Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IGN to discuss SWTOR in 13 mins on e3.ign.com site

on the sites Live Channel

It may just be showing the same stuff from yesterday, maybe not. 

Comments

• TrobonTrobon Member Posts: 300

Its on now

Nothing new here. The only thing of note is them saying that star ships will have other features they are not talking about yet. Some people may think combat. Personally, I am guessing features like crafting or something else. Time will tell.

• TarkaTarka Member Posts: 1,662

For those who missed it:  you didn't miss anything.  They just spoke about the warzones and ships.  same info we had before.

But they did infer that theres more to ships that what they're telling us.  But they can't discuss it yet.

Originally posted by Tarka

For those who missed it:  you didn't miss anything.  They just spoke about the warzones and ships.  same info we had before.

But they did infer that theres more to ships that what they're telling us.  But they can't discuss it yet.

LOL did you notice that the interview wasn't even as long as the trailer. image

yeah, it was kind of pathetic coverage from ign.

• Hendo0069Hendo0069 Member Posts: 213

Yeah, thats what happens when non-MMO fans do interviews. They will never press for answers on anything because they dont know shit about the game.

• storylessstoryless Member Posts: 158

They have shown us a lot at E3 - but nothing we had not heard about previously. In fact, SWTOR seems to have been deliberately de-emphasised at this trade show. No big reveals or surprises at all. Do you think they're holding anything back for a surprise launch towards the end of the show?

• Hendo0069Hendo0069 Member Posts: 213

Originally posted by storyless

They have shown us a lot at E3 - but nothing we had not heard about previously. In fact, SWTOR seems to have been deliberately de-emphasised at this trade show. No big reveals or surprises at all. Do you think they're holding anything back for a surprise launch towards the end of the show?

We can only hope that is the case, but I have my doubts.

Originally posted by storyless

Well, one thing is for sure, they confirmed that there is still quite a bit they haven't told us yet.  About ships, crafting, and other stuff.  But they won't be telling us much more than what we know before the end of the show.

Remember that SWTOR still has another 9 months or so before launch.  A lot can be implemented in that time, depending on how far along in development those elements are already.

My guess is that they are deliberately holding information about some elements back, in order to gauge the publics response to E3.

There's some more shows coming in the next few months (GDC etc) , so perhaps they are going to give more info at those?

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Well if you are looking for all the answers to your questions to be set in stone today then we will all be disappointed becuase that is not happening today. We have 9+ months to go until we see next spring and I'm sure by that time we will know just about everything. Patience my young padawans! :D

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Well if you are looking for all the answers to your questions to be set in stone today then we will all be disappointed becuase that is not happening today. We have 9+ months to go until we see next spring and I'm sure by that time we will know just about everything. Patience my young padawans! :D

Bah, I have been following this since back when it was just a roumer on the NWN forums.  I am running out of patience.

I think the big reveal for E3 is probably going to be a start date for Beta, certainly for an MMO this big they will surely want to start beta testing the starting zones soon.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by Kothoses

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Bah, I have been following this since back when it was just a roumer on the NWN forums.  I am running out of patience.

I think the big reveal for E3 is probably going to be a start date for Beta, certainly for an MMO this big they will surely want to start beta testing the starting zones soon.

Don't worry we'll be alright. It is an exciting time for the fans to be concerned about stuff. :)