Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta testing posposed to June 14th, I wanted to play today!

patshirpatshir Member Posts: 114

In the site of the game it is stated that the download of the beta client starting supposedly today will be posposed to June 14th, this doesn't speaks well of the company and we can surely expect more delays on the future.

Comments

• kinzokukinzoku Member Posts: 29

Would you rather have old character models and animations or brand new ones in 2 weeks? >_>

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Originally posted by patshir

In the site of the game it is stated that the download of the beta client starting supposedly today will be posposed to June 14th, this doesn't speaks well of the company and we can surely expect more delays on the future.

How on EARTH is that a bad thing? I highly commend developers who choose to postpone a release stage instead of releasing a product that they're not comfortable with releasing. How many unfinished MMO's have had dismal existences thanks to being released in unfinished forms? Perhaps there's no better example than Vanguard. It has a pathetic player base due to the pathetic state it was released in. If Vanguard was a polished product I'd probably be playing it now instead of typing this.

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Originally posted by patshir

You've like...never...played an MMO before have you?

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Yeah this made me laugh as well as  a Mmorpg vet,a 2 week delay is actually too good two be true i've held on for upto year for other titles but as other posters state i'm assuming you are new to this also it's a beta you test it  if we get to actually being able to play this well i'll be bloody impressed, i cite Craft of Gods as a example of when to keep the game in the oven for a month or two.

p>
  • patshirpatshir Member Posts: 114

It is June 14th 5:40 pm  east time and still no link to download the client, expect more delays, a wise thing should be not to state a release date till you already have the thing ready to download.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Well, if you're going to delay something, at least do it before the day it's supposed to be released.

Of course this is beta, but the logic still applies seeing as they've let anyone and everyone into beta it seems.

• tilo430tilo430 Member Posts: 3

not like you paid for the game or anything. even wow has long downtime at times, and i expected for a long wait and they even stated they didnt really have a set time for when it will be out for everyone, i mean its a beta test expect things like this.

Originally posted by tilo430

not like you paid for the game or anything. even wow has long downtime at times, and i expected for a long wait and they even stated they didnt really have a set time for when it will be out for everyone, i mean its a beta test expect things like this.

If a company states that  a beta client will be released or a game will hit retail by a certain date, that company should be obligated to release the product as scheduled.  If not, it is bad business practices for a game to suffer delays which go unannounced until the day of the supposed release.  Given that this is an Indy game, the developers are already fighting an uphill battle to convince players to try their product, and constant delays and broken promises from a game not even ready for release may be looked at as a bad sign by many people.

After all, how many Indy MMORPGs can you say do not have a bad reputation?

This "not like you paid for the game" business will soon turn into "well, it is an Indy game!"  Defending bad business practices is never a good thing.

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

It's a beta.  If it was the actual release, I could see there being a problem, but since it is beta, there is no obligation to the "consumer".

Originally posted by junzo316

It's a beta.  If it was the actual release, I could see there being a problem, but since it is beta, there is no obligation to the "consumer".

Actually, the beta testing phase is the perfect time to decide whether or not one finds a game worth a purchase or the company worth funding, and I'm not even talking about the plethora of individuals who use beta tests as nothing more than a free trial.

and for the third time, delaying the release of the beta is one thing, but doing it on the day of supposed release is quite a different story.

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

It's a beta. There is no playing. There is only bug testing.

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."