Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i'm first.

doesn't feel as cool as i thought

Comments

• thafireballthafireball Member Posts: 200

that's what she said

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Well that was informative.

• Dark-AsylumDark-Asylum Member Posts: 300

Originally posted by thafireball

that's what she said

very nice.

• HyersHyers Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by thafireball

that's what she said

win

• MadAddictMadAddict Member UncommonPosts: 76

Been in all the beta events, running from the police is fun, servers were great for a beta. Multiplay was down quite a bit, but it is beta. Over all for a NFS game its been fun, but how deep can this go as a MMO? Pre order was $20, i have preordered it, come with a car based the vender you buy it from, not sure if its F2P or Sub, either way i feel i have already gotten my $20 worth and it hasnt been released yet. I would never say that if this was a $50 game. So far its pretty cool for what it is. Does anyone remember motorcity online? It died along time ago. It too was fun racing mmo, the first ever i think.  But i guess you have to like racing to enjoy this. And I am by no means a racing freak. I dont watch nascar or formula etc, but i have fun playing racing games. 

• Naturalist99Naturalist99 Member Posts: 182

Originally posted by MadAddict

Been in all the beta events, running from the police is fun, servers were great for a beta. Multiplay was down quite a bit, but it is beta. Over all for a NFS game its been fun, but how deep can this go as a MMO? Pre order was $20, i have preordered it, come with a car based the vender you buy it from, not sure if its F2P or Sub, either way i feel i have already gotten my $20 worth and it hasnt been released yet. I would never say that if this was a $50 game. So far its pretty cool for what it is. Does anyone remember motorcity online? It died along time ago. It too was fun racing mmo, the first ever i think.  But i guess you have to like racing to enjoy this. And I am by no means a racing freak. I dont watch nascar or formula etc, but i have fun playing racing games. 

The game doesnt cost a dime to play, the starter pack was just a pack for bonuses such as a car, some boost points to start the game, and other extras.

MMOs played: Too many
    Watch List: FFXIV, CoH:GR, GW2, SWTOR, TERA, Earthrise

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

Originally posted by Naturalist99

The game doesnt cost a dime to play, the starter pack was just a pack for bonuses such as a car, some boost points to start the game, and other extras.

Last time I checked you had to "buy the game" (starter pack) to advance after lvl 10. Seems like a free trial to me.

• DaedroDaedro Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by paterah

Originally posted by Naturalist99

Last time I checked you had to "buy the game" (starter pack) to advance after lvl 10. Seems like a free trial to me.

This.

The $20 is gonna be worth it, $20 in boost, bonus content + you have to buy the game past lvl 10 anyway - I've gotten to 20.

Their multiplayer is really buggy and their programmers seem too incompetent to fix it over the last few betas (they've been trying).

It lacks a lot, but it's worth the $20 (to me)

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

Never was a NFS fan, but for $20 I think I'll give this a shot. The beta is shallow, but enjoyable. Takes me back to when I played Nitto 1320.

• JoarnajJoarnaj Member Posts: 258

Congrats, Dark!  =)

To everyone thinking about playing this game DON'T BE FOOLED!!! The front page makes you assume you need to buy the starter kit but you don't. $20 for some boosts and a special car model is all you are paying for. How's that for some slick item mall crap in action? You can download and play for free, at least right now in the beta. Everything I've read from the developers indicates that this free play will continue through launch and beyond.

Now to the game: I downloaded it tonight and for a free game it's a steal. I'll never spend a dime on this game and I don't care if the item mall gets so crazy that only high rollers can win races. This game is just a fun racing game and there are a lot of entertaining aspects.

It's Need for Speed so if you've played any of their older titles then you know what to expect. You unlock cars, you unlock tracks, the whole bit. You can choose single player or multiplayer races. You can run into cop cars and start the hot pursuit mode, which was probably what I had the most fun with in my two hours of play. You can also do private races so you and a friend can go head to head. The physics are questionable, but the racing is fast and fun. The starting tracks were challenging enough that I would assume that later tracks will be seriously ramped up. The game looks absolutely beautiful, too - so all in all it looks and plays much, much better than I would have expected from an mmorpg racer.

My final analysis: not a game I will play all the time, but certainly one I'll revisit a couple of times per week to unwind and get a quick action fix.

I was pleasantly surprised when I went from Apprentice to full 5 star Elite in under 2 months. I was pleasantly surprised again when I went from Elite to just barely Hardcore in 2 weeks. Apprentice, here I come!

Originally posted by Joarnaj

Congrats, Dark!  =)

To everyone thinking about playing this game DON'T BE FOOLED!!! The front page makes you assume you need to buy the starter kit but you don't. $20 for some boosts and a special car model is all you are paying for. How's that for some slick item mall crap in action? You can download and play for free, at least right now in the beta. Everything I've read from the developers indicates that this free play will continue through launch and beyond.

Now to the game: I downloaded it tonight and for a free game it's a steal. I'll never spend a dime on this game and I don't care if the item mall gets so crazy that only high rollers can win races. This game is just a fun racing game and there are a lot of entertaining aspects.

It's Need for Speed so if you've played any of their older titles then you know what to expect. You unlock cars, you unlock tracks, the whole bit. You can choose single player or multiplayer races. You can run into cop cars and start the hot pursuit mode, which was probably what I had the most fun with in my two hours of play. You can also do private races so you and a friend can go head to head. The physics are questionable, but the racing is fast and fun. The starting tracks were challenging enough that I would assume that later tracks will be seriously ramped up. The game looks absolutely beautiful, too - so all in all it looks and plays much, much better than I would have expected from an mmorpg racer.

My final analysis: not a game I will play all the time, but certainly one I'll revisit a couple of times per week to unwind and get a quick action fix.

Excellent contribution, i agree, although i did pick up the starter pack.

• DaedroDaedro Member Posts: 44

Congrats, Dark!  =)

You're the one being fooled, mate. Check the FAQ:

http://www.needforspeed.com/post/nfs-world-starter-pack-faq

Once you reach driver level 10, you'll be able to continue playing for free but you won't keep progressing. In order to progress past level 10, players must purchase the Starter Pack

That said, it's totally worth $20 to sit down and enjoy a NFS MMO. You also get beta access (or did), full amount in Boost, and a week head start. :)

Come on Guys consider all the money you have spent on failed or crap, this is at least pretty fun and for $20? Its a no brainer!

I'm in even just for the casual play option, i dont see how you could commit to this as a true MMO, grind, level, etc. 

But i'll be glad to jump in a few nights a week to leave you all behind in my rear view mirror! As i level up! And the police chases are fun too!

Very wise on NFS's part! They know its not a sub based game, no racing game really ever is IMO, but i believe  it will do ok.

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

Same here. I don't expect to play this every single day, but it seems fun for killing a few hours a couple times a week. It's only $20 and there's no subscription fee. If you don't buy the starter pack you're limited to level 10, which restricts the your selection of cars, tracks, and abilities.

• wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380

So i've been playin in the beta, and I for one love this game.  While I haven't played some of the more recent nfs titles, this really reminds me of the underground series from a few years ago.  what I can say is that as far as mmorpgs go, most titles are slow to start and the fun doesn't begin till level 20 or so but this was a blast from the moment i logged in.  I will definately buy it, the game has been a refreshing departure from the lands of elves and orcs.

• JoarnajJoarnaj Member Posts: 258

Originally posted by Daedro

Congrats, Dark!  =)

You're the one being fooled, mate. Check the FAQ:

http://www.needforspeed.com/post/nfs-world-starter-pack-faq

Once you reach driver level 10, you'll be able to continue playing for free but you won't keep progressing. In order to progress past level 10, players must purchase the Starter Pack

That said, it's totally worth $20 to sit down and enjoy a NFS MMO. You also get beta access (or did), full amount in Boost, and a week head start. :)

Thanks for that. Hadn't seen it. I might actually just stay at level 10. Running from cops is running from cops, after all. =)

I was pleasantly surprised when I went from Apprentice to full 5 star Elite in under 2 months. I was pleasantly surprised again when I went from Elite to just barely Hardcore in 2 weeks. Apprentice, here I come!

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

The way I see it, you have until lv.10 to decide if its worth $20.  Maybe you enjoy it for a bit, but get bored by lv.10, or maybe you want to keep playing enough to pay for it.  Either way, feels like a luxury compared to spending money on a game up front, without even knowing if you'll like it or not.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539

I preordered I played around casually with it in beta and will continue to play it casually for me its worth the 20 bucks.Head start begins tomm plus be able to lock my name in with any luck.It's a fun game its not gonna be somethin you will play like a WoW or EQ but it's worth 20 bucks easy imo.

I totally agree, but i have different MMo's, thanks for the heads up, i didnt realize head start started tomorrow!