Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RELEASE DATE: DECEMBER 31st 2010

DominisiDominisi Age of Conan CorrespondentMember Posts: 95

Comments

• TrobonTrobon Member Posts: 300

They have already said Spring 2011. Most likely this is just a random release date that was put on there to give people and estimate.

• demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438

LIIIEEESSS!

• PurpleCliffPurpleCliff Member UncommonPosts: 156

It isn't before Spring 2011. Do you trust BioWare or G4TV?

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

Originally posted by Dominisi

http://e3.g4tv.com/games/pc/61502/star-wars-the-old-republic/index/

Early leak?

Good job G4!

In all likelyhood that date is there as its the latest it can be without falling into Q1 2011 and, at least the old estimates, were that the game would release in Q4 2010. 

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

Of course none of this mentions that Dec. 31 is a Friday and games tend to release on Tuesdays, but there's more than enough evidence without that anyway.

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

Originally posted by Trobon

Of course none of this mentions that Dec. 31 is a Friday and games tend to release on Tuesdays, but there's more than enough evidence without that anyway.

Everyone always forgets about Tuesday.

• shamus252shamus252 Member UncommonPosts: 226

BioWare stated today at E3 Spring 2011.

Sic semper tyrannis "Democracy broke down, not when the Union
    ceased to be agreeable to all its constituent States, but when it was upheld, like any other Empire, by force of arms."

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

No way. 6 months away, and beta hasn't even started, or even announced when it would start.

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

new years eve?

not a chance in hell

Originally posted by brostyn

No way. 6 months away, and beta hasn't even started, or even announced when it would start.

Well that's in part because it is actually more than 6 months away.

Originally posted by madeux

Everyone always forgets about Tuesday.

True story. People don't pay the Tuesday release its proper due when release dates are put on webpages like that.

• slashbeastslashbeast Member Posts: 533

Take anything you hear or read at G4TV with a grain of salt.

• SelenicaSelenica Member Posts: 183

Last day of the year? Sounds like a placeholder release date. Good job G4 for being as stupid as Gamestop..

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Originally posted by shamus252

BioWare stated today at E3 Spring 2011.

Agreed.  It struck me at the time is they are likely countering Blizzards pattern of releasing 2 months after competition, as a way of pulling back subscribers.  Its not likely that Blizzard would wait for spring-summer 2011, so it seems to be a wise move.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Bioware said themselves on multiple ocasions : SPRING 2011

• KorithianKorithian Member Posts: 243

I don't know when the game is going to come out. Even the Spring 2011 isn't a release date but a target date one that could easily be moved depending on the state of the game and how testing goes and the state of the market.

What I really hope is that the game is released before cataclysm and long enough infront to win people over so that when WoW gets its revamp people aren't tempted to try it out as something to do while they wait for ToR. Cause from what I've seen and read if the new starting zones are as fun as they seem it could well encourage people to stick with it. Now as everyone know Blizzard aren't stupid and even as a non WoW fan or player (currently) with 2 new races and opening up of classes for other races I could well be tempted. One of the biggest turn offs over and above the poor graphics (which I understand are getting a bit of a revamp) and lack of customisation choice is that everyone and their dog thats been playing the game has tier 10 gear and I would find it very hard to get into a group. Now if there are new races and new combos there is a good chance that there will be a fresh injection of new characters (maybe players as well) so I will have people to run the lower level instances and PvP with to work my way up to Tier 10 gear.

And I'm really not a WoW fan boy and if ToR is out I don't think I would even give it a look. So I am sure that plenty of people that maybe ex wow players that are waiting on ToR may also be tempted to give it a second look while waiting and then there is always the risk of getting sucked back in. Not cause its really a better game but cause you got friends there and while only intended to play it while waiting on ToR you then get hooked and ToR doesn't get the massive launch it needs just cause WoW beat it to the punch.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with the release date but... games release on Fridays in Europe.

• storylessstoryless Member Posts: 158

Originally posted by Kabaal

I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with the release date but... games release on Fridays in Europe.

Maybe, but why would they release it seven days after Christmas, the premier toy and game buying season of the year?

Originally posted by storyless

Maybe, but why would they release it seven days after Christmas, the premier toy and game buying season of the year?

My comment was on games supposedly only releasing on Tuesdays and i've no interest in trying to back up reasons for it to be released on the 31st Dec. The game will be here when it's here as far as i'm concerned.

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

/facepalm

The official website has said Spring 2011 for a couple months now.  Bioware folks at E3 on frickin live G4TV talking to a frickin G4 host have said Spring 2011.

• storylessstoryless Member Posts: 158

My comment was on games supposedly only releasing on Tuesdays and i've no interest in trying to back up reasons for it to be released on the 31st Dec. The game will be here when it's here as far as i'm concerned.

No, no. I wasn't having a poke at you. I was just generally questioning the 31st Dec release date.

No, no. I wasn't having a poke at you. I was just generally questioning the 31st Dec release date.

In that case, the only conceivable reason i can think of is to try and push it out for the January sales happening. I don't know about wherever you live, but here in the UK the city centres and stores are jam packed with people from the 27th Dec to mid Jan.

I'm more inclined to think that it's a false date but there is a lot of money to be made in the aftermath of Christmas and any company in their right mind would try to get a slice of that.

• AmorienAmorien Member Posts: 142

sorry man i heard spring of 2011 also.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

If they were going to release it that close to christmas it would most likely be before, not after the money making holiday.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by Sebali

new years eve?

not a chance in hell

Actually it is an inititive between Bioware and M.A.D.D.

Sell folks these games on New years Eve, and they stay home playing rather than going out drunk driving.

Granted the NCAA is poised to file an injunction due to folks gonna be missing out on bowl games. Not to mention all the bars/Budweiser formally protesting(and some dancers going hungry that week).

As we have made a habit of staying home for about 15 yrs now, it will be nice to have something to do :P

This is obviously a joke....for the dense folks out there. 

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.