Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

G4 screwup SWTOR demo?

I know it was pushed back a little, but even when the new start time arrived it didn't show at all on G4's website.

I know IGN's live schedule on youtube suggests TOR coverage tomorrow ( http://www.youtube.com/e3 ), but is G4 and IGN working on the same schedule?

Comments

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

I have no idea - I'm just trying to find the 30 min gameplay demo anywhere :/

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Its not supposed to be streamed but LIVE on G4TV not G4tv.com. I'm sure they'll post the Demo online after airing.

• TarkaTarka Member Posts: 1,662

Originally posted by ABRaquel

Its not supposed to be streamed but LIVE on G4TV not G4tv.com. I'm sure they'll post the Demo online after airing.

Ah, that could explain things. 

• ConverseSCConverseSC Member Posts: 572

Charter moved G4 off basic cable, so I'm screwed.

I hate cable companies.

Originally posted by Tarka

Lol indeed... should be on YouTube sooner or later ;) I love how any site related to TOR has gone down... the official site, down.  The 'number 1 unofficial TOR news source', darthhater.com, down.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

• PaulehPauleh Member UncommonPosts: 78

It was on G4 Live about 2 hours ago.

Originally posted by DeaconX

Lol indeed... should be on YouTube sooner or later ;) I love how any site related to TOR has gone down... the official site, down.  The 'number 1 unofficial TOR news source', darthhater.com, down.

Even the official site has been up and down like a Brides Nightie all day.

@Pauleh:  I dont live in the states, I didn't realise they meant on TV, as opposed to live coverage on their website. XD

Originally posted by Pauleh

It was on G4 Live about 2 hours ago.

Would you be kind enough to give a rundown of the bigger reveals, if any at all? I mean it was supposed to be 30 mins, there had to be something more than the same old info... least I hope...

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

You can go here and just fast forward to SWTOR, I'd say it's about 40 minutes in or so:

http://www.justin.tv/spack_e32010/b/265324784

A summary:

* They showed spaceships, which we saw the inside of. Pretty big, very reminiscent of KOTOR and Mass Effect ships. Though they said nothing on whether we'll do any space combat or even space exploration with them. They did say it works like Ebon Hawk does, if I recall correctly. Seeing the interiors, I somehow doubt it'll be more than a Mass Effect-like experience. (I'm still good with that, did not     

* They showed group play, where Trooper was the tank (ranged tanking, btw!) and a JC healed. JK was dealing with adds, so I'm thinking he was DPS. They said there are several classes that could be used as tank. They mentioned you couldn't do this encounter if you soloed, it required a group. 

* They showed how the SI started out on Korriban, with a female SI. (I thought the environments looked beautiful.)

• SyrikSyrik Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by solarine

You can go here and just fast forward to SWTOR, I'd say it's about 40 minutes in or so:

A summary:

* They showed spaceships, which we saw the inside of. Pretty big, very reminiscent of KOTOR and Mass Effect ships. Though they said nothing on whether we'll do any space combat or even space exploration with them. They did say it works like Ebon Hawk does, if I recall correctly. Seeing the interiors, I somehow doubt it'll be more than a Mass Effect-like experience. (I'm still good with that, did not     

* They showed group play, where Trooper was the tank (ranged tanking, btw!) and a JC healed. JK was dealing with adds, so I'm thinking he was DPS. They said there are several classes that could be used as tank. They mentioned you couldn't do this encounter if you soloed, it required a group. 

* They showed how the SI started out on Korriban, with a female SI. (I thought the environments looked beautiful.)

/bow

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516

They also talked a little bit about pvp, that there was pvp gear and that gear would make a difference in a fight.  But that this was a world where jedi and sith are everywhere so they aren't like 1000 times more powerful than anyone else.   They also mentioned that it would be shipping in spring of 2011

By the way, here are two short videos I came across today, one about player ships and the other armor progression - I don't know where they came from but they were up on Youtube before the G4TV demo:

Player ships:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4BzUDdMXzI

Bounty Hunter armor progression: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mdNm86CreY

• YunbeiYunbei Member Posts: 898

Yeah I remember them saying something about 30 min gameplay too. So, where is it?

?__?

A summary:

Thank you!

Originally posted by DeaconX

A summary:

Thank you!

Heh, DeaconX, you're always the man with the news - happy to be of help to you for once! :)

Sounds like they showed the vid that was posted on massively.com a few hours ago:

http://www.massively.com/2010/06/15/bioware-discuss-swtor-player-ships-group-gameplay-and-pvp-at-e3/

(direct Youtube link for the vid:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUhROwBsHWY  )

Personally, I was expecting everyone to start with tiny fighters and work up to the larger ones, not start out with "Ebon Hawk" size ships.  However, I suppose it makes sense if you think of them more as storage areas for the players and their companions (like in KOTOR) than actual pilot-able ships.  Think of them like static caravans XD.

• YunbeiYunbei Member Posts: 898

Originally posted by Syrik

A summary:

/bow

Starts at 00:41.

Gawd who is that dumb as straw woman? "Will PVP be group based or will it be solo?" HELLOOO? Since when can PVP be SOLO? Who the heck is selecting those interviewers?

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Sounds like they showed the vid that was posted on massively.com a few hours ago:

http://www.massively.com/2010/06/15/bioware-discuss-swtor-player-ships-group-gameplay-and-pvp-at-e3/

(direct Youtube link for the vid:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUhROwBsHWY  )

Personally, I was expecting everyone to start with tiny fighters and work up to the larger ones, not start out with "Ebon Hawk" size ships.  However, I suppose it makes sense if you think of them more as storage areas for the players and their companions (like in KOTOR) than actual pilot-able ships.  Think of them like static caravans XD.

Thanks for the links.

The ships are cool but I don't want to be flying SSV Normandy nor a capitol ship. Give us a damn good small Tie-Fighter / X-Wing like ship.

@0:41 notice the crafting station on the right

@0:56  /facepalm: once again useless display of an ignited lightsaber, or was it a glowing walking stick?

• VoltlivesVoltlives Member Posts: 280

Finally, game play.  It was alright, i do like the concept of a ranged tank.  The storyline advances while in your craft on travels is also a smart idea.  Enjoy your story line away from the nekid dancing twilek begging for credits by the bank.  I'm all for it!  It's enough for me to consider trying it, not bad.

END OF LINE_

~V

Originally posted by Voltlives

Finally, game play.  It was alright, i do like the concept of a ranged tank.  The storyline advances while in your craft on travels is also a smart idea.  Enjoy your story line away from the nekid dancing twilek begging for credits by the bank.  I'm all for it!  It's enough for me to consider trying it, not bad.

END OF LINE_

~V

SWTOR is shaping up to truely be KOTOR3 with MMO features.  So if you liked the KOTOR games, then its certainly worth trying I think.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,179

Watched it in HD and the in-game character models and animations are looking good, though the inquisitor flashpoint I felt didn't look great to me.  Otherwise, I enjoyed the information, the game seems to be shaping up nicely.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Video JUST came on, on G4TV, talking about the basic info right now.

Can invite people to come into your ship and see what you did.

Sure looks like you can change the weight and muscle of your character in addition to other features for character customization.

BH armor looks pretty boring at low levels, and seems to look a ton better as you upgrade your items.

Break.  Says pvp and combat when they are back.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

So it is as we suspected.  Ships are stagnate.  Just a place of operations like they were in KoToR.    Space flight is all on rails.   Most likely cutscenes showing take off and landings.    ::sigh::

Originally posted by Teala

So it is as we suspected.  Ships are stagnate.  Just a place of operations like they were in KoToR.    Space flight is all on rails.   Most likely cutscenes showing take off and landings.    ::sigh::

?  It's basically your house.  So there is a bunch of RP value in that itself, in addition to be able to customize it in thousands of ways.

I haven't seen the entire video, so I haven't seen if it says that is true that it's just a loading screen.

Wait a second!? "Group play is encouraged, and some things you will need a group to conqueror.  Without a group, they most likely could not do this part of the game."

Looks like the "force using" jedi/sith can be the main healer.

But just mentioned Several classes can be a main healer. Several classes can be a tank.

"Thousands and thousands" of pieces of gear.  PvP gear for pvp oriented people.