Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF No Magic MMORPG

axylfyreaxylfyre Member Posts: 33

LF MMORPG without magic in it.  I don't want any spells, casting, elemental aspects period.  I like good PvE, PvP.  It can be either F2P or P2P, Beta.  It should have exploration in it, if at all possible. I know this is a tall order to fill, i would just like alittle bit of help seeing if this exists out there.

Comments

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Originally posted by axylfyre

LF MMORPG without magic in it.  I don't want any spells, casting, elemental aspects period.  I like good PvE, PvP.  It can be either F2P or P2P, Beta.  It should have exploration in it, if at all possible. I know this is a tall order to fill, i would just like alittle bit of help seeing if this exists out there.

Hmmm so you want a LARPG simulator? Try Mount & Blade, the very best for your kind. Just be warned, there are no furry woodland creatures or mythical beast to slay either.....I guess that comes with wanting to play a MMO with no magic to taint your experience. Good luck with your game of choice.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Fallen Earth has no magic. It DOES have mutation based powers that look like magic. The animations are pretty low-key compared to most MMORPGs though.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• axylfyreaxylfyre Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by Ramonski7

Hmmm so you want a LARPG simulator? Try Mount & Blade, the very best for your kind.

I'm not sure what you mean by that to be honest.

• ChamaroChamaro Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by Ramonski7

Hmmm so you want a LARPG simulator?

Even LARP'ers have magic these days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ04mfAY2BU

On Topic, he means Live Action Role Player (Game?) as in realistic 'medieval' type of game with all the swords and shield but no fantasy creatures nor magic. And yes, Mount & Blade falls in that category and it's awesome aswell... Though it's a multiplayer game not an MMORPG.

What type of genre are you interrested in? I can't think of any fantasy mmorpg without magic. Magic is part of the 'fantasy'.

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

No magic in Eve..

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
  • A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

APB

• Off the top of my head:

Star Wars Galaxies

Fallen Earth

Anarchy Online

A Tale in the Desert

Pirates of the Burning Sea

hmmm, that's about it for released games still operating, feel like I'm missing a couple....

Knew I was missing a couple:

Eve - someone already mentioned

Star Trek Online

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

Originally posted by Mortemia

APB

APB is more of an Action shooter with MMO aspects. 2 pretty big cities to explore,and a social district

(not NDA breaking as this is already been revealed). Only other thing I can say is that its Hella fun.

I am looking for mmorpg from any genre actually, not just fantasy.

• ChamaroChamaro Member Posts: 16

The list of mmorpg's without magic is pretty huge as it qualifies almost all of the non-fantasy mmorpg's and perhaps a few fantasy aswell. Are you able to be a bit more specific in what you are searching for in a mmorpg?

It's hard to vouch for any mmorpg 'just because there's no magic involved', most mmo's aren't comparable with eachother and have their own playstyles and learning curves.

- PvE/ PvP ratio, hardly any games that excel in both.

- Sandbox / Themepark (hate these words but yea.. )

- Casual or 'hardcore' type of playing

- Open world / Instanced

- Group or solo focussed

- Etc.

I can only vouch for EVE Online and Fallen Earth, both are great (and still improving) Sci-Fi mmorpg's.. Just not sure if you like it aswell.

Edit: Seeing as you have spent a lot of time in Unreal Tournament and some in GTA, perhaps Global Agenda or All Points Bulletin as mentioned before suits you better.

I really enjoy PvE, and some PvP also.

-'hardcore' type of playing

I like either Open world / Instanced

I can go with either- Group or solo focussed

I have tried Fallen Earth, didnt really appeal to me later in the game.  I have tried CrimeCraft, which is like APB, its ok.  I do enjoy crafting items, and grinding actually appeals to me.  I dont mind alittle bit of combat, or PVP.

I want a character driven game also, not so much flying around in a space ship, really building a character.

Originally posted by Chamaro

The list of mmorpg's without magic is pretty huge as it qualifies almost all of the non-fantasy mmorpg's and perhaps a few fantasy aswell.

Could you elaborate on this some more?

Does such a game not exist?  If not, that's ok.

• LeathelLeathel Member Posts: 57

Just curious on the reason of not wanting? Religious views or other?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Does such a game not exist?  If not, that's ok.

Er, look at the thread replies, people have provided you several choices.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Not religious..i just dont like magic.  I like illusionist (sleight of hand) but not conjuring or casting spells.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Anarchy Online has no magic. Does have nano-tech that can look a little like spells. But no magic.

Global Agenda has no magic...lasers and robots. I thought it was very well done for a multiplayer online game when it came out. It had character development a little, but was lacking any open world and other MMO features. I get emails that sounds like they added this with the 'Sandstorm' expansion, but I don't know the details.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• wolvi57wolvi57 Member Posts: 6

you should try 4story. easy gameplay and layout makes the game fun and easy to control. graphics are good and there is very little lag the thing is that it is free to play , pay to win. this game circulates around real $$. if you dont got it, you're screwed. its really fun, great people, lots of quests and monsters, but it is going to be difficult without real life $$

BOOKS FTW

4 story has a "nation of magic" which is exactly what i am not looking for.  anarchy online wont work on my computer, but ty for the suggestion

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

EVE Online, perhaps. Ships though, but toons are incoming with the Incarna expansion, whenever that will be. Hopefully this year.

Aye that will indeed be an interesting addition to EVE, which i will try when it comes!  I am currently trying out Entropia Universe.  I tried out APB, but it seems so shallow, deep customization, but as far as deep action, its not there.

i was just curious to see of anyone has found any more games of this type?  I've been playing Age of Armor, and trying Perpetuum, but getting bored with that type.  I want something with more than just PvE mob killing.

I know this thread is almost dead, but i have come across more magic research.  Star Wars "The force" is based on a Mexican socerer.  Thats where Lucas got the inspiration for it.  This is for future reference.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Star Wars was always about Magic when talking about the Force, but then again any sufficiently high enough level of technology will look like magic to a primative.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon