Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight: Game on Mac: Torchlight Giveaway

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Our sister site Game on Mac is giving away five copies of the Mac version of Runic Games' smash hit dungeon crawler Torchlight on Steam. All you have to do is sign up and enter to win, that's it! The contest will be running from June 4 through June 9, with a random drawing to be held at 9PM EST on June 9.

Much like our contests here at MMORPG.com, logging into your Game on Mac account each day increases your chances of winning.

Head on over here to sign up and enter the contest!

Comments

• teddy_bareteddy_bare Member UncommonPosts: 398

LAME!!!

I've been eyeing that game up for the last week or two, and I would like to get, it's just I have soo many games on my shelf that I want to finish that I don't want to spend anymore money just to add another game to the que

That being said, I got excited when I saw the post about a Torchlight giveaway, I would most definitely like a free copy of it! Then I saw it was the Mac version...Really, Mac...Games? How bout a Windows version? That'd be cool.

• xwolf540xwolf540 Member UncommonPosts: 37

Mac makes me lol

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

Who buys a Mac to play games, heh. And doesn't Steam still have issues with Mac's, seeing as it was just recently launched for Macs? Odd give-away to say the least. Why not just do a Redhat give-away, or a Chrome OS one, :P.

• atlantis1982atlantis1982 Member Posts: 9

Since this is for Steam, couldn't you able to get this game and still play it on your PC with the Steam Play feature?

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

This is not a sweepstakes on MMORPG.com - this is for another site in our network - GameOnMac - so it is pretty relevant that it is for the Mac OS only image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

No need for a contest even, they should just give the game away to all five people who play video games on Mac.

Also, I guess no one informed them that any game on Steam that has Steam Play can be played on both Mac and PC, you can't even buy a Mac version on Steam, it'll just work for both platforms (unless Steam has a way of preventing people from playing on a certain platform, which would kind of defeat the purpose anyway.)

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

I wouldn't own a mac if you paid me to.  Apple wants to control the content you see, sorry as bad as Microsoft sometimes gets, they just don't do that.   I laugh at anyone fool enough to buy an Apple product, they don't know they are just one of the lemmings.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    Apple's unwillingness to simply allow flash player on Mac OS insead of insisting you must you their media player and format is silly. They really need to yeild in that area come to terms their software comes second to it.
  • xSagaixSagai Member CommonPosts: 94

LOL! At all the Apple haters. How is that Windows Mobile phone working for you as an all-in-one device? Oh that's right Microsoft just canned the head of that group. Wake up and realize Apple, Microsoft, Google... they are all the same, one is just unapologetic about it. My primary gaming system is a PC but I travel with a Mac; I run both WoW, HoN and CoD4 on max settings without a hiccup. Looking forward to some SC2 while on the road in the near future. Save up all that hate though, we'll see how you feel about Google in 5 years.

Good for Steam and Perfect World for realizing what Blizzard did a long time ago, there is an untouched revenue stream to be had.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

People are acting all dumbfounded like no developer ever makes games playable for the MAC. This isn't new people.

• AbdarAbdar Member UncommonPosts: 400

Odd that everyone is complaining about OS's and not the fact this game isn't anywhere near an MMO haha.

Ya apperently they are making into some sort of one.. but its not one right now so I'm not sure why this site is even talking about it. Not that I care really.. just saying..

• cascalheiracascalheira Member Posts: 2

So much hate about mac os x and so much mis information is kinda funny.

Over 8% of steams market is already mac, so its not just 5 people.

On Mac OS X Apple didn't try to limit any of the content you can see or any the software you can run. You should get your facts straight about that. 

Flash runs on Mac OS X since a long long time, and Apple never said anything against that. They don't allow it on the iPhone, and even if it still uses Mac OS, it's not a PC platform and we are talking about a PC OS. Get your facts straight.

• jokergulfjokergulf Member Posts: 71

Anyway....it's a fun game to just cut loose and kill the f'k outta everything that moves.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by cascalheira

So much hate about mac os x and so much mis information is kinda funny.

Over 8% of steams market is already mac, so its not just 5 people.

On Mac OS X Apple didn't try to limit any of the content you can see or any the software you can run. You should get your facts straight about that. 

Flash runs on Mac OS X since a long long time, and Apple never said anything against that. They don't allow it on the iPhone, and even if it still uses Mac OS, it's not a PC platform and we are talking about a PC OS. Get your facts straight.

Sorry Apple is all about restricting content where they can.  Sorry you can't resign yourself to that fact.

• cascalheiracascalheira Member Posts: 2

Ozmodan, just prove that is true about Mac OS X (again, not talking about iPhones and iPads), other way you are just talking for the sake of trolling.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Originally posted by Ozmodan

I wouldn't own a mac if you paid me to.  Apple wants to control the content you see, sorry as bad as Microsoft sometimes gets, they just don't do that.   I laugh at anyone fool enough to buy an Apple product, they don't know they are just one of the lemmings.

Because using a microsoft product is so rebels and off standard? :P

• rerednawrerednaw Member Posts: 23

I bought this game because I wanted to support the new company.  It's a decent solid title and will be my Diablo methadone until D3.  It was only $20. 

I'm suprised more people haven't picked it up.  It's a full game done by former Blizzard people (yes that's why the music sounds so familiar at times, same guy who did the Diablo music.)

Not to mention there have been at least 3 times I've seen this game for $5 through various promotions. 

Heck there's even a netbook version!