Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(Help the Developers) How should the developers apply PvP in Alganon?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

This could be a hard topic.

Since the game originally lunched without PvP,

it could be a tough task to add it in now.

So help the developers out.

How should PvP be applied to the game?

Tell and explain your mechanic ideas for it and how it would work

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Just like they did in the real Alganon.  Ya know, WoW.  Release an honor patch.

• HakiemHakiem Member Posts: 35

The way the game is going I'll be surprised to see the game last long enough to get the new class(s) in before the plug is pulled let alone any type of PvP.  But stranger things have happened.

Kind of makes me chuckle that most of the official forum talk is about player population.  I got jumped all over when I was bring it up and don't see the same happening to others who are now voicing their concern.  One guy even called it a Solo Online RPG and wanted his money back for what he paid for the Client ($19.95).  Come on MugHug go ream him a new one.

Fun Fun Fun in the Sun Sun Sun.

Just Me,

Tim - Hakiem

If rainbows only come out in the rain then I would like it to rain at least once a day.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Originally posted by Hakiem

The way the game is going I'll be surprised to see the game last long enough to get the new class(s) in before the plug is pulled let alone any type of PvP.  But stranger things have happened.

Agreed.  Before PvP is added, some major changes need to be made, all of which MUST make enough people want to play the game to actually warrant PvP.  If not enough people play a game, adding PvP is a waste of time and money.  Right now, PvP is a very unimportant feature that, quite frankly, if added without a prior increase to the subscriber base, could decrease the amount of time the servers can stay open before they are shut down for good by a significant amount.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

Although I couldn't give a hoot about the game, logic would dictate that first implementation of PvP in this game should be:

1. instanced battleground type game

2. no gear allowed and everyone automatically scales to max level

3. additional NPC units involved.

Since the number of active players in-game per faction at any one time has fallen below 10, and there are no rescources to invest in balancing the classes for PvP, any effort will have to be a very bland, generic effort.

The truth is, the game will never see the point where it gets PvP. You need "Ps" for PvP, and Alganon doesn't have any and will not be getting any more. At some point there will be no money left, and the investors will tire of throwing good money after bad and bite the bullet and let this atrocity die.

• eisenryueisenryu Member Posts: 157

Umm... copy and paste it from WoW.

Been working for them so far. Oh.. wait!

World of Warcraft is the original creation of God. Real Life is in fact a WoW clone.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

In keeping with its "resurrection" to be a unique entity rather than a WoW ripoff, I think it should eschew PvP all together and opt rather for a new and innovative mechanic they can call PvS (Player vs Smart). It will add a rich metagame experience to Alganon as the majority of the battle will take place on forums, where the players faction attempts to speak their mind and must find new and interesting ways to do so while the Smart faction uses his moderation powers and army of lawyers to stomp them out. Fanboys will be the third faction to balance it out as we all know factional conflict needs three factions.

Successfully completing objectives will earn ever coveted "Ego points" which can be spent on player respect, or additional abilities such as "Throw the book at em!" which uses a thesaurus to find new ways to call someone an idiot and threaten them with libel.

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!