Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post Trial Invites or Buddy Keys Here

Comments

• simpletonssimpletons Member Posts: 2

Looking to give the game a try now with the new program. How long is the trial? Are there restrictions to it? Thanks in advace to anyone who would like to send me a key.

Simple one

• delta9delta9 Member UncommonPosts: 358

if you want a invite and some freebies that go with it, send me a PM with your email

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360

edit....                        meant to post this in am IM... deleting my email adress here.  :)

• patrickdwpatrickdw Member Posts: 6

I'm new to the game and having fun, but my partner got me the collector's edition so I have three 10 day trial keys. If those run out I think they give me 5 buddy keys I can send to ... would be happy to share. Send me an IM if I'm online, or a message. I think for the buddy keys I'll need your e-mail address to send. 

hmmmmmmm... I set the game up today when i got home from work and I think I am already "done" with the trial.   I did about an hour of tutorial type stuff, and then the NPCs just started telling me a message about buying the game.  There seems to be no more to do in the trial now.  Is this right?  About an hour of gameplay for the trial?

Two more buddy invites left ...

Really? I didn't see your post here so I assume you received a demo from someone else, but I was thinking it was more than that.

Posted by Salvatoris on 5/13/10 at 5:25:12 PM

hmmmmmmm... I set the game up today when i got home from work and I think I am already "done" with the trial.   I did about an hour of tutorial type stuff, and then the NPCs just started telling me a message about buying the game.  There seems to be no more to do in the trial now.  Is this right?  About an hour of gameplay for the trial?

==

This is what I found online about buddy invites:

What restrictions apply to accounts using a guest pass?

The following restrictions are placed on all accounts using a guest pass:

• Cannot trade player-to-player, send items via mail or use the Exchange.

• Cannot send in-game tells except those on the friends list (but can receive all tells)

• Cannot participate in zone chat

• Cannot send a friend request, or team/fleet invites (but can receive and accept them)

• Cannot play beyond level 3, or access missions other than "Stranded in Space," once outside of the tutorial Episode.

Yep.  It is apparently just the tutorial and one 5 minute mission.  This is the worst free trial I have ever seen.  12 hours to download, 1 hour to play through all the content that isn't locked.... and 90% of that is basic tutorial.  I honestly didn't get to play enough to even form an opinion of the game.  I'll wait for a proper free trial, or for the game to go free to play.  

• delta9delta9 Member UncommonPosts: 358

I still have plenty of invites left for anyone who wants to try the game, just send me a PM with your email address

To help you out, if you like the game and decide to stay,  I will also give you 1.1million credits when you subscribe for at least 1 month past the initial first 30 free days - This offer is open to the first 5 people who take advatage of it including all past referrals

• johnnypiejohnnypie Member Posts: 18

I have Referral Keys to help you get started in the game, and  I am also offering 1 Million In-Game Energy Credits to anyone that likes the game as much as I do and subscribes. If you purchase the game, the Key will also provide the following bonuses:

• A special power to instantly travel to your friend (first 30 days).

• A 5% Captain and Officer skill point bonus when you’re teamed up (first 15 days).

• A 5% damage bonus when you’re teamed up (first 15 days).

I belong to a large, friendly and casual fleet that enjoys helping other players. If interested, please send me a PM.

Use my Referral Key for STO and get One Million In-Game Energy Credits! PM me for details.

• wolffinwolffin Member UncommonPosts: 193

thx

You got it. Sent through STO website. Be sure to check junk folder if you don't see it. Let me know if there's any problems.

Use my Referral Key for STO and get One Million In-Game Energy Credits! PM me for details.

• wolffinwolffin Member UncommonPosts: 193

got it thx

• seraphis79seraphis79 Member UncommonPosts: 312

If anyone else has an extra one I'd love to have one.  You can send it to [email protected]

Thanks =)

• SeanalexSeanalex Member UncommonPosts: 45

Yes, if anybody happens to have a buddy key lying around I'd love to give it a try before I drop my money on it. [email protected]

Played - EQ 1/2, WoW, SWG, SWTOR, GW 1/2 UO, STO, CO, DCUO, AO, Rift.

Sent and Sent, hope to see you in game.

• jaybrennanjaybrennan Member Posts: 1

I would like a buddy key as well if you have another one please. [email protected]

Originally posted by johnnypie

I have Referral Keys to help you get started in the game, and  I am also offering 1 Million In-Game Energy Credits to anyone that likes the game as much as I do and subscribes. If you purchase the game, the Key will also provide the following bonuses:

• A special power to instantly travel to your friend (first 30 days).

• A 5% Captain and Officer skill point bonus when you’re teamed up (first 15 days).

• A 5% damage bonus when you’re teamed up (first 15 days).

I belong to a large, friendly and casual fleet that enjoys helping other players. If interested, please send me a PM.

Just to be clear, I have Referral Keys, with an in-game bonus if you purchase the game. These are not buddy passes.

• MrTRiotMrTRiot Member Posts: 76

Patching the demo now but what i've read it's going to be way to short for that massive download....

If anyone has a buddy key, please let me know I'd be forever in your debt :P

e-mail me at [email protected] if you can help me out! thanks!

Originally posted by MrTRiot

Patching the demo now but what i've read it's going to be way to short for that massive download....

If anyone has a buddy key, please let me know I'd be forever in your debt :P

e-mail me at [email protected] if you can help me out! thanks!

You're actually patching the entire client, so when you enter a retail key you'll be all ready to go. Just let me know if you want a referral key to enter before that.

Mahalo

• MrTRiotMrTRiot Member Posts: 76

I received a "Friend Referal Trial" aka "Demo" aka what I already had lol....

Does cryptic really expect people to pay 40$ after an hour an a half trial? I hope not. It was Fun. Pretty WoWish with a bit of button mashing space combat....I might actually buy it but the demo/"friend referal trail" isn't long enough, especially for that price.

It should only cost $30 with 30 days free. Since the monthly rate is $15/mo. then the Retail Key is really only costing $15 more. But I agree, the demo is short, but it's also early in the game development for a free trial to be released. I'm sure it will get extended down the road. For now, unless you know someone with a Guest or Buddy pass, that's all they're offering.

• RDOC1RDOC1 Member Posts: 1

anyone got any extra trial keys? send me one pls?  [email protected]  Thanks!

Originally posted by RDOC1

anyone got any extra trial keys? send me one pls?  [email protected]  Thanks!

Sent