Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Tyrannis Delayed

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

CCP Games has announced that Tyrannis, the latest free expansion for EVE Online will not be meeting its May 18th release date, and instead will deploy a week later on May 26th.

However, the seeding of Planetary Command Centers will not occur until June 8th, which will limit the Planetary Interaction feature of Tyrannis to viewing resources on planets, training Planetary Interaction skills, and scouting out planets. Manufacturing and extraction of commodities from these planets will not be possible until the Command Centers are seeded on June 8th.

View the full announcement here.

[Thanks cosy ,Christopher8, and mklinic for the tips!]

Comments

• CitiusCitius Member Posts: 69

Damn thats sad but then again CCP does have standards, and if the expansion didn't meet them they will do everything they can to get it there

Played: World of Warcraft (5Y), WarHammer (3M), Anarchy Online, Runescape (5+Y), Lord of the Rings Online, Runes of Magic, City of Heroes/Villains, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Fallen Earth (1M)

Currently Playing: Guild Wars
    Currently Trying: None
    Taking a Break From: EVE Online

• sa1yamansa1yaman Member Posts: 272

haha they have standart of releasing half-baked, unfinished features and never fixing them propertly. 

http://wiki.eve-online.com/en/wiki/Unfinished_expansions_%28CSM%29

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Sa1yaman you win the internet. Not just for today, but for all fucking time henchforth.

Not only did you point out a fact that most people know (content tends to get released buggy). But you backed up that fact by linking to a wiki article.

You are a  God, and I bow before you as your fist supplicant.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• greenbow54greenbow54 Member UncommonPosts: 128

Ya, shame on you for saying one bad thing about EVE on these forums, which is a fact, and then attempting to supply a source of information.

Might aswell shoot yourself in the nuts next time, the fanboys here won't allow anyone to say something bad about their game. If this was about blizzard delaying cata or ..anything for that matter, there would be 50 posts already about "LOL ya this is just like X time when this same thing happened".

• RuethusRuethus Member Posts: 101
    Originally posted by sa1yaman

haha they have standart of releasing half-baked, unfinished features and never fixing them propertly. 

Listing STO as the game your currently playing.... Doesn't give you much credibilty when it comes to flaming EVE...

Edited to say I'm disappointed about delay but what's another week?
  • StarshakerStarshaker Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 28

Originally posted by Ruethus

Originally posted by sa1yaman

Listing STO as the game your currently playing.... Doesn't give you much credibilty when it comes to flaming EVE... Edited to say I'm disappointed about delay but what's another week?

No, in the context of the full history of the game he is correct. I've played off and on since beta 2002. More often than not releases are bugged and incomplete from what was advertised.

• ITPalgITPalg Member UncommonPosts: 314

Funny what was linked to is a wiki on Eve Online that could be edited by anyone.

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg
    YouTube: ITPalGame

• XrayzapoteroXrayzapotero Member Posts: 19

CCP is known to mess up  their patch/upgrade and having problems in getting things done in time so this delay is not comming as an surprise. The upgrade has always been free though

• illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343

So...people are complaining about something that is given to them free? ..nothing new there I see.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• BademBadem Member Posts: 830

haha that wiki article made me laugh

first up, I have found nothing wrong with scanning, why does it need tweaking? jsut need people to think in 3d to get to the answer, I can scan down anomalies in a matter of minutes

But I am glad this is delayed, I am working nights the week before it comes out and am on days whan it finally goes live so I can actually join in the gold rush to claim planets

• McgreagMcgreag Member UncommonPosts: 495

Originally posted by Obidom

first up, I have found nothing wrong with scanning, why does it need tweaking? jsut need people to think in 3d to get to the answer, I can scan down anomalies in a matter of minutes

Noticed the date on that article? February 2009. Scanning doesn't need any tweaking now because it has already been done since that article was posted. At release it did have some problems.

"Memories are meant to fade. They're designed that way for a reason."

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

1week is not much but is not much time to fix things

BestSigEver :P

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

THe delay is technically a week but the PI command centers wont be released until Apr 8th and if you have been on test you know that the feature doesnt work without a command center lol.

So in reality its three weeks.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• androidMKIIandroidMKII Member Posts: 3

Since the patch mostly has in it nerfs, and  the only really useful feature is EVE-Gate (a kind of social network for the characters with an ingame calendar that saves us the hassle to use Google calendar), they could postpone it for a whole year in my opinion, and no big damage would be done.

I say this since the planetary interaction in its current incarnation on SiSi is mostly a time sink, so I don't think anyone will have much fun from it save maybe some miners who'll be able to do more things while sitting in a belt.

• NiccoladoNiccolado Member Posts: 33

The command centers are being seeded a few weeks later so everyone have the chance to learn how they work, otherwise those who where on test center whould get a head start on the common player who have enough with the game server. After all, the test center is a testing ground only. Not a server to get a headstart on the main playerbase.