Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would you want from new mmos that you're not getting?

Comments

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Immersion.  World interactivity.  Overall design based around creating an MMO, not a single-player game with multiplayer options - this means dynamic and player-created content and ever-changing world.  (And I don't mean the "solo" vs "group" thing, i mean a story that's designed to have a thousand heroes, not one hero - a story where EVERYONE helps save the world, not each person on their own).  

I'd love to see an episode-based MMO where the world you log into play today, is completely different from the world that someone logs into play 2 months from now.  A game built this would also be able to take focus of grinding / level-cap based gameplay if done right.

(Simple example:  in the first episode you're defending a (massive) city from a siege by orcs.  there are quests and storylines based on this.  the episode lasts two months, after two months, there is a major event, the city is destroyed and then episode two, you're either living under the city as "the resistance" or are out in the woods -rebuilding.  any new people that join the game, join one of these places.  the content that existed in episode 1 is gone forever.  what matters is what you do NOW.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• pojungpojung Member Posts: 810

Originally posted by uquipu

I think few care about housing or displaying items. You are in a minority.
    You have no supporting evidence of this, much less its cause:effect.

Star Wars Galaxies was losing 10,000 subs a month.
    When? Careful again of cause:effect for 'why'?

Where were those people going?

WoW.
    ~> You don't know this. In fact, no one has a flipping clue. Consumers' specific migrations cannot be tracked.

What do I want in a game?

Fun.
    Sure, but this is a strawman. How does this relate to the rest of your post? Irrelivence.

How do you make a game fun? I don't know.

How do they make a good book? How do they make a good movie?

If you could figure those out, you'd be rich.
    Another strawman.

Your posts of late have been severely lacking in logical backing. Either that, or I've just happened to start noticing.

That is exactly right, and we're not saying NO to save WoW, because it is already a lost cause. We are saying NO to dissuade the next group of greedy suits who decide to emulate Blizzard and Cryptic, etc.
    We can prevent some of the future games from spewing this crap, but the sooner we start saying no, the better the results will be.
    So - Stand up, pull up your pants, and walk away.
    - MMO_Doubter

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675

Originally posted by VirusDancer

It has nothing to do with thinking one is elite or the like.  Carebears are carebears, they cry, they whine, they want everything to be easy mode, they want everything handed to them, etc.  They want all the reward for no risk.  It goes beyond the simple to PvP or not to PvP - the term applies so well to so many.

Sounds a lot like the so-called "hardcores" around here who spend all their time crying and whining that games don't cater to them, that nothing is good enough and everyone but them should stop playing.  Both sides have serious entitlement issues.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• NytakitoNytakito Member Posts: 381

Well, it'd sure be nice if my MMO could get me a new beer everytime I finish one.

But seriously..

I'd like to see some mix between sandbox and themepark.  I like persistant changable worlds (permanant change), player driven economies, ffa pvp (even full loot, so long as there is a good enough consequence system to prevent it turning into a world of gank).

At the same time, some instanced theme park style dungeons/events/PQ type things would be cool too.  Sometimes I just wanna login and do some quick stuff to kill time and don't want to necessarilly get into the 2nd job feel that some sandboxes can get to.

I think I'm pretty much done with games that involve 'levels', unfortunately I'll most likely have to deal with them indefinitely until another system proves better to the masses..

I'm also done with classes.  Just give me a ton of skills to choose from and mix and match as I please.

3rd person view only.. If I have to aim, crosshairs in 3rd person are perfectly acceptable.  1st person view is for FPS.

Genre.. doesn't matter, as long as the graphics and feel of the world are consistent with the theme, and good.  I'm sick of shit graphics out of MMO's, it doesn't have to be ultra real, but at the same time, I shouldn't feel like my Wii can pump out better graphics than an MMO on my PC.  DX10 has been out for a couple years now, DX11 is in Vista/7... Freakin' use it.

nVidia Physx, use it, if you're team can't figure it out, have them take some seminars from some CCP devs.

Animations... It's sad that the best most fluid animations are in a game approaching 7 years old.

Yeah, alot of my requirements are technical... But what can I say, I'm a developer.

"If I'd asked my customers what they wanted, they'd have said a faster horse." - Henry Ford

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Originally posted by uquipu.

More often than not, it's by getting very talented people with a vision,  whose motivation is the creation / promotion of the art form rather than financial gain.

Unlikely.  More often than not, authors of great books live and die in poverty and amazing filmmakers can barely scrape together the money to make their next project.  Of course there are exceptions, but so there are in games (EVE).

When I took writing in university, the very first thing our professor said was "In this country, an average writer makes $15,000 / year writing.  If you're looking for a lucrative career, do something else."

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Originally posted by VirusDancer

When stating that PVE games dominated subs, that ignores that most of those PVE games offer PVP in some form - either heavy or light.  Yes, they have their carebear populations...but they are not exclusively carebear games.

It's commonly understood in game development that PVE/singleplayer/coop is substantially more popular than PVP.  It's been true for years and years, and will continue to be true.

It becomes particularly apparent when you examine PVP-only games and compare them against No-PVP games.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• LeucrottaLeucrotta Member Posts: 679

Grouping, not for the sake to get the phat lootz but just group to group.

GW1 had it just about right before they introduced heroes.

Seems grouping gets watered down more and more in todays mmo. (or should it be called MSO already?)

Originally posted by arieste

Unlikely.  More often than not, authors of great books live and die in poverty and amazing filmmakers can barely scrape together the money to make their next project.  Of course there are exceptions, but so there are in games (EVE).

When I took writing in university, the very first thing our professor said was "In this country, an average writer makes $15,000 / year writing.  If you're looking for a lucrative career, do something else."

That's because the publishing industry in the U.S. is really, seriously screwed up.  The chances you'll get an advance of any kind are slim unless you're already a best-selling author and then, they'll throw money at you.  Writing isn't really a career these days, authors are expected to do a lot more than just produce books, they're expected to market, advertise and arrange all of their own book signings, interviews, etc., usually at their own expense.  Of course, none of this gets them paid any more money and what little they actually get out of the publishers per book has to be split with their agent, who takes a big chunk.

A self-publishing author can make a lot of money if their books are even moderately successful, but to be with one of the big publishing houses, you have to be a mega-hit to make a living at it.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more

• neosapienceneosapience Member Posts: 164

The things I want in an MMO will never be put into one. Developers don't make games for me, they make them for the masses. My demographic doesn't have enough $$$ attached to it so, the sad truth is, I'll never get to play an MMO I really like.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

-Player housing.  Always loved open world housing in AC1, as well as DAOC's special housing zone where you could decorate trophies, or shop for goods.

-Class epic quests.  Even EQ1 has stopped designing class epic quests, citing that it takes too much work and too much dev resources.  Lame excuse, class epic quests were something fun to strive for once you reach level cap.

-Realm vs Realm combat done right.  DAOC had the right ideas, the right design, and it worked.  Mythic then wrecked it upside down when they came out with Warhammer Online.  AoC also had its own siege combat issues, as if the company put it on the backburner and released a broken game.  Now just because some big games have failed to deliver, less games are coming out with good RvR design.  Would someone please just look at DAOC's RvR and give us what we'e been waiting for?

-DAOC's Realm Abilities design.  Farming honor points in WoW is only good for 1 thing, and that's gear.  It gets old after awhile when you're just farming gear to get better gear.  DAOC's realm abilities give you new things to use, new abilities, new spells.  It takes awhile to work your rank up but hardcore or casuals could work on it on their own pace without any problem.

-EQ's AA design. I know talents are popular these days, AA's give you a reason to keep exp & keep doing dungeon runs.  These days once I get the piece of gear I want from an instance, I find little incentive to keep going back to them.  If I could utilize exp to gain alternate advancement abilities, I would be doing them more often.  I don't want as many AA's as EQ has currently, but some would be nice.

-BIG world raid bosses.  Games seem to be steering away from contested raid content.  I'm fine with having majority of the raid content in instances.  But let things switch up a bit, put some world bosses that are worth doing, worth fighting over for, worth having guilds & factions fight all night over.

-Underwater content.  Why is everybody so afraid of underwater content?  DAOC had underwater done right.  There were under water mounts, they were cool too.  We've seen all there is to on land, in the air, and underground.  Let's get more underwater content please.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

Originally posted by neosapience

The things I want in an MMO will never be put into one. Developers don't make games for me, they make them for the masses. My demographic doesn't have enough $$$ attached to it so, the sad truth is, I'll never get to play an MMO I really like.

I've got the same problem, I'm not the lowest common denominator so I don't expect any developer to *EVER* make a game I want to play.  It just won't happen because my standards are too high.

However, unlike lots of people around here, I don't sit around and whine about it.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Originally posted by Amathe

This is not directed to old mmos, current ones or even ones we know are coming. The idea is, if a game development company were reading this thread for ideas on something totally new, or at least something that needs total improvement, what advice would you give them?

I will chip in my own idea (not to say no one ever thought of it but me lol). But try to make the thread about your own wishes and not the merits of mine. *wink*

Personally, I would like my avatar to seem less like a clothes rack and feel more "alive." He or she should sustain wounds, be subject to illness, grow older over time, perhaps need a shave or a haircut, and so on. Items should have weight, as they used to, and weight should have an effect. The more activity I engage in, the stronger I should become, not simply as a +10 stat bonus from an item.  Armor should look more weather beaten over time and with use. My character may sustain a permanent scar that has a story behind it.

I'm not wedded to one particular mechanic. But the overall effect I am looking for is an avatar that feels like a living person who needs care and benefits from it (or who suffers from neglect).

Anyway that's mine. What is yours?

I don't think I could have said that any better

• eisenryueisenryu Member Posts: 157

Br0000tal1ty! Seriously, a lot of MMOs lack that.

World of Warcraft is the original creation of God. Real Life is in fact a WoW clone.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by uquipu

Originally posted by GTwander

Originally posted by Amathe

The idea is, if a game development company were reading this thread for ideas on something totally new, or at least something that needs total improvement, what advice would you give them?

I know some people will disagree, but immersion starts with mundanity.

When you run out of content - what is there? You can trick players into doing that same thing over and over again, til you can drop more of it in, or you can set a basis of 'maintenance-type- gameplay that will keep players hooked and too invested to leave. Case in point; housing. Some people don't get it, but until you seen a game where literally *everything* you get in game can be stashed in plain sight, you will not know the ramifications of it. It hooks people, and makes them too afraid to walk after personal investment. It's mundanity at it's best.

Hell, I was even one of the guys that said the old SWG class setup was the best yet because it let you explore classes based on lifestyles in the universe long before you were really shoved into a single combat/social role. It was good for RPers, and it was good for dudes like me that are so into the setting that they would eat it with gravy. LotRO lets you grow pipeweed and people ate it up long before it actually *did* anything. Above all, it's the little things that count, and I think that environments with more interactivity would go a long way too. I respect runescape for this, because you can click on anything and get a response. It makes a full world feel fuller to be able to click a weather-rooster and make it spin, or a grate on the ground to script some glowing eyes. I personally love how things are active in the sky and ground in games like SWG and AO, it gets noticed and appreciated every time I see a driod scoot along the ground or a swarm of bugs fly off as I get close.

Also that you don't need huge text/VO dialog when an environment cann say a thousand words with props and texture swatches. Your told briefly to check out a house, upon entering you would find enough visual clues to figure out what to do, and where to go (bloodstains, toppled over knick-knacks). Even the history of an area doesn't need to be drawn on and is sometimes best left up to the imagination of the player. Like an inconspicous battlefield with no explaination, you might ponder it a bit longer if you didn't know it was a skirmish between the dwarves of ghu'thaak and elves of dir'bldroor. See how stupid that sounds? Best left to interpretation.

I think few care about housing or displaying items. You are in a minority.

Star Wars Galaxies was losing 10,000 subs a month.

Where were those people going?

WoW.

What do I want in a game?

Fun.

How do you make a game fun? I don't know.

Please, you know damn well why people don't play SWG anymore, don't dance around the facts like that. People quit WoW all the time, and you can bet your ass that if it had housing, it would be one more thing to keep people on the fence about quitting. You say you want fun, but you don't even know what that is, and again, you know damn well it runs out after repetition.

What keeps people playing once something runs dry is *investment*.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

1. Huge open instance-free world

2. no handholding: learning by doing

3. earnable AA's (without limit) **

4. challenge **

5. immersion

6. community split

** if you can gain AA you have a reason for still doing dungeons after "your item" dropped.

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Originally posted by Moaky07

Originally posted by Garvon3

A virtual world without instances, little hand holding, lots of options, a focus on social interaction and player interdependency and enough innovations so that I don't feel like I've already played the game a million times the first time I log in (WAR, WoW, AoC, LotRO). 

Back when MMOs were innovative, each new MMO had a bit of a learning curve because they all played differently. It was exciting. Now I get bored within 5 minutes of trying a BRAND NEW GAME.

Also, PvP as the primary end game. Raids and such will be included but won't be important, so they can be done for fun to take a break from PvP instead of becoming a chore.

Hell, just give me DAoC 2.  

Welcome to niche standing.

Since the launch of EQ1, PVE games have ruled the sub charts.  This was even before the influx of the casual WoW crowd.

If you are looking for a PVE game, one that ends in PVP....then I trust you are subscribed to DF.

I would take a re-image of EQ1 as it stood back in 06 when I left. I mean the whole game, just toning things down(focus on solo/small grps, no crazy camp times/med time/etc). Raids also would be no more than 10 or 15 folks....with 5 to about 8 being preferable.

I would also keep zones, as I liked how each had its own feel to it. I would also hope they help out a competing site, and put allakhazam out of business. Hated going there for info, knowing it was owned by a gold seller.

I am subscribed to Darkfall. And I would drop Darkfall for a DAoC 2 in a heartbeat. It had all the best features of EverQuest with none of the bad ones like dungeon/raid camping. RvR is the best end game content I've ever experienced. And its also the best system for including people that like PvE and PvP in the same game. 

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

For me, it would have to be more camaraderie. Mechanics that encouraged players to work together and be friendly to one another (at least within the same faction) would be great to see in any multiplayer game. And multiplayer FPS seem to have the advantage in this department in my opinion, but it didn't used to be that way. 

Many times communities have such huge gaps between veteran players and new players, that they are completely different games to play.  And there is often much animosity between players even in games that do encourage teamwork. I'm not entirely convinced that developers could even be able to do address that though. It has to start with the players in my opinion.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

i would like a larger class selection, i'm really sick of the basic tank, rogue, mage, healer, ranger classes and maybe 3 more.  i want a little more of a selection.

• GrymGrym Member UncommonPosts: 301

Ok, you asked for it. In no particular order of preference, and entirely free form;

1. Knights knocking each other off horses in tourney and war. Money prizes or even trophies.

2. No magic. Stand toe to toe and resolve your differences

3. No loot driven game dynamics. Perhaps unlock a new tier of costume piece or weapon customizations after specific achievements. Might be more willing to PvP if I'm not worried about losing my +100 Uberweapon to some gank artist.

4. Combat that is skill based and doesn't require a bunch of button pushing/mouse clicking. Basically, if I have a swordsman with 10 skill and I go up against a swordsman with 50 skill, I should get my ass handed to me. With that said, a guy with 50 skill is gonna get slaughtered by 100 guys with skill 10. Even the greatest swordsman has his limits. Plus, should have dynamic graphic animations that depict various levels of skill (i.e. parry, thrust, spins, decapitation, impaling, you get the picture.) Let me auto engage in battle and actually see the animations instead of pushing/clicking special attacks.

5. Levels that only increase your rank (page, man at arms, squire, knight, champion, lord, baron, count, duke, king?) Perhaps increase health. Not sure tho, would prefer that be based on "vigorous exercise of the martial kind."

6. Realm vs Realm PvP that pits opposing armies against one another on an even keel. (no magic, no super classes, just men/women of skill against men/women of skill)

7. Risk vs Reward balance. If I delve into a dungeon for 4 hours to slay some badass mob, make it worth my time. i.e. increased fame (or infamy) or monetary reward of sufficient amount from the local lord who is much relieved for resolving his "problem." Dont give me 3 stinking gold pieces after I just saved your entire frickin village.

8. Customization beyond anything we've seen thus far. 

9. A game that immediately lets you feel heroic almost from the start. Along the lines of Oblivion perhaps.

10. Dynamic physics graphically. Come on, they can make a cape swirl in CoH but every other MMO cloak looks like an unfolded pizza box?

11. Graphics: Light & Shadow devs, light and shadow. Armor should shine, cloth should bunch and wrinkle.

12.  A player based economy where you can't buy anything worthwhile (other than crafting components) from an NPC after level 10 or 20. Give those craftsmen that work so hard on skills a market to sell their blood, sweat, and tears too. Btw, the "armor & weapons" they make are customization items only. Not entirely sure how to work that dynamic. Still adamantly against loot based systems.

13. Give those blasted romantics an in-game option to go see a priest and arrange an ingame marriage for a princely sum o' cash. Even in real life extravagant weddings aren't cheap.

14.  Houses of Ill Repute where a mercenary can spend his "hard earned" coin.

15. Lively taverns with musicians, bards, patrons. Give me a reason to go to a damn tavern other than to sell my goods and get a stinkin quest started.

16. It's called "Heroic fantasy" for cryin' out loud! Gimme a heroic task to undertake. Kidnapped princess? Dragon terrorizing the country folk? Black Knight and company preying on merchants? Make the damned quests mean something.

17. How bout a little intrigue? Not only do kingdoms have to worry about the enemy kingdoms, they hafta put up with opportunistic jerks too. Player choice on alliances with the lords n' ladies o' court.

18. If I hafta drink one more potion I'm gonna vomit. Wounds heal over time. If a Knight is too stupid to remove himself from the lists or battlefield when suffering severe wounds, he deserves what he gets. Go see a freakin surgeon... hey! new player profession?

19. Battles at Sea. No nation ever achieved empire without a navy.

20. The ability to beat the crap outta anonymous snot nosed jerks using my skill based abilities. Or, if the snot nosed jerk is better than I am, to gather 100 of my skill 10 buddies to slaughter his ass.

(My son speaking to his Japanese Grandmother) " Sorry Obaba, I don't speak Japanese, I only speak human."

• RhenkarRhenkar Member UncommonPosts: 68

I want a new MMO to be as cool as the new Deus Ex: Human Revolution trailer.

(on a side note I also want DX3 to be as good as the new trailer)

At least SE can do FMVs, they still got that much going for them.

Shadowrun/Cybperunk MMO take notice.  Make it that cool and you're gold.

Read lots of William Gibson, some Shadowrun, watch the Matrix, I don't care.

I want a good MMO that's cyberpunk.

I know..I know...I might as well walk on water as ask for that....

Here's at least hoping WoD online is as great as it can be, cuz the Secret World will probably suck as well as Cryptic's next MMO that looks sorta like it.  I'm talking out my rear, but let's face it, they'll blow.  I just can't sugar coat MMOs anymore.

Where's the modern day/near future MMOs...and have them actually be...you know..good..and..well...fun?

I've settled for the fact that WoW is as good as an MMO gets, aside from Eve which is in its special little happy place.  Eve isn't my thing but I have a ton of respect for CCP.  And I hope they take that same level of polish and dedication to WoD online.

And before I get flamed for my above comment on WoW, I came from text MUDs including the one the ever infamous Brad McQuaid got his ideas from that spawned Eq1 as well as beta tested Eq1 and Ultima Online, so I don't want to hear it.

WoW gets a ton of flak, but they did a hell of a lot right and all that's mostly come since then is clones of it, which have paled in comparison.  WoW isn't the best there can be, it's just what developers and shareholders think is the pinnacle because they see $$ signs.  Most of the best games in history don't have overly impressive sales.  Think Deus Ex 1, Planescape: Torment, Fallout 2 etc. compared to Halo and MW2 (just a broad comparison, not hating).

You don't have to have WoW numbers or COD: MW2 sales to impress, just make a good game...is that really so hard to ask these days?

----------------------------
    "Hero of Time! Face me!"

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550

To put it simply, what I want from a new MMO is

FREEDOM

CHALLENGE

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

voice overs + cutscenes + storytelling

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

THIS is what I want, and am not gettin it, and see alot of people quiting games because of not having this, use these ideas for free, hope to see them someday used in games.

--------------

Damage dealers should be able to max thier stats and beyond for super dps.

Normal tanks should be able to hold hate no matter what, why should dps pay for having more dps then they should, they earned it, they should be able to use it even with crapy tanks.

Incentives for maxing stats beyond normal means faster xp with dps, everyone will want to max thier dps out, and get the enjoyment of being a great dps.  This will also get rid of dps trying to swap out a tank for another dps in party to fill the role of tank.

-----------

Tanks will be able to hold hate no matter what happens, without penelties of any kind for it (no power loss, no agro loss to dps classes, ect). This will be the main reason they are invited to groups and raids.

They will have a slider bar, making dps stronger and defense weaker, dps will be 75 percent of a melee at max dps, and 25 percent dps at min. defense will be 25 percent of a tank at max dps, and defense will be 100 percent at max Note: percentages need to be looked at and should make it so that melee are not all wanting to be tanks and vice versa.

Tank stats should just determine how good thier defense is going to be not thier hate or agro, maxed stats will allow them to tank better monsters by having a scalable fixed damage intake.

There should be normal mobs and stronger mobs with greater rewards, the more maxed out the tanks stats are the easier it is for them to tank mobs that are stronger/hit harder and drop more rewarding loot, but the mobs should have same hp's as other mobs so dps can do same damage on them.

One of the main objects of tank will be to jack up defenses as high as they want or low as they want to fit the toughness of mob, or to add to dps in exchange for some of the defense they have, without having to have multiple gear sets.

Get rid of repair bills all together.  No one wants to be a tank when people you dont know log with loot for your repairs.

-------

mobs will have same hps in all experiance points Camps, some will hit harder then others, the ones that hit harder will give greater rewards, all mobs will have same xp as each other.

------

Healers will be able to set thier bars to allow them to do both damage and healing, a precentage bar will allow the healer to adjust how much of a heal will be given, and the other remaining percentage will go stright into pure dps at a decent rate, the dps at 100 percent will be that of a dps at a 75% rate of a mage or other. This will give great merit to healers being in party instead of just swaping them out for another dd or tank that can heal itself.

--------

Casters will be casters, they will be outside of aoe, they will have slider bar to adjust thier defense and dps. the amount of defense will be half that of a tank at full defense while thier atks will be 50 percent of normal dps

-------

Melee will be melee but do as much damage as a caster but allowing them to stand inside aoe damage, again they will have slider bars to adjust thier defense and dps.

when they jack up thier defense to max thier defense will be that a tank, and dps will come down to 50 percent normal dps with 0 ability to hold hate, all healers will get agro without a tank and mob will attack everyone at random based on who hit them last.

--------

Will add a resistance gem slot, all characters will have two of them, to block all damage of a certain afinity. there will be three lesser gem slots with a slider that will allow you to adjust a percentage of resistance between the three sharing 100 percent. this will allow melee's to stay in the aoe range of a mob to do just as good dps as any casters standing outside of aoe with no damage intake whatsoever

gear should be reserved for stats only, and the gem slots for resistance as a completly seperate system.

?

-------

all gear will be crafted and can be sold to merchant for profit upon completing of craft.

items should be allowed to sold to standard merchants so the reward of game money is well worth it, things should be cheap enough in game to not really make you have to farm extensivly. Let the currency flow nice and big, everyones going to be rich if they want to be.

------

all mobs will drop crafted items that can be made into profit by skill level.

------

main source of income will be from killing mobs and crafting them into items to sell to merchants.

-----

auction system will be an order system... items in game a person wishes to buy will be orderd, and people will be able to fill that order if they get an item in game farms it or crafts it. they will all have price limits.

No cap limit on items that are raided or other

all items obtained through raiding will have a timestamp on them of when they were obained and who looted the item.

everyone in a raid area will see the rolls of other people.

-----

when named mobs in a zone are defeated, everyone in zone is alerted that the mob has been downed, when named mobs are in a zone, you will get messages in that zone that are aprox every five mins to ten, that have something to do with the lore of that named mob.

------

named mobs should be soloable, if more then one person helps they all get the same reward and the mob is upgraded to a challenge of the number of people in the party that atks it.

------

When people raid they will all get a credit toward the best item in the game for thier class -maybe 10 credits/raids to get a piece of gear thats the best in the game, a coffer at end will have money for the whole raid, and a reward item for everyone in the entire raid that makes it worth doing

single credits can be turned in for sizable amount of game money also. amount will be based on the time of crafting items for profit for a rate of five times the time of the raid of continuous crafting.

------

there should be an option of a voice over of the whole game or just text, or both.

------

always a voice service for raids, guilds, and groups.

-------

never put in a game market where you use real cash to buy items, mounts or anything releated to content. only transfers and services should be in a marketplace with easy access. too many loyal fans will have just one more reason to quit. You may make some money off of it, but you'll alienate alot of players because of it. profits long term have to be looked at, not short term. Though this may not be the main reason enough why they walked to the next game, its definatly going to be one of them and will hurt chances of getting returning players.

-------

will have instance waiting areas, where you meet up with group or other. When you zone into this area, youll have the instance entrance and a means to summon your group members, but as you zone into the waiting area, the whole lore and history of the instances will be in a cinima style storytelling cutscene up to five mins long about the instance your about to enter, so the mobs inside the instance will have meaning and understanding of why they are being killed or what the goals inside the instance is suppose to be.

--------

each zone in the game will have its story to it that must be told, when you zone into a new area another storytelling cutscene should be given at a length of atleast five mins long, again to tell you what the purpose of the mobs are and what the goals and over all overview of the zone is all about. This should bring the player closer to the zone and what they do inside of it in thier imagination.

---------

storytelling is a treasured part of our history, librarians, history teachers, and storytells should be brought onboard to tell a great story of fantasy and to mix the entire story together with great details and suspense, etc.

------------

all npcs should use bodylanguage and experssions that match what they say, as to almost bring a movie to the person whos playing. To make the game feel look and sound alive, of movie quality and not just an npc with walls of texts.

-----------

as your killing and a lore item or historic importance item drops, perhaps a quest item, youll get a cinamatic cutscene of your character picking up the item and reading it or doing whats nessacary. example: when you get a lettter off a mob, the cutscene, may be of you walking up to the mob, and pulling a letter out of the pockets of the mob and then reading it right there, so the story is being told with sounds and movie quality video. or if its an object you have to use, then show the character picking up that object and figuring it out.

these cutscense should have an on and off switch so players can skip them if they want, or just with a tap of button during cutscene can just exit it and carry on about thier buisness.

all cutscense preformed in the field should be triggerd by the death of the mob/encounter/combat and take the player out of harms way from being mauled by other wandering mobs or pvp battles.

?

---------

Pirates, they love visuals of gold and chests and everything nice, give the players what they want when it comes to treasures, throw some treasure under that waterfall every once in while.

----------

secluded areas, x marks the spot, exploring is fun, the getting ready, going to secluded areas AND MOST OF ALL grabing up some hidden treasure where no one would have botherd to look, arg matey.

-----------

factions are not fun if you have no clue what they are for, all mobs should be tagged what faction they are with along with a lore cinematic about that faction inside a character tab, and probably most important, have great quests and treasures for any factions you put in game. No matter what factions you choose to favor, youll be knowing that youll be getting something nice for not slaying them all.

--------------

have the hp of all mobs, the power of all mobs, and in some cases, loot visible on all mobs, being completely transparent to everyone who inspects it.

----------------

If you kill a named, you will get a item, and so will everyone who helps you.

-----------------

If you kill an end raid mob, you will get an item, and so will everyone else.

Everyone will get a tradeskill crafting item that is marked no trade, and will be specific for the crafting skill they have chosen even if its not maxed out, and will make special items. days of leaders hoarding things from guildies is over. everyones getting thier piece of the cake

----------------------

transparent loot messages to entire raid on what droped and rolls of everyone on it, with the option of leader to distribute it manualy. days of hidden favoritism with items you helped get is over. No more hiding loot after a raid mob dies.

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Originally posted by Garvon3

I am subscribed to Darkfall. And I would drop Darkfall for a DAoC 2 in a heartbeat. It had all the best features of EverQuest with none of the bad ones like dungeon/raid camping. RvR is the best end game content I've ever experienced. And its also the best system for including people that like PvE and PvP in the same game. 

Good chance that I will never want to leave aiming/dodging and the realistic Darkfall feel for anything though . ..

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

Freedom.