is unfortunate that so many players are still so gear obsessed in the game when gear means less and less.  The game is becoming more and more about the player and less about the gear.  However, it still has a lot to go before the Gear Myth is finally put to rest.

Originally posted by Torik

Originally posted by tanoril

The problem WoW has is that they have not made gear obsolete enough yet.  When Burning Crusade did its major gear reset, it was a wake-up call.  Farming raid instances for gear was bunk and it is unfortunate that so many players are still so gear obsessed in the game when gear means less and less.  The game is becoming more and more about the player and less about the gear.  However, it still has a lot to go before the Gear Myth is finally put to rest.

You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding about how gear in WoW works.  Having "Good Gear" never is an obsolete goal, but what constitute good gear does change.  Ulduar gear isn't good anymore, for instance.  There's no "Gear Myth" and if you don't have the minimum gear necessary to do a raid, then you can't do it.  There's a bit more leeway with DPS, but all roles need minimum gear levels for all content, with the latest content having the most strict requirements and content being faster and easier with better gear.  Skill counts, of course, but the minimum gear level is if you are superemly skilled, and you still do better with better gear.

WoW is extremely gear-based and nothing is changing that, nor do the Devs have any plans of changing that.

• HydrobluntHydroblunt Member Posts: 282

LOL you new crop of WoW players really crack me up.  It's funny how little you know.  If you're doing lvl 60 content at 60, you're doing it wrong.  Outland opens at lvl 58 and in BC, the only reason you even bothered to do any Western Plagueland or Silithus content is for fun, which was a small minority of players.  At lvl 58 you could get green quest gear that was better than anything from vanilla WoW.  The result is that halfway through TBC, most WoW players barely had an idea of how to do some of the best content Blizzard ever designed, like BRD, Strat and Scholo.  In other words, top notch content made obsolete along with the gear.

Along that trend, Blizzard made challenge obsolete, along with any depth, class specialization and originality.  I remember when the patch for WotLK hit, it literally dumbed down all of my characters.  I ended up quitting WoW a few days prior to the WotLK xpac.  Tried coming back while waiting for Aion and could not even last three weeks, the game was too boring.

I just laugh at anyone who plays WoW for any other reason than their group of friends or tight guild.  The game has become a joke.  90% of the players that i used to play with quit shortly into WotLK or duing BC.  It's not like Blizzard is evolving the game, they are dumbing it down.  It loses its appeal to some of us. But obviously plenty of masses love it, just like they love McDonalds.  I prefer higher quality.

Playing: EvE, Warhammer free unlimited trial, Allods Online
    Played: Anarchy Online, WoW, Warhammer, AoC, Ryzom. Aion
    Strongly Recommend: Ryzom, EvE, Allods Online

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Originally posted by david361107

I just left WOW for the last time. Yes i did leave and try everything, WAR, AOC, Aion, whatever, AOC is the only one that remotely interest me. But this last time, me and my RL friends were like, lets try end game, ICC. Well we have geared toons, got into a guild started running ICC, and ran ICC again and again and again...WOW is a great game but come on, blizzard can do much better than this. Maybe it's because I've played WOW for over 4 years and just burnt. I wish everyone well and hope blizzard makes some changes. Just can't run ICC all the time but it's all there is to do.

I wouldn't call WoW a GREAT game. More an average game. It's missing a ton of features from earlier MMORPGs, and a company as large as Blizzard should have put them in already. 

It's just a game designed around doing the same thing over and over, no surprise you got bored. I was bored the first day I played, because its just a moron friendly version of EQ.

• penguintuxinpenguintuxin Member Posts: 3

This is the end game of the MMO instance paradigm. Everything is controlled. Like I said, WoW at the end of the day is nothing more than a glorified platform game with an economy.  This expansion will be the beginning of the end of Wow. I puke in my mouth a little every time I think of another WoW  "instance."  If my by instance, they mean long wait times, boring formulaic fights, and repetiive graphics , then, yea, it's wonderful...

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

I just left WOW for the last time. Yes i did leave and try everything, WAR, AOC, Aion, whatever, AOC is the only one that remotely interest me. But this last time, me and my RL friends were like, lets try end game, ICC. Well we have geared toons, got into a guild started running ICC, and ran ICC again and again and again...WOW is a great game but come on, blizzard can do much better than this. Maybe it's because I've played WOW for over 4 years and just burnt. I wish everyone well and hope blizzard makes some changes. Just can't run ICC all the time but it's all there is to do.

you'll come back. Sorry, you will. friends will continue to play and bring you back

• jessianjessian Member Posts: 277

Originally posted by Fibsdk

Cya when the expansion comes out

Is that the same expansion that has instances you lot can run and run and run and run and run... ensuring blizzard keeps you Glued to that game?

3 years for me was enough... time to take of the blinkers. once wow is dead long and gone. what have you all achieved ???

how much money have you sunk into this game... do you keep your pets and zebras! lol

MMO's now a days are a waste of money subbing to....  big named ones going F2P very shortly to try and keep their sub base when the next vanilla cookie comes along

• Originally posted by Ceridith

Originally posted by Li-Su

Originally posted by Ceridith

Random as in randomly generated layout and content. meaning the odds of running a dungeon that is built the exact same, with the exact same mobs and locations/patrols, loot, etc, is all random.

The 'blocks' of the dungeons portions, textures, monster models and general valeus would need to be developed, but the assembly of the dungeons would be different every time.

Other MMOs have this. It's not new. Heck the original EQ has had this for years.

Such a system would actually require players to slow down and think about how to approach pulls, rather than have the dungeon strategies burned into their memories so they could practually go through it blind folded. Though, such a system might require too much thinking for most of WoW's playerbase.

EQ is random?  You kidding me?

Original EQ is the same as WoW, with each stage largely locked into a few zones.  Level 10 is the oasis, level 40s is kithicor ...

The only thing different is that instances are not private, everyone shares the same "zone" after zoning in.  Lots of issues with camp stealing. mob stealing, training.  Apart from that every mob is spawned to a fixed location.  Bosses or named mobs that drops good loot are rare spawns in exact spot, but most of the times it is a placeholder that is spawed, no loot.

Tell me which MMORPG has truely random instances, Diablo instance layouts are slightly randomised, with the trash mob taking on different attributes (different resistences to each type of damage), but the named are always there.

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

I agree with  you here.  WOW is not a bad game.  If it were... it probably wouldnt be around anymore.  But its just a "meh" expierence for me.  It was fun at first, but like with anything else... the expierence lessens and lessens everytime you do it.  People will want to say "wait till cata comes out"!  Well.. sure there is new stuff, but the new content that was in the wotlk expansion had this famaliar feeling to it that didnt really offer the "wow this is cool" feeling, and cata probably wont be any different.   But thats just me.

• MorgarenMorgaren Member UncommonPosts: 397

Originally posted by Cacaphony

I agree with  you here.  WOW is not a bad game.  If it were... it probably wouldnt be around anymore.  But its just a "meh" expierence for me.  It was fun at first, but like with anything else... the expierence lessens and lessens everytime you do it.  People will want to say "wait till cata comes out"!  Well.. sure there is new stuff, but the new content that was in the wotlk expansion had this famaliar feeling to it that didnt really offer the "wow this is cool" feeling, and cata probably wont be any different.   But thats just me.

I'll get where i don't want to play it, cause i do get tired after a while, and I'll quit for a few months, then I'll be perfectly happy playing it again until next time I grow tired of it.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

"Maybe it's because I've played WOW for over 4 years and just burnt."

Played for 4 years I think you got your worth from WoW. Running ICC can get repetative. Did your guild try the hardmodes? They just released a new raid I think. There's always PvP. That's what I would do when I got bored of raiding.

I'm curious to find out what dynamic end game AoC has that isn't running the same instance/raid over and over to gear out.

• Stathis1Stathis1 Member Posts: 16

Played since open beta on and off for about 3 years and got my paladin up to lvl 70, and since then haven't played, for 3 years now.. The best part of wow was from lvl 1-60 and the first raids. Then it became repetitive. It was back then, in early 2005 that many players including me, made long posts about how static wow was. That it needed something to make it's world more interactive.

I am a pvp player mainly. Back then we would gather at tauren mill or outside ogrimar e.t.c. and do big pvp fights. Good times.Of course that was the only thing we could do as far as pvp is concerned. Then we would go at the forums and say that pvp should have some kind of influence in the game world, like in Daoc. You would gather gear for being better at pvp and help your faction gain access to things e.t.c. But of course what blizzard did was introduce more raids, then battlegrounds which had no effect what so ever at the game world e.t.c.

On top of these the Paladin class kept changing, nerfed again and again, we were a joke to other classes, and eventually it became a healer class. Nowdays i hear that they have made it a good class. After 6 years that is. What a joke.

So, blizzard never listened to the players saying that their world isn't interactive, but released expansions and patches introducing old same old same, just to keep players playing.

None of the people i knew in game are playing anymore. The subs are many, but how many of them are actually playing rather than reactivating it to just play for 10 days and then quit again?

All in all, wow was a good promising game, polished and fun to play, but missed the things that would make many players enjoy it. Instead of that blizzard some months after release created a direction for the game  that was about raiding to get better gear in order to raid again to get better gear.  And the expansions go the same way.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I quit playing wow oh about 2.5 years back.  The reasons are many why.  I played a paladin, and can we say nerf city. Yes we can.  I know a lot of folks who got to the end game and it became repititive.   I seen the same things happen in other games.

Lotro is the bigest looser int he repititive catagory followed by wow.  Folks get burn out by doing the same thing over and over.

However I have to say there is no shortage of folks willing to step into place of those leaving.

Oh well I left and never looked back, I never felt invested in wow anyway.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Forever problably mean 3 months until Cata release.