Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favorite character you ever rolled?

AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

Most folks have made lots of characters over the years.  Did one stand out as being your favorite?

Mine was a Trando TKA/Rifleman/Brawler back when SWG was new. I liked that the skill sets complimented one another, in that they made up for the other's weaknesses. Plus they both had a way to target the mind pool, so you could do mind attacks from a distance and then do more mind attacks up close. Most people had itty bitty mind pools so that was very effective.

It was a fun character to play. Plus he looked cool. :)

What was yours?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Comments

• heimer73heimer73 Member Posts: 147

Also in SWG .... loved both Creature Handler and Teras Kasi.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

I think "Aethaeryn" a paladin in DaoC.   I loved weaving the abilities and found the character progression and story interesting.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• arrgyarrgy Member UncommonPosts: 87

My DAoC friar, I have yet to find a MMO with such a great class. Part healer, part brawler, big bad a$$ with a stick. Midgard never knew what hit them.

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

Mine was my first EQ character. A Bard named Tulien who I had explore most of Norath and had a travel website with pics from all the places he visited. It was cool. Never got  that same sense of exploration and wonder again in an MMO experience as that.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Believe it or not, Ironbreaker in WAR (near launch, when they were "kinda" OP). Warhammer Dwarves beat any other Dwarves hands-down, and the Ironbreaker was the best example of that.

In second place would come my Thane, Thorious Blitzkrieg (hey, I was young when I played DAoC. I know it's not creative). No matter what you say, hurling lightning bolts and smacking people with hammers (and Mjollnir itself!) is just plain fun.

Ehhhhh... I guess my Warden comes in third. I'm still leveling him up, but the gameplay is fun and LotRO has just the right level of mob difficulty/downtime ratio (in my opinion).

• Cactus-ManCactus-Man Member Posts: 572

A MA/Regen scrapper in CoH named Osiris.  He had a costume that looked like the Batman suit minus the mask and cape and it was pitch black with a big red hawk on the front.  Fun powers, good appearence and a useful character, definately my favorite.

All men think they're fascinating. In my case, it's justified

• ItinerantItinerant Member UncommonPosts: 89

UO early days, I had a character named Weasel. Housing was very scarce at the time, a year before Trammel. And I placed a small house beside Rivervale, a player city loaded with gm gifts near Skara Brae on Lake Superior shard. when I placed the house, it made a small corner of  the steps leading up to one of thier gm gifted statues disappear. The residents of Rivervale got upset, and started cussing at me, called a gm, and during the 30-45 min wait, a battle royal between Rivervale residents and me and my friends ensued.

Finally the GM shows up, and removes the house saying it was a glitched house, and he was making the terrain unplaceable. He takes the house deed, from removeing the house, and gives it back to me. He is standing where the house once was, and is repairing thier statues stairs, when I double click the deed, and place the house right on top of the gm. He is stuck inside the house base, with only his waist up showing through the floor. THIS IS THE FAVORITE CHARACTER I EVER ROLLED! "HAHA, TAKE THAT MR. GM"

I am instantly teleported to a small room with no doors, and no magic will let you leave. I was in gm jail, and the gm appears and says he will be right back to "deal with me." He goes back and fixes the statue again, and comes back to the Jail. He tells me that hes going to keep my house deed, and put a mark my account and if im ever caught doing shit like that again, I will be banned. He then releases me from Jail, and with friends begin what become a series of constant raids on the citizens of Rivervale.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

A gnome necromancer named Carcass in EQ1. I used to run around and bite people, infecting them with Crepitating Bowel Erosion.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

My first character I created in EQ simply because I was such a newb with him.  He was a wizard and I had no real clue what I was doing so I used to get into scrapes or trouble with him all the time.  Thankfully the guild I was in was very lighthearted about such things so they got a kick out of it.

I enjoyed my gnome warlock in WoW too.  I used to get a kick out of running around other players doing different antics that would make them laugh and not pay attention to what they were fighting so they would end up getting themselves killed.  That and harassing Horde players.

Good times...

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

My Dwarf Fighter in the Greyhawk Campaign circa 1976, give or take a couple of years... my memory isn't what it was!  :D  If I had to pick a MMORPG character, which isn't really "rolled" in the strict sense, I would go for my EQ Druid.

• El_LionEl_Lion Member UncommonPosts: 154

My paladin, Lion Kazuko, in Tibia. A long, long, long, long, long time ago that is =)

Eaglix

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

My first toon i rolled in GW was my fav of all, female Mesmer

Melee and casters were afraid alike.image

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• Azen77Azen77 Member UncommonPosts: 125

Actually, as much as the RP has been sucked out of me through the years of MMO's, my fave characters and most memorable have always been the ones I actually RP'd with. They had a concept and a purpose above and beyond just leveling some generic class.

Rarura Arura : Ogre Shaman in EQ...loved watchin his fat ass, snot runnin, body trundle along the feerrot and beyond, giving buffs to everyone as he wished them "May Rallos Zek bathe you in the blood of your foes"

When Who: MY DAoC Friar...awesome class...but making him a caretaker of the poor was the most fun I have had before or since in an MMO. I begged for donations through RP, crafted things like cloth armor and stuff for the newbs, and then went around the starter areas delivering protection and good wishes to everyone :).

UO,AC1&2,EQ1&2,DAOC,SB,SWG,FFXI, Horizons,EvE,E&B,AO,WoW,VG, Lineage,GW,TR,LotR,AoC,CoH,DDO a myriad of FtP...and still looking...

• InEccessInEccess Member UncommonPosts: 111

Favorite for "role-playing"? It would have to be my Wookie Hairdresser from SWG. It was fun because I think I was the only one. I miss that class.

My favorite character for actually doing combat and PVP stuff, my Minmatar tackler in Eve. 1 little ship (rifter) and so many things could kill me, but when it works, it works very well.

Favorite moment with that character was solo-ing and killing someone camping our station in a Jaguar while I had my tech 1 rifter (with tech 2 guns). I conceed he probably spent alot of that battle watching for people to come out and assist me, but I killed a 25million isk frigate, with my 250k isk frigate.

• GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 262

Senjinn - Bard - EQ - Veeshan server

It wasn't my first EQ character but definately my favorite.

• HonkieHonkie Member Posts: 152

Disdain-Aracoix Scout, Shadowbane.

RIP Shadowbane.  Best pvp gaming concept, one of the most flawed engines ever to go live.

• Azen77Azen77 Member UncommonPosts: 125

Originally posted by InEccess

Favorite for "role-playing"? It would have to be my Wookie Hairdresser from SWG. It was fun because I think I was the only one. I miss that class.

lol, that's just awesome...any MMO that encourages this kind of thing is doing something right I think :).

UO,AC1&2,EQ1&2,DAOC,SB,SWG,FFXI, Horizons,EvE,E&B,AO,WoW,VG, Lineage,GW,TR,LotR,AoC,CoH,DDO a myriad of FtP...and still looking...

• EchobeEchobe Member Posts: 262

My wookiee Master Creature Handler, Echobe, from SWG. By far my favorite character. I loved roaming around with my rancors or grauls. I had a mansion on Dantooine, and a Z-95 Headhunter in space and virtual life was good.

*sigh*

There's just no replacing those memories.

My second must be my first MMORPG character ever. A dwarf named Styrkaar on ol' Druzzil Ro in EQ1. Oh, the memories.

• PunchoPuncho Member Posts: 29

my paladin in the not knowed game The 4th Coming, but that was 10 years ago ;)

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

I have had 3 characters I basically use for all games....Moaky being my newest(65 iksar shammy I made in EQ about 2004). My other 2(72ish DE Nec made in about Apr 01, and a 63ish human Pali I created back in Feb 01). At one point during my 5 yrs of EQ, I played each as my main.

Over all the Pali would be my fav...due to him being the "good guy". That said, I really developed a bond to all 3 over the years.

I havent subbed to EQ since about 06....there are times I wish I could import them to a local version. As far as going back just for them, my EQ days are done. Most folks I knew would be gone....Heck Mithaniel Marr server was merged into Saryn, and is about to be merged again.

Like I stated, I generally use one of the 3 names in all games(BW games/Betheesda games/etc) in their honor. Will do the same when I get TOR next year.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Best character I ever rolled ever was my Shaman from EQ!!!

Most fun I ever had on a game for years. Even a year ago it was a blast still, maxed level and end game raid gear.

Why I did big bold words above, cause that is how I feel about that, there is no game since that gave me that kind of joy and fun but some have been close but not copied.  I would love to get another experience such as that.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by bezado

Best character I ever rolled ever was my Shaman from EQ!!!

Most fun I ever had on a game for years. Even a year ago it was a blast still, maxed level and end game raid gear.

Why I did big bold words above, cause that is how I feel about that, there is no game since that gave me that kind of joy and fun but some have been close but not copied.  I would love to get another experience such as that.

Aye....as my sig says, would like a true update to EQ.

There is so much in game, they could simply remake it into a new game. Taking away so much of the grp/raid focus(2 man tag teams, and say 5 to 10 man raids).....folks would have a few yrs worth of content. Just update the zones with new graphics.

The biggest inverstment would be for engine/tuning....all the lore/layout is already taken care of.

Short of someone pulling their own server thing(which is illegal), I dont see SOE every doing it.

When you say max shammy are you talking max lvl/AA....cause when I left in 06 my Nec has like 200 AA, and there were a ton more available. Last I heard there are thousands now(think I saw a sig with someone having 6 or 8k worth). What a grind :)

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• RudyRaccoonRudyRaccoon Member UncommonPosts: 475

I used to have a Night Elf Balance Druid on WoW which I orginially called Lillyskunk, at the time I played it I thought Moonkins were awesome as I saw this funny video of the Boomkin. Little did I know it bloody sucked, I fell victim to every melee person out there, including Enhancement Shamans, aaahhh!!! =(

When I think of Boomkins now I think of them as fat chickens that are inferior to Ferial Druids, should have played a Mage or a Hunter if I had known better but it's not like I care anymore since WoW it's a hacked game now where you can no longer access your account.

I do remember making other unique characters, a Undead Warrior called Zombielord and a tempory mock character called Meatman because his purpose was to get cooking recipes. XD

Well when patch 1.9 hits for Aion I'll be doing my best to finally get a high capped Asmodian Ranger character which I'll call Lilyskunk. =D

• BobRossBobRoss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 213

Diablo 2 LOD

Class: Barbarian

Name: Unibomber

Play style: Potion thrower

Funniest toon I ever made. You should have seen peoples faces when I rolled up and started throwing potions on baddies. They would  ROFL.

Bob 

• Harpy_LadyHarpy_Lady Member Posts: 137

My Erudite Cleric in EQ. Best fun as far as grouping. Until she got high enough to raid, then she became the one button wonder. /yawn

My Barbarian Rogue also in EQ. I solo'ed with her quite a bit. Now that was some seriously slow xp. Definitely a fun challenge though.