Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sony Online need Sub now?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• ctshamectshame Member Posts: 104

Where did you get this info from?

• pepsi1028pepsi1028 Member Posts: 471

I think Sony is getting their ass kicked by Microsoft in the console department. 

Sony still has my vote for HDTV's though

†Pepsi1028†

PEPSI!!!!!
    Get out of your box already...

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

This info on their plus system was made public back at E3 if I am not mistaken.

• atticus589atticus589 Member Posts: 4

Plus gets you free games and content for being a subscriber, online play is still 100% free.

†Pepsi1028†

PEPSI!!!!!

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Playstation plus isn't required to play online, the sub is just required for more "premium" access, some things like "free" DLC that you will only own for as long as you keep paying that monthly sub lol, the momment you stop paying you lose access to those things.

The whole thing reaks of a dirty scheme to me, but it is still not needed to play online.

• RamaelRamael Member Posts: 91

Someone didn't watch E3! For shame!

I kid, of course. The idea behind Playstation Plus is that it's a "premium package." For the price of the subscription, you get more than you normally would from the regular, free Playstation Network account (which, from their statements, will remain as it is, with the unlimited online play, normal Playstation Store functions, etcetera).

It's optional, though, so no stress.

Originally posted by atticus589

Plus gets you free games and content for being a subscriber, online play is still 100% free.

That is like saying I will give you this bike for free! Just give me 100$.  No I would rather pay for online play AND get demos.  It isn't "free" by any means.

You have to pay in order to play these "free" demos.  So what you said is false.  Nothnig is free, marketers are just that good.

†Pepsi1028†

PEPSI!!!!!

• ctshamectshame Member Posts: 104

Alright good haha i really dont wanna pay for my console to be online its the whole reason i have a ps3 and the day i have to sub ill go to xbox because for the sub price for xbox compared to ps3. xbox is worth more then ps3 would be. lol

and i watched a little e3 i got to bored with all the gamestop comercials and little display time. lol

I can't be overly positive about the Xbox... I'm one of the unlucky sods who's gone through three of them, all red ringed. Haven't replaced the last one yet... Probably won't. Was never the console I was always on anyway.

Of course, I've also seen people who have had the same unit since the thing was first released. Truly is luck of the draw sometimes.

• atticus589atticus589 Member Posts: 4

Demos are, and will remain to be free. Which has been stated... You will get 4 >FULL< games along with countless DLCs as long as you have a subscription... and $5 a month for games and DLCs you can't really go wrong there...

You also have priority for limited demos and betas...

• eripmav08eripmav08 Member Posts: 65

can i ask where do you get that information you post dude?

HuNd3Rz

Originally posted by Ramael

I can't be overly positive about the Xbox... I'm one of the unlucky sods who's gone through three of them, all red ringed. Haven't replaced the last one yet... Probably won't. Was never the console I was always on anyway.

Of course, I've also seen people who have had the same unit since the thing was first released. Truly is luck of the draw sometimes.

Man this thread keeps making me post like this.  But hey you think you have it bad??

I just got my 11th xbox today.  Thats right!  ELEVENTH! They just keep breaking and breaking. I switched to a PS3 for about a month but then the video slot in the back broke (How the hell does a ps3 break?)  I know I must not be the best at taking care of them, but Xbox just will always have my heart for the console part.

I still love Sony Bravia's though.  so I support both companies

†Pepsi1028†

PEPSI!!!!!

Ouch. That's rough, man.

Can't say much. Still sitting on a PS3 from the release days. Full backwards compatibility and all. Hasn't shown any signs of trouble. The Xbox has some fun games... but most of the games I want for it, I can find for the PS3. To each his own, though. I admire your patience, if nothing else; like I said, I can't convince myself to care after the third one. That was over a year ago.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

I have subscribed to PSN+ yesterday.

For £40 for the year i got, LittleBigPlanet, Wipeout HD, 2 PSN games and a PS1 game. Some themes and avatars and some full game demos.

The cost of this is just offset by me canceling XboxLIVE since i dont play it anymore.

The PS3 online service is still 100% free, the only difference is with PSN+ you get free games each month, free avatars and themes, early access to BETAs, it will also download any updates for games you have and system automatically in the background. Im sure some more features will appear in the coming months but its still decent for the price.

Once i download next months free full game i will already have downloaded well more than £40 worth of content i had been thinking about buying anyway. Sure for some people this will be pointless since they own a lot of the stuff already but for others like me its pretty good.