Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Pink Dye Available in Support of Cancer Stricken Player

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

We recently reported on a heartwarming event in which players on the Badlands server from both the Destruction and Order sides put down their swords and PBAOE bombs in support of Tinkerhell, a fellow Badlands player who is fighting breast cancer.

Image Credit: Werit's Blog

Today, we've learned that Mythic has introduced a pair of new vendors to the game via a hotfix that are selling a "very special shade of Armor dye" for a limited time. That dye, of course, is pink!

Pink, as I'm sure you all know, represents breast cancer awareness, and despite Paul Barnett scoffing at the inclusion of pink dye in the past, it's all being done for a good cause!

You can purchase the dye in support of Tinkrehell and to raise awareness of breast cancer from Alda Tinkengruber in the Market Square of Altdorf or Grobbik Big Tink at the Apex in the Inevitable City.

We'd also like to salute Mythic Entertainment for showing their support, and again we here at MMORPG.com wish Tinkerhell a speedy recovery.

Werit's Blog [via Biobreak]

Comments

• NytakitoNytakito Member Posts: 381

That's cool..  Even though I don't know ya, Get better Tinkerhell!!!!

"If I'd asked my customers what they wanted, they'd have said a faster horse." - Henry Ford

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

A nice thing of Mythic to do. Wish the best for Tinkerhell!

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Just who the hell do they think they are!? Here I am, content with hating them for pissing all over my favorite fantasy universe, and then BANG, they have to go and do somethng all humane and noble. What a bunch of jerks.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

my god that is one of the worst nicknames i've ever seen,

nevertheless!   speedy recovery ;)

• alessioraalessiora Member Posts: 50

Good luck Tinkerhell, wish you the best, you can do it ;).

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Lost my oldest freind to breast cancer this year. That's a hell of a battle she is facing. Sounds like she has some awsome support though and fair play to Mythic for raising awareness of this horible p.o.s disease. Tink if you ever read this  I wish you all the best and my thoughts are with you. Don't give up :)

Edit* Is there any way people who don't play  War can show there support? Already have a direct debit to a cancer charity in the uk. Not one to turn down a fellow gamer in need. I would send her some quids.

• SauronasSauronas Member Posts: 183

"Just who the hell do they think they are!? Here I am, content with hating them for pissing all over my favorite fantasy universe, and then BANG, they have to go and do somethng all humane and noble. What a bunch of jerks."

I dunno what universe you're talking about but in warhammer, slaanesh armies are pink and purple....

• GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354

Oooo pink dye!!! Hope its not 999g

Wish you the best, Tinkerhell!! Hope it all works out for you.

• PurpleCliffPurpleCliff Member UncommonPosts: 156

Good job Warhammer, and good luck to you Tinkerhell!

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

I was playing LotRO and saw someone named Tinkerhell. I thought of the WAR player from an earlier article that showed a rally of some sort in her support. Good thing Mythic picked up on this and helped the players do what they were already doing before. Hope she wins this battle.

• KryptyKrypty Member UncommonPosts: 454

Not a fan of the game, but a HUGE fan of this move.

*applause*

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by Sauronas

"Just who the hell do they think they are!? Here I am, content with hating them for pissing all over my favorite fantasy universe, and then BANG, they have to go and do somethng all humane and noble. What a bunch of jerks."

I dunno what universe you're talking about but in warhammer, slaanesh armies are pink and purple....

Er... where exactly did I ever say I had a problem with them using the color pink?

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• BattleFelonBattleFelon Member UncommonPosts: 483

If it was any other MMO, I'd simply think this was a heart-warming story. But considering it's Mythic and WAR, I find it unintentionally hilarious. And I'm saying that as a guy who painted up pink Eldar guardians for a 40K breast cancer fundraising event.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

The more I read about Mythics business practises the more I think to my self that I might just try War, in an age of commercial greed and faceless corporate bullshit its things like this that remind me of the human element to mmo gaming.

Well done Mythic, some might say its a small gesture but the fact is these guys took time out to put this into the game.

• buggritbuggrit Member Posts: 5

Mythic - you may have screwed up my hopes and dreams of what Warhammer Online could have been but this story is so full of heartwarming goodness that I must tip my hat to you.

/tips hat

Bravo Sirs, well done. You have provided this old cynic with a hope that there is still some 'milk of human kindess' out there.

• hothnogghothnogg Member UncommonPosts: 38

/tip hat

• ThrawlThrawl Member Posts: 271

I didn't care for the game myself, but for the company to show its support to one of its players really shows a type of class that  can not be roled.

Our spirit was here long before you

Long before us

And long will it be after your pride brings you to your end

• bladedancerbladedancer Member UncommonPosts: 40

Well done Mythic!

Peter Griffin: you know those germans, if you dont join the party, they?ll come get ya

• bladedancerbladedancer Member UncommonPosts: 40

And good wishes Tinkerhell to get well soon!

Peter Griffin: you know those germans, if you dont join the party, they?ll come get ya

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

nm

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• HammerichHammerich Member Posts: 1

Lovely idea! Tinkerhell i wish you a speedy recovery and a healthy future.. Its not much, but bought a shitload of pink dye's :D

• TomteTomte Member UncommonPosts: 39

Good work Mythic, and get well Tink!

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Makes me proud to be a player of this game.