Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVE can be the savior for Huxley....

BoonshniggleBoonshniggle Member Posts: 48

I got a chance to play some of the PVE quests in huxley last night and I have to say that there is tremendous potential there. They appear to have difficulty ratings towards each quest, so I am guessing there are going to be some quests that are just way too difficult to complete on your own. It would be awesome to have some large scale epic quests that involve tons of team work and skill to complete. This is what I feel should be the primary focus of this game. PVP should still be a core element of the game, however, I think as a primary focus of the game, it lacks luster in it's similarity to any other FPS multiplayer that people have played, especially of course UT3.

Comments

• spLaggerspLagger Member UncommonPosts: 130

What I really want from this game is a good PVE co-op. I mean I have a blast in Enemy Territory Quake Wars, but when it's just me or one other sometimes it's just not enough to complete a mission and missions were the only thing I played Quake Wars for.

Is there a persistent world? Or is it like gunz where the quests are just a tab in the lobby where you pop a room with friends and then just kill monsters.

Oh and are the quests super simple? Or do they ever get complex at all?

• AvisonAvison Member Posts: 350

There aren't any lobbies like Gunz. You can instantly queue for multiplayer deathmatches and battlefields like in Warhammer Online.

Each side has a rather large and unique city for players to go on quests from and explore the rather extensive world. The world set-up is kind of like Guild Wars in how the zones lead to other areas and quests.

I'm fine with zones, most MMOs kind of do that anyways. Seamless is always gravy, but not necessary. Is this game ever going to come out? Has anyone heard anything? For me it's the next MMO I really want to play. Other than huxley I kinda want to try out GA, but iono.

• AvisonAvison Member Posts: 350

The Frontier Beta ended last Saturday. The actual beta, with persisting characters, supposedly starts tonight at 9:55pm, it being 6:32 as of right now and time zones acounted for. Adjust for your own zone based on these two times, three hours and twenty-three minutes from now. Supposedly.

Ijji is under contractual obligations to release this year, at the very least partially, in order to keep the game.

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657

Wow it's still not out yet? I closed beta tested this like... in August?

• EuphorykEuphoryk Member Posts: 450
    Originally posted by Avison

The Frontier Beta ended last Saturday. The actual beta, with persisting characters, supposedly starts tonight at 9:55pm, it being 6:32 as of right now and time zones acounted for. Adjust for your own zone based on these two times, three hours and twenty-three minutes from now. Supposedly.

Where is the source of this info? If you would be so kind as to point me in the right direction it would be appreciated :)

Really? Awesome. Well I hope it doesn't have TOO many bugs, I know it will. But I've been really wanting to play this.

MrRoboto, nice sig!

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

I agree with this. PVE Co-op and LOTS of it is the only way this game can do well. Also they need to have more pve stuff than go out there and kill everything on your way to the checkpoint. Something like Gear's Survival mode and many others are really need.