Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show Off Your PC Setup!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Hey guys,

Noticed this section of our forums is actually quite popular, and being a hardware geek myself I figured we could probably use one of these threads!

Simply put, go ahead and post pictures of your PC/desk setup here.

Comments

• Shadowdem0nShadowdem0n Member Posts: 9

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/42/86410009_811b4d78e7.jpg

Haha just kidding. Mines nothing special, don't have any pictures of it..

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

This is my gaming room.  I painted the walls and ceiling a dark blue then added a few black lights and glowing stars.

I have a TV on the wall in case I want to watch the news. My system is a Quad core, 8 gigs of ram, 700 watt power supply, Nvidia GTX 285 card, Xgamer sound card and a 24" monitor.

My peripherals are: X52 stick/throttle and TrackIR, This pic doesnt show my new G9 mouse and G15 keyboard

• vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

The rich right wing republican has something nice there :P

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

I am not rich.  Computers and gaming is my hobby.  Well, my motorcycles too.  ;-)

• jokergulfjokergulf Member Posts: 71

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

Originally posted by outfctrl

I am not rich.  Computers and gaming is my hobby.  Well, my motorcycles too.  ;-)

it does look expensive ^^

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

My current setup. 

• lordessedesslordessedess Member Posts: 56

Im actually surprised my computer runs the games it can im seriously short on ram and my compter is about 6 years old but anyway , i have :

AMD Sempron

Nvidia 7800

1GB of ram

and im running XP service pack 2 (because service pack 3 unleashes the lag monster)

Originally posted by outfctrl

Richer than me is you have Computers and motorcycles plural lol.............woe is me ,and my life :P

• xKrNMBoYxxKrNMBoYx Member Posts: 165

Mines nothing special...

A Desk + HP 17" Monitor + Gigabyte Keyboard + Gigabyte Mouse + Harman/kardon speakers + Gigabyte case + PC

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 AM2+/AM2

Gigabyte ATI Radeon 4850 512 MB

5.5GB DDR2 PC6400 800Mhz Ram

This computer is about 2 years old, but i upgraded the cpu recently

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

All this and I STILL can't run Crysis on full settings.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Yeah, it's pretty old.

• drkoracledrkoracle Member UncommonPosts: 120

Case: Coolermaster HAF922

PSU: Coolermaster Silent Pro 1000W Modular PSU

Ram: Kingston 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz/PC3-12800 HyperX

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H 890GX

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition @ 4GHz

Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2 Rev B

GPU: 2X PowerColor HD 5850 in Xfire

Hard Drive: 4 x 2TB Samsung Spinpoint

Optical: Samsung Writemaster

Screen: SyncMaster 245B Plus 24 inch TFT @ 1920 X 1200

Mouse: Logitech G9

Keyboard: Steelseries Merc Stealth

Sound: ASUS Xonar DS

Originally posted by lordessedess

Im actually surprised my computer runs the games it can im seriously short on ram and my compter is about 6 years old but anyway , i have :

AMD Sempron

Nvidia 7800

1GB of ram

and im running XP service pack 2 (because service pack 3 unleashes the lag monster)

and as soon as i say im surprised it runs them it starts acting up again (computer will reboot itself while im playing usually when something flashy occurs onscreen the developers of the two games ive experienced it on say its cause i need more ram *sigh* honestly i just think i need a new computer if i could just afford one)

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Am bored so might as well join in with the new upgrades I did a few weeks ago.

AMD AM3 Phenom II x4 3.2

ASUS 790X MB

nVidia GTX 275 896mb ---upgrading later this yr to---> nVidia GTX 480 1536mb

40" Proscan HDTV running in 1600*1200

8GB AData DDR3 1600 RAM

Antec 750w PS

Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD

SpinQ VT fan/heatsink

Damn Krym that thing looks monsterous.....id kill to have a computer half that good :)

i just found me one of those kits that have the case,powersource, processor and mother board for a pretty good price i think im going to buy it and try my hand at building my own computer useing it and my old one for the video card, drives and monitor.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6346493&CatId=31

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6270919&CatId=31

looking at one of those two there i personally like the first one but the second one has a much larger hard drive than my current one.

• MuffpojkenMuffpojken Member Posts: 54

Intel® Core™ i7

8 GB DDR3-1333 (16 GB max) gaming grade

1TB 7200rpm SATA-2

DVD±RW 22x Dual Layer

ATI RADEON HD5870 1GB GDDR5

2 x DVI-I, DisplayPort, HDMI

Played on a 40 inch Samsung full HD-TV.

Playing: ARMA 2
    Waiting for: Darkfall: UW
    Played: Ultima Online, Age of Conan, Anarchy Online, Planetside, Dark age of Camelot, EQII, WoW, SWG, FFXI and a lot more

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

AMD Sempron

Nvidia 7800

1GB of ram

----------------------------------------------------------

The AMD Sempron was a powerful single-core back in the days, I myself own one and it runs games pretty good until recently. Iv tried upgrading to a dual-core foolishly buying a dual core thinking it would just work :)  pins are 939s which was discontinued! so now I have to pick up a $60 motherboard and prolly $90 DUO XD

My current specs

AMD Sempron

Nvidia Geforce 9400

2GBs of ram

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Originally posted by xer0id

AMD Sempron

Nvidia 7800

1GB of ram

----------------------------------------------------------

The AMD Sempron was a powerful single-core back in the days, I myself own one and it runs games pretty good until recently. Iv tried upgrading to a dual-core foolishly buying a dual core thinking it would just work :)  pins are 939s which was discontinued! so now I have to pick up a $60 motherboard and prolly $90 DUO XD

My current specs

AMD Sempron

Nvidia Geforce 9400

2GBs of ram

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64

yeah same here about the running games well till recently ....i mean i occasionally had to turn graphics down slightly on some games because of my low ram (it plays champions surpriseingly well on fairly good settings) but suddenly its like i hit a brick wall...a brick wall topped with razor wire and anti-personel turrets lol. Now most newer games i have to run at like half their max settings or i get problems like extreme slowdown choppy picture and torn graphics and in some cases my computer will crash and reboot itself. Woe is me :P   i hope i can get one of the kits i mentioned before but if i cant i hope to at least add another gig of ram so it'll run smoother on Campions at least.

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

And i thought i had a nice pc, until i read this thread...now i really need to start earning more money if those rigs are getting more standard :)

my specs:

Quadcore 2,4ghz

8 Gigs of Kingston ram

ATI 4850 grafics

500gb harddisk, and a 150gb 10000rpm system disk

• 7fireeye77fireeye7 Member Posts: 38

Originally posted by xKrNMBoYx

Mines nothing special...

A Desk + HP 17" Monitor + Gigabyte Keyboard + Gigabyte Mouse + Harman/kardon speakers + Gigabyte case + PC

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 AM2+/AM2

Gigabyte ATI Radeon 4850 512 MB

5.5GB DDR2 PC6400 800Mhz Ram

This computer is about 2 years old, but i upgraded the cpu recently

I would just like to point out its an AM2+/AM3 motherboard image - and nice rig!

My slightly outdated "Jimathy" (or so i called him) is:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 currently running at the standerd clock of 2.5Ghz  but i often run it at 3Ghz+ (Running on a P45 chip with 8-Pin (2x4) Connector so it is easily overclockable).

Cooling: Corsair H50

RAM: 4GB DDR2 Single Channel RAM at 800MHz

Graphics Card:  Palit nVidia GTS250 1Gb/1024Mb - E-Green edition due to the fact that at the time my power supply had no 6-Pin connectors and only 2 Molex connectors.

Standard clock 675/900/1458 however i usually run it at 787/1066/1721 boosting Windows rating of both 3D Performance and Windows Aero Performance to 7.0 with it's 68.2Gb/s Transfer Rate and 50.4 GTexel/s Texture Fillrate - which i aknowledge is way lower than the standerd edition of the model and other graphics cards.

Hard Drives: Western Digital 500GB  Caviar Blue 16Mb Cache and 7200RPM  SATA drive and external 160Gb and a 250Gb Buffalo MiniStations running at 5400RPM through a 2.0 USB port which i use to backup files from home, from school and for friends when i need  to reinstall their PCs image

Motherboard: Asus P5Q Pro Turbo

PSU: OCZ  Z-Series 650W

Case: Antec VSK 2000 Case

Monitor: Acer AL1717 (which im saving up and looking forward to replacing with an Acer GD245HQ 24" 120Hz 3D Compatible) and i have a 32' AcousticSolutions TV that supports 1080p and 1080i.

Mouse and Keyboard: Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3000 with the BlueTrack mouse - which does the trick when i switch between displays and makes multi-tasking easier.

Sound/Audio: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound speakers (70 RMS and 140 Peak Power) which blast out amazing music with deep base and awesome gameing sound when positioned properly thats blasts out through my onboard 8 Channel Sound card.

Internet: UK TalkTalk 24Mb with Unlimited Download usage - actual received speed is at the bottom on my signature

Accessories: A mug warmer which damn helps throughout the day and night keeping my coffee warm when gaming image

Screenshot:

Dxdiag1

Dxdiag2

WinRating

Gpu-Z

Pictures: I have not taken any since i dont have no flashing neon lights due to the fact that they generate light which prevents me from sleeping at night and generate a bit of heat which i dont really need either. However upon request i can take a pic of the whole set and the one of the PC from the inside.

• Nekky_FateNekky_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 162

Intel i7 920 2.66 w/ Thermaltake V1 Cooler

Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3 1600

Asus Rampage II Extreme LGA 1366 Motherboard

EVGA GTX 480 Fermi Superclocked 1536MB  Video Card

VelociRaptor 300GB 10k RPM HDD

2x Raptor 74GB 10k RPM HDD's

Coolermaster 1000w PSU

LG 2ms 24" LED LCD

Windows 7 64bit Pro

25Mbps Verizon Fios

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• saltydog3saltydog3 Member Posts: 53

No pics, but here is my set up:

*Note This is not a detail description of setup

Component Details:

System_____________________________________________________________________________________

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @2.67GHz 

Number of processor cores  4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit operating system,  DirextX 11

Total amount of system memory:  4.00 GB RAM

Storage____________________________________________________________________________________

Total size of hard disk(s):    1863 GB

Raid 0

Graphics___________________________________________________________________________________

Display adapter type:    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275

Total available graphics memory 2683MB

DirectX version:  DirectX 10

Primary Display:  VO32L10A LCDFHDTV

Primary monitor resolution 1920x1080

Network___________________________________________________________________________________

Network Adapter:   Intel(R)  82578DC Gigabit Network Connection