Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New/Returning Players Daily

I wanted to put out the word that there is a steady flow of new players to Vanguard lately. Almost every day I see one, or more, 'returning player' messages in region chat.

Vanguard is not dead, its more alive than ever.

Comments

• bigdaddysfebigdaddysfe Member Posts: 89

I just came back today after trying it for a bit last year. I'm glad to be back but whats up with the crashing every 2-3 mins? Its really hard to get anything done. Did this just start happening or did a patch trigger it? No matter where I went before, it was smooth, now everything is so choppy and crashing. Anything I can do to fix this on my end or is it just something players have learned to deal with?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

!

I have yet to crash. Not dismissing your issue but that's a new one to me! image

What operating system? Windows 7?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

i came back just last week since release. I resubbed for a month and am loving it

no crashing issues with the game for me, but the launcher does go down from time to time

• bigdaddysfebigdaddysfe Member Posts: 89

Using Vista. I restarted the Hunter's League quest I left off on and anytime I am around that NPC or the Warp Stone I would crash every time. Walking anywhere in that area was causing me to crash. I went to the Gulgethor Camp to see if anything was different and was crashing alot there too. When I get away from areas with lots of NPC's or PC's it doesn't seem bad. Just I'm afraid to go to a Major city now because it might be crash central for me.

• Not what vanguard needs at all, we need to take care of every new player, I have no issues as well and dunno what might cause. Hopefully you cna get some help on their forumscustomer service. Look up after hour if you want to join the mmorpg.com guild :)

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

I have been meaning to try this game for a while now, and have been playing the game for a few days on the isles. So far I have had no serious issues with the game other than getting stuck a few times. I am however disappointed with the graphics that are beginning to look surprisingly dated. There is also the lack of detail and polish I would usually expect from a mmo that has been going on for a few years. The animation and character models are also poorly done. As for the much lauded crafting system I was disappointed to find that it was one of those crafting systems that relies on the law of averages and chance and requires little insight or skill to get right, however it may evolve into something more interesting as I level up. The diplomacy, I feel that so far it is taking up to much of the game time, to what I thought was just a mini game.  Despite that admit I quiet like it. My biggest concern so far is the number of tedious quests. I would prefer one larger quest rather than 20 irritating mini ones that has you running back and forth all the time. Having said all that, I am enjoying the combat system which so far is keeping my on my toes. Overall, so far I'm enjoying it, and have subbed so I can make a better judgement on the game after a few weeks of casual playing.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I remember Vanguard was crashing for me when I played the trial awhile back too.

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

looks like a really interesting game, honestly ive felt like playing it many times and i have gone to the download page about 4 times now in the past year... but every time i get there i see station.sony and i remember that i am letting sony know what a bunch of (insert insult) they are for what they did to SWG... with my wallet.

so ill stick with eve online and whatever else may be out there but i will stand by my values and not give a single penny to SOE. 

sry guys, i hope you enjoy it and it becomes a great game and i am sure i would be playing it if the SOE logo was not there.

o7

Squal

• ComplicationComplication Member Posts: 209

Originally posted by professer

I wanted to put out the word that there is a steady flow of new players to Vanguard lately. Almost every day I see one, or more, 'returning player' messages in region chat.

so does that make VG's population about 300 people now?

• eggbert20eggbert20 Member Posts: 11

I have recently come back as well. In my opinion the game has made great strides and has improved alot. I haven't noticed any crashing on my end, but don't doubt that it exists. There are still some issues I have with the game, like the delay between executing a command and seeing it happen, but on the whole I am enjoying it. I actually started back because of the post I saw here about giving it another try. I joined the guild "After Hours" which is made up of alot of people from mmorpg.com, and I'm having a blast. The biggest issue I had before with the game is that it felt dead and I had no one to talk to. Well now that that issue is solved, I'm getting down to the meat and potatoes of the game, and I'm loving it. I really suggest anyone who is holding out on it to try it. There are always people on when I've logged in, and everyone has been more than helpful. Really great community so far.

• macmallmacmall Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by Complication

Who shit in your cornflakes?

lol no need to hate, you don't like the game don't worry about it.

Just saying man...

• IzorkIzork Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by Complication

The newly started MMORPG.com guild has about 150+ players (subbed) already, after a week or so. Thats simply amazing. 

I guess the population on Seradon is about a few thousand. I see peopl all the time, but now Vanguard is a REALLY huge world. Thats why you might feel alone. There are places like Veskal's Exhange where there are more people than other places, for instance.

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Yeah, After Hours has been doing incredibly well, and its only been a week. But new members keep joining us every day, whether they're from here or whether its just spreading like rapid fire through word of mouth, I don't know, but something is going right.

I've been really happy to see what a large turn out it has been. :)

• professerprofesser Member Posts: 102

Im sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing crashes. I have had no technical problems with Vanguard lately.

Thanks for the positive responses. Keep spreading the good word about Vanguard, and I hope to see you all in Telon.

• laikolaiko Member Posts: 25

D: Splinki!~, and so I subbed and been having issues updating to the full game and getting on -sob sob-, will see you on tonight maybe :x

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

I always liked the game, despite its bugs. but the big issue was lack of players to group with, i was a warrior around lvl 26-29 (cant really remember frankly so bare with me). Is it true that seradon is gaining some good numbers of subs lately? if so I will gladly resub. Anyone in the upper 20's tha are willing to group with me, to do some quests perhaps? :) i remember i was doing rent keep area where the huge ants were. but as I said my only issue is low pops for grouping for good quests.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

my bad it was trengal keep which was a pretty fun group i had. but I am a bit worried about there not being any updates for 5 months almost.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

I've been seeing the people from MMORPG.com heading to Seradon and whathave you, and being in between MMOs right now I figured I might as well give it a shot. For whatever reasons whenever I tried the trial before my performance was horrible. This time around, it's ran smooth as silk and I've actually been able to see what the game offered.

Enjoying it very much so far. Going to dink around on the trial for a little bit longer before I buy the subscription, but the game is excellent so far. Looking forward to playing it for a while.

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Originally posted by nakuma

Is it true that seradon is gaining some good numbers of subs lately? if so I will gladly resub.

Okay, I'll give you a great example of this past week.

Vikin expected a max of 20 people to join the guild.

We now have over 150 people, all of those are subbed, we even have some who are trial members, sitting in our MMORPG chat channel.

I'd say thats a good number of returning subscribers. :P

Originally posted by Splinki

Is it true that seradon is gaining some good numbers of subs lately? if so I will gladly resub.

We now have over 150 people, all of those are subbed, we even have some who are trial members, sitting in our MMORPG chat channel.

impressive. im downloading it now. my warriors name is Khranos. Ill update here when I have the game fully downloaded cool?

• DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701

im strongly considering subbin myself.

• kftauruskftaurus Member UncommonPosts: 36

Ok, I very rarely post messages on this board, however, I decided to come out of hiding on this one. I have to say after trying to fill my mmo void since leaving wow, and eve, this game has finally filled that void. If anyone is even considering at least give the trial a go, make sure you get on seradon server and hit up the mmorpg channel, they are very welcoming to all of us. Ill be sitting in there while i finish off my trial before subbing. Hope to see some more of you in game

- Zamathas

Playing:Vanguard, Firefall
    Waiting for: TESO

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Splinki

impressive. im downloading it now. my warriors name is Khranos. Ill update here when I have the game fully downloaded cool?

Personally, i think that Vanguard is a much superior game to Everquest II, the Bard imo is an 'upgraded' version of the Everquest one, the game only really failed for me because the game had just too few players, nice graphics, nice crafting mechanics, and.. diplomacy...  if only it wasnt SOE..  still.. if it really is drawing players in again, i might have to give it another go....image

in the process of downloading now. :) see yall in a few.

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

I'm a new player, subscribed about a week ago, having a blast - the only problem I've been having is what class to play because they are all fun.  Populations are great on dawn isle, spread out a bit when you leave, but not bad during primetime from what I have seen.