Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game just keeps getting worse.

jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Today, I just read a post on the allods website about a change to death penalties.

It started out good, they are removing fear of death.

The bad news is they're replacing it with something much worse.

I hope you don't like anything better than uncommon items.

They are next to forcing players to use the cash shop that use rare or higher quality items. What is it with this game and the horrible ideas for cash shop encouragement?

just look at the front page of the game:

http://allods.gpotato.com/

Here's the post:

"The upcoming Allods Online Patch 1.1.0: Revelations of Gipat introduces new content and gameplay mechanics. In fact, one of the most controversial aspects of the game, Fear of Death, is being eliminated!

Fear of Death is a debuff that players receive upon death which reduces all of their offensive stats by 25% for an amount of time proportional to their level. It can be removed by spending Drops of Myrrh that can be bought from vendors, using Incense that can be bought from the Item Shop, or just waiting it out.

With the help from player feedback, the developers have decided to remove the Fear of Death penalty in order to opt for a much less obtrusive and mundane death penalty system. It’s a challenge to create a death penalty system that penalizes a player appropriately according to risk, level, and skill. However, we believe that Patch 1.1 has accomplished that with the introduction of a new death penalty in Allods called the Cursed Items system.

What’s the Cursed Items system?

When a player dies in the upcoming patch, instead of receiving a debuff to all of their offensive stats 100% of the time, players will only have a small chance that a curse will be cast upon them. The curse will randomly land on one of a player’s item slots; however, if the curse lands on a slot that is empty or contains an item that is Uncommon or Common, the curse will be deflected, leaving the contents of the item slot unharmed. If the curse lands on an item slot that contains an item that is Rare, Epic, or Legendary, its stats will become inverted.

Bosses in dungeons and raids will now also drop Cursed Items in addition to the items that they usually drop. This means that means that players will have a chance to receive more loot, which can be used once the curse is removed.

In order to remove a curse from an item, players can purchase Scrolls of Purification from the Item Shop, or buy them from other players. Players can also avoid items becoming cursed with each death by wearing Holy Charms. Players may have up to 1000 Holy Charms equipped at a time and each time the player dies, one charm will be used to deflect any possible curse. Holy Charms are available for purchase in the Item Shop, and can also be bought from other players.

What’s happening to Incense?

Incense and the patronage system will still exist. The Incense’s blessing will now last for 1 day, while Large Incense Kits’ blessing will now last for 21 days. Incense will still protect players from the Icy Grave and Hypnosis effects, but it will now also protect them from the Lethargy Potion effect. It will also give players a slight bonus to one stat, increase their damage dealt and healing done, and allow players to use special patronage spells that can be cast with the use of Drops of Myrrh. Additionally, aspects of the early game have changed so that a player’s exposure to the patronage system now occurs at level 4!

Patch 1.1: Revelations of Gipat will be available to players starting on July 7th!

Big changes are occurring in Allods Online and we hope to see you there!"

Comments

• KamaxKamax Member Posts: 12

They just locked 17 threads about how absurd this patch will be.

The entire patch is about the cash shop and how players will be forced to pay to play. Unfortunately this game is nowhere near the quality of a pay to play title. They just let their greed ruin a potentially great game.

By far the most entertaining thing is reading the GM's responding to and dodging questions on the forums.

• tige1tige1 Member Posts: 5

When I saw this and how they plan to change my class (I'm Psi) I've decided not to bother with this product anymore and so I quit. My toon was lvl40 (max lvl atm), I have seen pretty much everything anyways. It's a shame actually cos I saw lots of potential in this game but pretty much every change they had till now made this game worse.

Funny thing is that they claim to listen of what fans have to say and react accordingly to feedback but that is far from truth. Well maybe they listen what Russian fans have to say but def not NAmericans.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

All they did was try to hide the mechanic used to cause people to buy stuff from the cash shop a little more than it originally was.  It's still transparent to anyone who gives it minimal thought.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams