Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Tuesday, August 30. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Allods corrupt file loop

Shaggy67Shaggy67 Sylva, NCPosts: 76Member

I was just curious as to how many potential players this infininity loop has affetcted so far?

I downloaded the game and was ready to give it a try. From the trailers, the info that I read at MMORPG and the video  review that Massively had done about the game convinced me to try it out. When I clicked to start the game it detected a corrupt file. I waited a few more minutes for it to check the files. Low and behold there were no corrupt files. So I tried it once again it detected a corrupt file and the process has gone on and on. So far everything suggested to me hasn't worked.

It really looks like a nice game. Nice character customization the ability to play 6 or so different races, 24 or 28 different professions or classes. The ability to play for the side of good or to go try the dark side. Looks like a good basis for a good crafting system. May need to provide a few more options in that department. But I don't know myself, still haven't actually gotten to play it.

Does anyone have some suggestions as to how to handle this problem? I have downloaded some kind of supposed fixing program that didn't work. I saw one idea about renaming some loader file but didn't understand the part about going in a bin file .

Ahh well if I can't find some help soon I'll have no choice but to move on. Hate to try something else without at least giving this a try.

Tagged:

Comments

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Maplewood, NJPosts: 1,102Member Uncommon

I once had that problem.  As it turned out there were I had too many programs running (anything more complicated than a web browser or a word document probably sets this off).  Have you checked to see if you are running anything other than the game and a web browser at one time?  If this doesn't work, you could always try to reinstall it.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• Shaggy67Shaggy67 Sylva, NCPosts: 76Member

Thanks for the reply MadDemon64,

I don't believe I had anything else running but I could have now that you mention it.

I'll have to make sure that only the program is running. I have been telling people to check this game out. One person has started playing and they didn't have any problems so I could have had something else running. 

It was just frustrating  image  I had tried Grand Fantasia for a bit til they did an update and I couldn't get back in. I was going to try Runes of Magic but I don't have a 128mb graphics card only a stock 64mb card.  Yes I have an older computer lol.The graphics were ughh so I came back mmorpg to have a look around and found Allods appealing. Then I stumbled on the video review Massively.com had done showing the character creation and that's what what got me eager to try it out. So I was just a bit frustrated with my run of luck. I did download Battle of the Immortals and I actually got to play it.  I'm just so happy to finally get something to work. But i will make another attempt at playing Allods pretty soon. Just want to explore Battle a bit so I can make a fair comparison between the two. But I will give Allods a try even if I have to download the client a few times.

Sort of hard to promote a game if you haven't actually tried it yourself.

• magessmagess Tulsa, OKPosts: 14Member

I had the same issue when I tried to download it again a couple months ago and nothing on their support forums helped me. The only remote piece of advice I found was that every single patch that had been released had to be installed manually and, being a game still in "beta", there was a ton. In the end I said screw it. If they can't fix their bloody client downloader after MONTHS of this problem still being around the game isn't worth my time.

• norman728norman728 Philadelphia, PAPosts: 143Member Uncommon

I looked and found that they mention it may bet a Video driver. they ask that you send a copy of the DXdiag log to find the error.