Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Most Anticipated Upcoming MMORPG And Why?

GeminiStaticGeminiStatic Member UncommonPosts: 182

GO!!

Old School Gamer - http://www.rsclegacy.com/

Comments

• EchobeEchobe Member Posts: 262

Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I have high hopes, but cynical beliefs.

• Hrayr2148Hrayr2148 Member Posts: 649

Loving LotRO and AoC right now.

Waiting for Star Wars and FFXIV.  I hope they dont' come out soon, I want ot mile LoTRO and AoC before they do.

• GeminiStaticGeminiStatic Member UncommonPosts: 182

For me...

I have a few... 

Xsyon

The Secret World

and ... the most anticipated one for me is Guild Wars 2! 

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Heh, funny. Ok, here I go:

1. Guild Wars 2  (I cannot wait to beta test, beta weekends of GW were smooth as silk too)

2. The Secret World

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Let's stop creating "What's your Favorite..." threads. Youve got 5. That is enough. Good discussion, but it doesnt require so many threads.

Originally posted by cyphers

1. Guild Wars 2  (I cannot wait to beta test, beta weekends of GW were smooth as silk too)

2. The Secret World

NICE choices! LOL 

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

1. The Secret World - because FUNCOM is making it. 

2. World of Darkness - because CCP is making it. 

3.  "Copernicus" - because it's been in development for a while and i'm just damn curious wth it actually is.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

Originally posted by arieste

1. The Secret World - because FUNCOM is making it. 

2. World of Darkness - because CCP is making it. 

3.  "Copernicus" - because it's been in development for a while and i'm just damn curious wth it actually is.

WHOA WHAT?!!! World Of Darkness MMORPG?!!! WHERE?? 

• SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476

I am waiting on The Secret World. Why? Because I am a Supernatural fan and this game, hopefully will let me create my own little Sam/Dean Winchester, or Bobby!

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

don't get too excited.  it was announced that CCP  (makers of EVE) will be making it, but i don't think it's anywhere close to develpment (think 3-5 years from now).

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• AntaranAntaran Member Posts: 579

1. Star Wars :The Old Republic - SWG was my first ever MMORPG and haven't found a match since, high hopes and many fingers crossed even though it's nothing alike.

2. GuildWars 2 - Enjoyed GW and looking forward to the next installment, good game even for a £0 monthly fee one.

• uquipuuquipu Member Posts: 1,516

Cataclysm
    <-- goblin shammy
    <-- troll druid, mon

Well shave my back and call me an elf! -- Oghren

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

Guild Wars 2, love all the new features

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

GW2 - no monthly sub, lots of inovations

TSW - no levels, interesting lore and setting

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591

Final Fantasy 14 because they are the first AAA company to go back to skill based, free roaming MMOs

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

I am waiting on SW:TOR and The Secret World. Tor because I have always wanted to play a Star Wars mmo and Secret World because it  looks interesting and is not the typical high fantasy game.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by GeminiStatic

Originally posted by cyphers

2. The Secret World

NICE choices! LOL 

Oh, crap, I forgot the 'Why?'  (luckily, I wasn't the only one in this thread image)

The Secret World:  first real horror/urban fantasy MMO, loving the Lovecraft/Stephen King/Neil Gaiman atmosphere they're trying to create. Horror, but more eerie suspense horror than blood&gore horror. Also, love the factions, who doesn't want to play a Dragon, Templar or Illuminati? Great faction ideas.

Guild Wars 2: finally a real innovative MMO, maybe even next-gen MMO if they can pull it all off what they're describing. It's sub free, its art and design is awesome and artful just as GW's was, the event system sounds great and I can't wait to join the world vs world PvP. And they haven't even elaborated on the other aspects of the game.

Oh, about World of Darkness: yes, that has great potential as well, since CCP is making it and the 'World of Darkness' could be another great horror/urban fantasy MMO. Who wants to see an example and hasn't seen it yet, this is a demo of the engine CCP will be using for EVE Online's Incarna and most likely for World of Darkness too, considering the gothic dressup:

Physics engine demo

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• cheetoh90cheetoh90 Member Posts: 22

Of course Guild Wars 2, it simply looks absolutely amazing! Another for me is Forsaken World becasue it just looks like a kick ass F2P game that I could definately get hooked on.

• NicooNicoo Member UncommonPosts: 236

TERA and Rift.

But most precious.... Diablo 3.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

The Secret World - cause i love the genre and like Funcom.
    Guildwars 2 - cause i can stomach the genre and love Arenanet.
    Perpetuum - cause i love the genre and i don't know jack about the devs.
    Earthrise - cause i love the genre and i don't know jack about the devs.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

FF14 followed by SW:TOR

• eburneburn Member Posts: 740

Pretty much all of them for one reason or another. I think I'm just ready for something new.

SWTOR probably the most tho'. I'm interested to see what Bioware does with the genre. I've said it a million times I'm not really expecting a whole new type of game play from them, but I do think expect a high level of polish and a different sort of experience from presentation alone.

I also think they'll set the standard where this 3rd generation of MMO design will finally give way to a 4th.

I kill other players because they're smarter than AI, sometimes.

• PretaPreta Member Posts: 103

swtor, because bioware's got a good track record.  not like most mmos, made by newbie devs throwing money around like it'll make up for the fact that they have no idea what they're doing.

• ClobClob Member Posts: 130

MOST anticipated = G Dub II

Spent 6,000 hours to this point, mostly in the first three years, in GW.  I haven't played anything else that has or could hold me that long.  What little we know to this point already leads me to believe it will match and surpass.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Guild Wars 2

SW: TOR

The Secret World