Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ban from MO Forums mean banned from game also

Evolution8Evolution8 Member Posts: 128

Yea as the topic states, I got banned from the MO forums for whatever reason, argument with a fanboy that had a rep 50 next thing I know im banned forever from the forums, now I purchased the game back lastyear and played beta tell about January 2010, do they have the right to ban me from the game aswell, I can't get into the beta says username/password invalid, so i assume they banned my entire account even though it says active on the main Mortal website, any ideas?

Comments

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

If the accounts page says you are active you should be able to log in.

If the server is down:  which i believe it is now. . it will tell you that your username / password is wrong.  This is most likely what is causeing you the problem

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

If the accounts page says you are active you should be able to log in.

If the server is down:  which i believe it is now. . it will tell you that your username / password is wrong.  This is most likely what is causeing you the problem

This.  "incorrect user name and password" could mean the server is down, that message shows for everyone, and servers have been down pretty frequently.

No direct experience, but for at least one person  a forum ban did not result in a game ban.

• BesttheiswowBesttheiswow Member Posts: 301

Server is down alot so says incorrect user and pass to everyone..

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

Highly doubt you're banned in game, if that was the fact that would be pretty severe.

• ZheomZheom Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by Evolution8

Yea as the topic states, I got banned from the MO forums for whatever reason, argument with a fanboy that had a rep 50 next thing I know im banned forever from the forums, now I purchased the game back lastyear and played beta tell about January 2010, do they have the right to ban me from the game aswell, I can't get into the beta says username/password invalid, so i assume they banned my entire account even though it says active on the main Mortal website, any ideas?

well if u want to know if they got right to ban u.. yes, in almost every MMO u play EULA says they can ban you without reason at anytime but they wont do it.

in your case: "username/password invalid" most likely means server is down.. this is the message im getting atm also. so dont worry about that, just try again later.

• ChinaCatChinaCat Member UncommonPosts: 670

That's disconcerting.    I recall reading your posts about feeling MO wasn't even close to ready even to beta test in any enjoyable manner and your guild was looking forward to some other games; like "RIFT" which actually inspired me to check that game out and I like what I see there.   Is that you?

-CC

"Lately it occurs to me,
    what a long, strange trip it's been". -Hunter

• FreedomBladeFreedomBlade Member UncommonPosts: 281

Please note : Your forum account and game account are not the same thing. YOU ARE NOT BANNED FROM THE GAME.

If you think otherwise then you are wrong. 

The log in server is up and down and you have just tried to log in when it was down.

Move along nothing to see here. 

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

Please listen carefully as I'll only say this once:

When the MO server is down and you try to log in, you get the message: "Invalid Username/password"

This does not mean you have done anything wrong, it only means the server is down.

Bad error messages are bad.

(This message will self destruct in 30 seconds)

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Isn't there some kind of server status mechanism?  Doesn't  the launcher tell you that the servers are offline or online?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• LastChimeLastChime Member Posts: 107

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Isn't there some kind of server status mechanism?  Doesn't  the launcher tell you that the servers are offline or online?

It's a work in progress, until they get something cobbled together, there is a thread on the beta forums.

• Evolution8Evolution8 Member Posts: 128

Yes China Cat, that was me, and thats the reason i got banned, Rift is still the game im looking forward too, but I pre-ordered MO back in block A, so i may aswell try it out at release, good to hear you like Rift, game should be amazing, look forward to seeing you there

Originally posted by ChinaCat

That's disconcerting.    I recall reading your posts about feeling MO wasn't even close to ready even to beta test in any enjoyable manner and your guild was looking forward to some other games; like "RIFT" which actually inspired me to check that game out and I like what I see there.   Is that you?

-CC

Read above post :)

Originally posted by HanoverZ

[snipped because I don't have an axe to grind with a game]

You felt the need to expand your post?   Was it not angry enough before?

To people looking for the server status thread, it's stickied in the "Beta - General" subforum on MO's forum.

• ChinaCatChinaCat Member UncommonPosts: 670

Yes China Cat, that was me, and thats the reason i got banned, Rift is still the game im looking forward too, but I pre-ordered MO back in block A, so i may aswell try it out at release, good to hear you like Rift, game should be amazing, look forward to seeing you there

I'm seriously shocked that you would get banned for that post.   All you said was that MO wasn't in the condition you  feel comfortable bringing your guild to and mentioned other games you are interesed in.   The folks at Star Vault always struck me as being very reasonable people.   I'm surprised.

Yes, thanks for turning me on to RIFT.   It's definately on my watch list now -)

-CC

"Lately it occurs to me,
    what a long, strange trip it's been". -Hunter

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Originally posted by LastChime

It's a work in progress, until they get something cobbled together, there is a thread on the beta forums.

Is this something planned to be fixed in the next 1 day and 20hrs?  Or are they going to launch with nothing to tell players the server is up/down except a stickied thread where players self-report server status?

I imagine there will be a launch day patch.. is this planned to be addressed at that point?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Behold the bandwagon.

I'm seriously shocked that you would get banned for that post.   All you said was that MO wasn't in the condition you  feel comfortable bringing your guild to and mentioned other games you are interesed in.   The folks at Star Vault always struck me as being very reasonable people.   I'm surprised.

Yes, thanks for turning me on to RIFT.   It's definately on my watch list now -)

-CC

Yea the email they sent me showed my post and the reason for the ban was "Attempting to Bash and influence members of Mortal Online not to play, Giving false information and or attempt to creat a flame thread" rofl You have been banned from this Forum-Time ban Lifted-Never

Nice people huh lol

• zephar123zephar123 Member UncommonPosts: 70

-CC

Yea the email they sent me showed my post and the reason for the ban was "Attempting to Bash and influence members of Mortal Online not to play, Giving false information and or attempt to creat a flame thread" rofl You have been banned from this Forum-Time ban Lifted-Never

Nice people huh lol

Unbelievable, I am glad I saw the hand writing on wall. This company is clearly a bunch of jerks. I have seen far worse statements in many mmorpgs without a ban.Irronically half statements I see some of fanboys make should deserve a ban far more then this.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by zephar123

-CC

Nice people huh lol

Unbelievable, I am glad I saw the hand writing on wall. This company is clearly a bunch of jerks. I have seen far worse statements in many mmorpgs without a ban.Irronically half statements I see some of fanboys make should deserve a ban far more then this.

With launch, and it's inevitable failure, rapidly approaching they are counting on those fanbois to keep them afloat in Mountain Dew and Cheetos.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

-CC

Nice people huh lol

With launch, and it's inevitable failure, rapidly approaching they are counting on those fanbois to keep them afloa tin Mountain Dew and Cheetos.

Or maybe SV is getting tired of some of the constant and repetitive criticism at MO when it is still in Beta ?

Maybe that is why he was banned ..you never know ...50/50 chance ?

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

Originally posted by bcrankshaw

With launch, and it's inevitable failure, rapidly approaching they are counting on those fanbois to keep them afloa tin Mountain Dew and Cheetos.

Or maybe SV is getting tired of some of the constant and repetitive criticism at MO when it is still in Beta ?

yeah, they trolled and flamed the MO forums just like they're flaming the game here.  They go to the forums, whine and rage about how evil SV is, then whine and rage SOME MORE when SV decides they don't want these people on their forums.

Who expects SV to really put up with this kind of crap?  Would you let some troll call your entire customer base stupid repeatedly?

edit:  If you go through the MO forums, you will see A LOT of dissenting posts, threads, etc.  There is relatively little moderation in MO's forums, and I've seen the typical "someone hates the game, sticks around for months anyway" poster keep making posts for months.  I find it hard to believe that these particular posters were somehow singled out despite their supposedly acceptable behavior.  In other words, it takes a lot to get banned from MO's forums.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Originally posted by funkmastaD

yeah, they trolled and flamed the MO forums just like they're flaming the game here.  They go to the forums, whine and rage about how evil SV is, then whine and rage SOME MORE when SV decides they don't want these people on their forums.

Who expects SV to really put up with this kind of crap?  Would you let some troll call your entire customer base stupid repeatedly?

edit:  If you go through the MO forums, you will see A LOT of dissenting posts, threads, etc.  There is relatively little moderation in MO's forums, and I've seen the typical "someone hates the game, sticks around for months anyway" poster keep making posts for months.  I find it hard to believe that these particular posters were somehow singled out despite their supposedly acceptable behavior.  In other words, it takes a lot to get banned from MO's forums.

I think there's a reasonable amount of trolling on any game forum, and MO is no exception from this. Whether or not they allow some dissention isn't really the issue here, it's what they really choose to hide that is more telling about how they operate. Right now, there's another thread (the last ones have been closed) about the unethical business practices that SV is trying to engage in. I'll link it shortly. But if it gets deleted/closed, I think that is far more indicative of the way they run their community, to shield the truth and hide their unethical behavior, than it ever would be to badmouth the game.

Here's the link -- let's see how long it stays up this time.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/43831-warning-auto-subscription-renewal-w-out-permission.html

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Aren't the fanboys ashamed to still say "it's BETA" ?? It's 1 day from launch, ffs!

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Originally posted by WraithHunter

Aren't the fanboys ashamed to still say "it's BETA" ?? It's 1 day from launch, ffs!

Well, tomorrow that excuse is not really going to hold up so I think it's best to let them enjoy the one more day they can do it officially.

Originally posted by HerculesSAS

Originally posted by funkmastaD

I think there's a reasonable amount of trolling on any game forum, and MO is no exception from this. Whether or not they allow some dissention isn't really the issue here, it's what they really choose to hide that is more telling about how they operate. Right now, there's another thread (the last ones have been closed) about the unethical business practices that SV is trying to engage in. I'll link it shortly. But if it gets deleted/closed, I think that is far more indicative of the way they run their community, to shield the truth and hide their unethical behavior, than it ever would be to badmouth the game.

Here's the link -- let's see how long it stays up this time.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/43831-warning-auto-subscription-renewal-w-out-permission.html

I never said it's a beta.  And you're really suprised that a repeat thread is getting deleted?   Isn't that what moderators do with 100% repeated threads? 

edit:  and what if the thread gets locked, but not deleted?  Is that still SV silencing the issue?