Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whats wrong with MAG?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

I dont hear much talk about the game.

Was the PvP truely as epic scale as claimed?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• beefaroniapbeefaroniap Member Posts: 78

mag is great i play it everyday if i could.. this site i guess doesnt consider it an mmo even tho it has rpg elements and 300 ppl on a map.. if you seek mmo news on it seek massively out they cover it alot (go to search mag = all the info you need)

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by beefaroniap

mag is great i play it everyday if i could.. this site i guess doesnt consider it an mmo even tho it has rpg elements and 300 ppl on a map.. if you seek mmo news on it seek the other top mmo website with the m in the name they cover it alot

Unlike the "other top mmo website with the m in the name" (whichever one of dozens that could be) this website allows external links. 

As for the original post. I guess in order to discuss MAG you have to know what MAG is.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • TazzasaurusTazzasaurus Member Posts: 33

the fact that they couldnt make MAG for pc is pretty terribly disappointing

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by Tazzasaurus

If they did, they'd probably have to either keep PC gamers separate from the console gamers or put some kind of artificial penalty/restriction on the PC side. In an FPS, PC gamers would completely destroy console gamers solely because of the superiority of mouse and keyboard over analog controls.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by Loktofeit

If they did, they'd probably have to either keep PC gamers separate from the console gamers or put some kind of artificial penalty/restriction on the PC side. In an FPS, PC gamers would completely destroy console gamers solely because of the superiority of mouse and keyboard over analog controls.

All consoles need to do is come up with a control like this and that is no longer a problem.

http://www.alphagrips.com/

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

i would consider MAG a MMOFPS

but the thing is why MAG isnt much talked about is because the game gets boring a bit fast

MAG is a game that is only fun when you play once in a while out of the boredom, otherwise, you will puke yourself to death playing it everyday

because there is no goal in the game, you are only told to attack and defend, and there is a contract, but the contract doesnt matter

level doesn't matter, i could survive in Domination with my lv 8 SVER character and still kill a lot of the lv 60s

the game has no challange at all, it's just a massive killing field, so that is why MAG is slowly dieing, unless the update the maps

and gameplay to much more, because honestly, i dont even feel like opening my MAG case anymore, all you do is Dom, Sabotage and Acquisition, that's pretty much it

So What Now?

• DrOrpheusDrOrpheus Member Posts: 46

I'm not even sure if the MMOFPS genre is successful enough for them to even try. The only notable games are WWIIOL (which is on its very last leg) and Planetside (not sure if it's as active as it was a few years ago).