Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favorite character you ever rolled?

Comments

• KryptyKrypty Member UncommonPosts: 454

A theurgist in DAoC, and then my Tempest of Set in AoC when Storm Crown/Storm Field was retardedly OP.

• sacredcow4sacredcow4 Member UncommonPosts: 249

Eldritch on a private UO sphere shard.  My irl buddy and me became the 2 most feared players on Santiago.  We had a castle with hundreds of stolen rare mounts and 500+ unique heads, with the top pvper's heads on vases outside our house.  The best part was that a few of the GM's comps couldn't handle all the NPC horses in our house and would always DC when they came near our castle!  Needless to say, we abused it, and had an amazing time!

I've been here a while...
  • just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

My EQ2 warden hands down. No competition whatsoever.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• AzurealAzureal Member UncommonPosts: 235

Would be a toss up between my first UO character, a GM Bard (music/provo) or my Weaponsmith in SWG (master artisan/merchant/weaponsmith).

Actually, screw it, I'll throw my Lurikeen Enchanter in there as well.

Havent had a favorite anything since those characters.

PAST: UO-SWG-DAOC-WOW-DDO-VG-AOC-WAR-FE-DFO-LOTRO-RIFT-GW2
    PRESENT: Nothing
    FUTURE: ESO

• DillingerEPDillingerEP Member UncommonPosts: 366

Vanguard- Cleric, I was never a healer before, and for whatever reason i decided to roll one in VG. And i simply had ton's of fun with it, and met bunch of cool people playing it.. in which i would never of met, if i didn't roll that Cleric. Then ever since i haven't strayed away making a healer in a game.

Then my Druid, in VG... had a lot of fun blowing stuff up.. with that class. If i seriously had to pick a favorite, my Druid would be it, but my Cleric meant more to me(Yes i know it's just a damn game).

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

Originally posted by Illius

In no particular order:

Shadowblade (DAoC):  I would hit people so hard I could literally hear them cry out in pain over the internet.

Berserker (DAoC):  If I were to rank them this one would stand out because I was part of an awesome guild of people on the Merlin server by the name of Dragons Blood.  I miss those people, and to this day still talk to a few of them.

Skald (DAoC):  Was the first character I rolled on the Galahad server and was part of another awesome guild by the name of Loki's Minions.  I had to stop playing that game due to school and lack of money and what not.  By the time I got back to it I couldn't find the people again because they split the guild up and changed names so I rolled on Merlin.

Warrior (DAoC):  Classic server, I think it was Ector but later they were amalgomated to just one big one.  Made him a good split between offense and defense and I stayed in the newbie starter guild the whole time helping people out and stuff.  Great time all the way up till I quit because I didn't like where the game was headed.

All the other characters in all the other games I've played never really clicked and are usually acompanied by some stupid drama that I'd rather forget.

This reminds me of the good times doing RvR till 3 in the morning. 

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342

My TK/Ranger in SWG.  Loved Ranger camps, tracking animals/people and made for great conversation during combat down times.

• TheHidden012TheHidden012 Member Posts: 12

Martial Arts tree in the Matrix Online.

Had one of the most unique combat systems imo.

TH

The Dragoon King;

www.forever-dragoons.com
    Play as One

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

DAOC Minstrel was my all time favorite character, versitile and deadly, sure do miss that one.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

My conj eq2, no doubt about it:)

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Caffeine Girl  (City of Heroes, Earth/Kinetics/Earth)

She did not look particularly heroic; Jeans and a T-shirt. But I tweaked her out to move super fast, even on top of the kinetics powers. Zipping around, jumping 50 feet in the air to stomp on one group to aggro it to another, and smashing them all with boulders...when they were done...doing the 'drink coffee' emote....good times.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Master Ranger/Master Rifleman combo in Star Wars Galaxies.

I felt like a survivalist and game hunter with that build.  I would lead expeditions thanks to my camps and tracking ability, and I could do some mean damage with my rifle skills.  To make money, I would get on the forums and solicit contract hunting jobs for elite resources that were used by people like armor crafters and doctors. I made tons of money and had a blast doing it. I would go to my home, or town, gear up and just walk off into the wilfderness to adventure and hunt.  I always came across new people and had more random fun than any theme park quest system will ever supply. The camps I would build, no matter how large or small, were people magnets.

I can't even do it justice.  Those of you who played SWG back in the day know what I am talking about even if your build was completely different.  The whole game was this way no matte what adventure you chose to build for yourself.  I almost wish I had never played it because then I wouldn't find every other MMO I have played since to be lacking so much HEART and SOUL.  SWG may have been a buggy game, but it was alive in the most real sense.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• VoltlivesVoltlives Member Posts: 280

For me the game was EQ, 4th week after release friend at work sold me on it.  I logged in at like 1 in the morning after finding a copy of the game at K-Mart.  Installed, created a character named Volt.  She was a barbarian warrior, for folks that remember graphics of the old EQ, by todays standards it is pretty bad but back then it was an eye opneing experience.  Now originally I think i spent the first 2 hours cussing at the PC non stop.  Mainly because I couldn't get how the hell I was suppose to move around effectively let alone attack.  Many an Ice Skelly put their collective feet in my arse, my keyboard suffered my wrath.  I resumed play the next day after work and started my love afair with MMOs ever since.

END OF LINE_

~V

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Anarchy Online

Soldier 210/10 ( not sure if ther is another / these days, it is 0 in that case )

Borel

He was/is just awesome, i no longer play but i remember him.

I remember one evening, drunk and tired I was about to switch character to an alt I logged in and out with the same one 7 times.

From that day logging out and in with your same char collectively became known as doing a "Borel".

I would rather be remembered by something more heroic but sadly it is spreading. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• DemenshaDemensha Member UncommonPosts: 76

Originally posted by Moaky07

Originally posted by Demensha

Game:- UltimaOnline

Char:- Toecutter (macer)

This was my PK hunter, most pvp fun i ever had til AoS nerfed him to hell (unsubbed a week later)

Wasnt Toecutter the name of one of the bad guys in the original Mad Max?

yes that be him

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

My UO Theif in the T2A  era back in the day.

• doublestyledoublestyle Member Posts: 4

my fave char is a guy from 4story :) a summoner / evocator also wizzard/mage

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I had three in PRECU SWG.  Strange to say, but each one of them I rp'd and was a seperate facet of my personality.  When the NGE came I took off the mask and came out to my clansmen as part of saying goodbye.  It was fun to see that I was so good an actor, but also sad because I knew when I told them the illusion was over and would never be the same again.

• inalizinaliz Member UncommonPosts: 45

By far shadowbane held my favorite classes. But of course the best class ever imo the thief. Steal items and gold right out of peoples inventory, backstab folks sitting down, dirtiest of the dirty. Also in the game world your life was just like a thief. I would start an XP group in Khar city and bring a group out to a camp to farm. Little did they know I was pickpocketing every valueable and eventually pick the players off one by one, treacherous. I have yet to play a class since then that can give you a rush like that. You had to get really good at it too. Stealing 15 million gold off of a guild leader in their own town and escaping while being chased by a group of minotaur warriors. I eventually got caught by a scout but I quickly destroyed all of their cash in my pack before I died so they could not loot it. Anyways epic class, I wish games had more diversity these days.

• AntaranAntaran Member Posts: 579

Originally posted by Amathe

Most folks have made lots of characters over the years.  Did one stand out as being your favorite?

Mine was a Trando TKA/Rifleman/Brawler back when SWG was new. I liked that the skill sets complimented one another, in that they made up for the other's weaknesses. Plus they both had a way to target the mind pool, so you could do mind attacks from a distance and then do more mind attacks up close. Most people had itty bitty mind pools so that was very effective.

It was a fun character to play. Plus he looked cool. :)

What was yours?

Pre-NGE SWG = Medic/Rifleman

NGE SWG = Bounty Hunter (got my first CL90 Elder Jedi when i was CL82)

Those were my faves, reason i listed 2 is because they were the same character, i just updated with the times.

• spades07spades07 Member UncommonPosts: 852

Shaman or Enchanter in EQ. Shaman had a great spell progression tree, and was very good to solo or group with. Enchanter was just cool- so many different spells, illusions and charming stuff.

(although not sure how I'd find them funwise today)

• exwinexwin Member Posts: 221

Ogre War in EQ1. Named him Littlefella for the shock value for his girth. Another neat thing about EQ1 was that you could dye your armour. Color an ogre green and give him a bow then try to pass him off as a ranja. Good times. =)

• NytakitoNytakito Member Posts: 381

My FFXI Elvaan hands down favorite character ever!

Probably because it was my first, and I didn't care about anything except just playing to have a kick ass time.

"If I'd asked my customers what they wanted, they'd have said a faster horse." - Henry Ford

• pepsi1028pepsi1028 Member Posts: 471

Originally posted by Nytakito

My FFXI Elvaan hands down favorite character ever!

Probably because it was my first, and I didn't care about anything except just playing to have a kick ass time.

My TaruTaru white mage ;) I LOVEEEDDD that guy.  Played him day in and day out until end game.  Then I went to WoW!

Oh, what a young child I was.....

†Pepsi1028†

PEPSI!!!!!
    Get out of your box already...

• JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960

Meaja Kewoo, Twi'lek Dancer and Pikewoman (SWG: Pre NGE/CU). At first. Then a Creature Handler and a Teras Kasi Artist. Then a Musician and Tailor. Then back to Dancing and Music. Then back to Creature Handler and Ranger, and that's where I stayed. I had fun with each combination, though.

Dancer and Creature Handler were, by far, the most enjoyable "classes" I've ever played, so picking this character really has more to do with those elements of game-play than the character herself, but it's still one of the few character names I've used that I haven't forgotten. Ah, memories. Sometimes I think about buying an old video card and trying to get started with the SWG Emu (my 8800 isn't supported), but you can't really go home again.