Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you want the bad news first or the bad news?

2»

Comments

• FreedomBladeFreedomBlade Member UncommonPosts: 281

Originally posted by aleos

so.........................what your saying is SWTOR isnt going to be the sandbox you thought it was going to be?

SWTOR is and was never going to be anything like a sandbox. It is a themepark all the way, that is why I am so perplexed as to the hype about it.

• jotulljotull Member Posts: 256

Originally posted by FreedomBlade

so.........................what your saying is SWTOR isnt going to be the sandbox you thought it was going to be?

SWTOR is and was never going to be anything like a sandbox. It is a themepark all the way, that is why I am so perplexed as to the hype about it.

I do think if they go straight Themepark they will be making a mistake, a world needs some randomness some opne feel to be truly interesting. You can only ride a rollercoaster so many times before it gets boring.

• safetysafety Member Posts: 219

Originally posted by jotull

I do think if they go straight Themepark they will be making a mistake, a world needs some randomness some opne feel to be truly interesting. You can only ride a rollercoaster so many times before it gets boring.

Agreed.

That was one of the joys about doing Jabba's Palace - back in the old days. You could do all his missions step-bystep or else you could just explore the place. There wasn't much to do but even the empty rooms with the random characters were atmospheric and engaging. I became a neutral pilot ace specifically so I could get5 landing rights at the palace. My house was nearby. I wonder if SWTOR will ever add such richness. Who am I kidding? Fat chance.

• FreedomBladeFreedomBlade Member UncommonPosts: 281

Originally posted by safety

Agreed.

That was one of the joys about doing Jabba's Palace - back in the old days. You could do all his missions step-bystep or else you could just explore the place. There wasn't much to do but even the empty rooms with the random characters were atmospheric and engaging. I became a neutral pilot ace specifically so I could get5 landing rights at the palace. My house was nearby. I wonder if SWTOR will ever add such richness. Who am I kidding? Fat chance.

Totally. SWG had a really amazing immersion that is lacking from most games I have played. I would really feel like I was there in the films and that I was free to explore. It was frankly amazing. 

I so wish though that SWG had the proper FPS combat like PlanetSide pulled off and was released at the same time. The original EQ style combat was awful the CU was okish but still not good.

If you removed the levels from SWG, added skills, added FPS combat and seamless transition between space and planets then you would have the best game ever ever ever.

• jotulljotull Member Posts: 256

Totally. SWG had a really amazing immersion that is lacking from most games I have played. I would really feel like I was there in the films and that I was free to explore. It was frankly amazing. 

I so wish though that SWG had the proper FPS combat like PlanetSide pulled off and was released at the same time. The original EQ style combat was awful the CU was okish but still not good.

If you removed the levels from SWG, added skills, added FPS combat and seamless transition between space and planets then you would have the best game ever ever ever.

They did and yet they didn't, sure they went crazy on little details like curiouse animals coming over to sniff you, but then you would take a mission and it would be these two tards standing by a flag with the AI of a Cashew. That is what killed SWG for so many people and that was way before CU or NGE.

• DracusDracus Member Posts: 1,449

..there are some whackjobs out there and one day one of these twisted people are going to do more than just talk.

Old new, events that you are implying have already happened, for example the murder in Korea over the sale of a virtual sword.

We're all still around, the Earth still rotates and the Sun still shines.

Do not live in fear or of unhappiness, but rather...

Always look at the bright side of life...

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Originally posted by Dracus

..there are some whackjobs out there and one day one of these twisted people are going to do more than just talk.

Old new, events that you are implying have already happened, for example the murder in Korea over the sale of a virtual sword.

We're all still around, the Earth still rotates and the Sun still shines.

Do not live in fear or of unhappiness, but rather...

Always look at the bright side of life...

... and Put on a Happy Face!

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• rivalzrivalz Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by smugglapro

For that, and other things that have been listed in full on this forum before, I hope they all die in a fire.

See this was the scary attitude that was being discussed over at companyofthewolf.org last week, natuarlly the owners of that blog got lambasted, but they are right..there are some whackjobs out there and one day one of these twisted people are going to do more than just talk.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by smugglaproFor

that, and other things that have been listed in full on this forum before, I hope they all die in a fire.

See this was the scary attitude that was being discussed over at companyofthewolf.org last week, natuarlly the owners of that blog got lambasted, but they are right..there are some whackjobs out there and one day one of these twisted people are going to do more than just talk.

Bah! If you think TYPING nerd rage like that = potential to commit the crime, you're greatly mistaken. Try not falling for all the PC crap you hear from people these days...it makes people pussies.

• DracusDracus Member Posts: 1,449

I happened to forgot, sorry, silly me, but there are indeed whackjobs that are doing more than just talk.  Being a whackjob does mean that such people have creativitity and imaginative traits.  And they are indeed taking matters into their hands.

But not in the sense of violence or of hostility, but of using that energy and effort in a socialable acceptable manner of  developing their own vision of what a MMO should be.  And for this, current AAA developers should be afraid. For the competition in the online market is going to become very competitive as more independent developers, oh wait, whackjobs that is, enter into the market place.

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

• AisinAisin Member Posts: 17

no wonder since he left all teesquared can seem to do is minor tweaks to the game

he's spent a month pushing patch after patch to just make items tradeable(that should have always been tradeable anyway)

Originally posted by Aisin

no wonder since he left all teesquared can seem to do is minor tweaks to the game

he's spent a month pushing patch after patch to just make items tradeable(that should have always been tradeable anyway)

Yup. As someone said on the o-forums yesterday "tinkering". All you'll see between now and SWTOR and Clone Wars Adventures (by SoE) releases is going to be "tinkering". Not much else 2 Devs can do tbh.

• AisinAisin Member Posts: 17

Go Tee!!!  Really makin a difference as "Producer"...   These are the quality updates that will bring the masses back to SWG!!

BTW since when has the producer ever in the history of SWG posted so many Update notes himself.  I don't recall Dont-knowhowmakeagamefun-ukki ever posting them day after day.. nor Deadmeat, nor helios.. can't they get that worthless community "manager" Drakkfool to do it or does copy paste friday features really take him all week?

June 15

Misc

• Corrected malfunctioning Multi-painting: Forces Under Siege.

June 14

NO TRADE Removal

• Fixed an issue where the paintings "Five Years of Galaxies" and "Six Years of Galaxies" were not tradable or No Trade Removable.

• NO TRADE has been removed from more items,

June 11

NO TRADE Removal

• A re-deeded YT-2400 will now also be tradable. Existing redeeded YT-2400s will be No Trade Removable.

June 10

NO TRADE Removal

Storyteller

• Due to technical issues, the Tuskan Raider Combat NPC Storyteller item may no longer be placed inside or on the roof/balcony of player structures.

June 9

Bounty Hunter

• The flawless Strike ability will now correctly increase the flawless bead chance by 15% for it's duration.

Jedi

• The Stance Glancing Blow modifier should now be correctly applied when the Jedi is in Jedi Stance.

Storyteller

• Tokens will show if they can be placed on a roof in the examine window. These can also be placed on balconies or porches.

June 8

Storyteller

NO TRADE Removal

Originally posted by Aisin

can't they get that worthless community "manager" Drakkfool to do it or does copy paste friday features really take him all week?

That quote is pure win IMO :P :D

• MiffyMiffy Member Posts: 244

The content in SWG has always been shit, none of it is worth playing, yet that isn't why we played the game and they removed the only reason we did and that was the games potential. 

All the new content is in TCG lol.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Sheesh Draakull is still with them? I thought by now he would've lost his job over the emo crap he's written (and deleted after), and he has his own forums which means he likes attention.

Originally posted by sookster54

Sheesh Draakull is still with them? I thought by now he would've lost his job over the emo crap he's written (and deleted after), and he has his own forums which means he likes attention.

Oh lol, if only you knew. Soooooo much more to his pathetic life's story mate. He's got some major sh!t going on IRL atm and if he were anywhere near a decent person, I'd be sick for him. But...he brings all his trouble upon himself from what I have seen. So...no sympathy from me.

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

Originally posted by TUX426

Oh lol, if only you knew. Soooooo much more to his pathetic life's story mate. He's got some major sh!t going on IRL atm and if he were anywhere near a decent person, I'd be sick for him. But...he brings all his trouble upon himself from what I have seen. So...no sympathy from me.

If the unprofessional behavior he exhibits is any indication of how he confronts his personal life, then he is truly his own worst enemy. Believe it or not, and as disturbing as it may be, Draakull has quite a few vocal fans on the O-boards that fawn over him when the opprtunity arises. image

Originally posted by Kazara

If the unprofessional behavior he exhibits is any indication of how he confronts his personal life, then he is truly his own worst enemy. Believe it or not, and as disturbing as it may be, Draakull has quite a few vocal fans on the O-boards that fawn over him when the opprtunity arises. image

Without going into specifics, lets just say its a comedy of errors...without much comedy. Bad decisions compounded by more and more and more until the issues get out of control.

The vocal supporters (fanbois) are usually the biggest morons too IMO, by far the best ones to read :D

• KruxKrux Member Posts: 274

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

I full well understand why people hate SWG. I DON'T understand why people act like the game hasn't been stagnant for eons.

Just had to fix that for you.

Now I can QFT (quote for truth).

• sif-lawdsif-lawd Member Posts: 3,402

None here either. The guy is a tool. He went on an emo ragebanning crusade that saw several of my accounts get the axe for no reason.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by sif-lawd

None here either. The guy is a tool. He went on an emo ragebanning crusade that saw several of my accounts get the axe for no reason.

I used to be a CRM for an ISP back in the 90's, I told Draakull that he isn't doing his job right and I got banned then I personally sent an email to SOE's head department and lifted my ban. That was during the vet trial last year when Draakull first came around.

Who remembers that first Friday Feature he wrote? LOL that thread backfired and reached something around 500-600 pages and Draakull had the nerve to say "I get the last laugh, now I'm locking it". The Friday Feature was controversial because discussing the TCG on the SWG forums is against the rules, and the Friday Feature was discussing the TCG which lead to people asking why Draakull did this.

I guess SOE needs every employee the can get right now.

• m240gulfm240gulf Member UncommonPosts: 460

Why the EU writers didn't also create Unicorns with Light-Saber horns along with their Zombie Troopers, I will never understand image

The good news in this bad news is that he's only a developers in that he doesn't create content, only rather he developes content (i mean he brings them to life in-game).  The bad news in my book is that as a developer he will have some influence, even if it's very very small, with the rest of the developement team.

Just for shits and giggles, I took a look at my old server, Bloodfin, which at the hight of SWG was the second most active server and there are now month old post still on the first page and half the posts are complaining about how baren the servers are.

Yes the game is dying, or rather, has been dying since the CU and/or NGE.

I Reject your Reality and Substitute it with My Own!